what joystick, HOTAS, do you use ?

m1tp2king

Saitek X52 Pro, with plans to get a set of Pro Pedals in the future. Not that I don't like the twist on my stick, but want a little more "true to life" control if that makes sense. Otherwise, it's a fantastic stick that didn't break the bank.

Semper Fidelis -- U.S. Marine Corps Motto "Always Faithful"

“Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.” - Sun Tzu

X52 Pro (6 years old)

Cant believe I've had it for so long. Its showing its age.

Cant use rotaries on the throttle for trim.

X 55 in the future.

Intel i5 7600K @ 4.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4 @ 3200MHz | MSI RTX 4060 Gaming X 8G | WD Black NVMe 2TB | Sound Blaster Audigy RX | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | Corsair H80i v2 | Corsair RM750x | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Flight Pack | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Home 64-bit |

Sig1.png

Warthog and Saitek pedals. Seriously looking into Slaw Device pedals when I have any money and a 10/15cm Warthog extension.

I need to find a seat that can be set at a proper height for comfortable use of pedals + supports putting the extended stick between my legs

Anyone have a recommendation for such a seat?

It depends on whether you want a pure gaming seat or does it also need to be a desk/work seat?

Pure gaming seats: there are lots of nice ones.

But desk/work/serious gaming seats, there are not so many to choose from.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate. OpenXR, Open XR tool kit disabled.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC.

Vaicom user. Virpil Mongoose base CM3 & Mongoose stick CM2 (not set for dead stick), Virpil TCS with apache Grip. MFG pedals with damper upgrade. Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.

I have a new hotas cougar...Tried to figure it out but lost my freakin mind and patients with it...I bought it in 06,and never used it....My buddy rebuild my pc with some awsome stuff so its time to wipe off the cob webs...

Any cougar help would be only to sweet..Im basically starting off from scratch again..

The "SCALES" of aeronautical performance will weigh heavily on your next move..

Microsoft Sidewinder Precision :)

When I get my income tax return, possibly a Warthog ...

image.php?img=mssidewinderprecision69kk2.jpgmssidewinderprecision69kk2.jpg

image.php?img=mssidewinderprecision69kk2.jpg

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 7900X @ 4.7 MHz            Motherboard: Gigabyte B650 AORUS Elite AX    Module: 64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR5 @ 3000        Video: RTX 4090 PALIT GameRock OC 24 GB

Monitor: SAMSUNG U28E590 @ 4K                      Other: HP Reverb G2 and WD Black SN850X                    The answers is ... 42!

X52 with the magnet & tensioner mods! a solid HOTAS, post mods! :thumbup: also using the MFD's on a 15" VGA LCD. :)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

CH Fighterstick and Pro Throttle and KomodoSims ProAT pedals. I think this setup is really great. The CH Fighterstick is light and very accurate which is perfect for helicopters, plus CH is really top quality in flight controls.

I used to have Saitek Rudder Pedals but fortunately I broke them when trying take the center detent off. I got the KomodoSim ProAT pedals and the world wasn't the same anymore!

They are rugged, super accurate and feel like real helicopter pedals. They cost as much as my CH HOTAS but they are worth every penny. My flying improved ten fold compared to the crappy plastic Saitek.

• Like 1

I also have CH products:

FighterStick

ProThrottle

ProPedals

Throttle Quadrant.

+TrackIR 3 with Vector. I keep thinking about upgrading to TrackIR 5... Maybe someday.

All my CH stuff is over 10 years old & still going strong. although I did have to take apart the fighter stick once a couple years ago, the gimbal started getting "sloppy" - Just had to shim it a little bit.

Im using a Logitech G940 with a custom stick extension.

attachment.php?attachmentid=89927&d=1382536946

you can beat a force feedback stick, especially when flying helicopters.

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey