F-14D WIP

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SU-33 systems/avionics are somewhere, I'd assume Embedded in a DLL.

you can try to contact Spanky, as IRIS was doing an F-14A and they had this problem and passed it.

You'll have to code the system and link the system to the animation...

There's no easy copy/paste solution.

------------------------------------------------

For Simplicity Sake,

I'd assume in the data blocks of the module sfm lua, you'd have to define the correct Aerial Refuel Probe Type First.

Then Create a LUA Device for it (See here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1982586&highlight=salute#post1982586 )

Link the Device to the Refuel Probe Animation.

Add a Connector to the end of the Refuel Probe in Max with the Proper name.

Im pretty sure the system coding for refueling is prolly way more complex than that...

I noticed I need to change that example. This way is only for using already defined Lock-On commands, so "DoMiGSalute" won't work. You need to check Export.lua and your input-lua file for an available command to use and what number to give it. These are the commands called "iCommand..."-something and need to be match with the correct number. The proper way to do this with custom commands I am only just now figuring out. Anyway, the F-16 code is working so you can have a look at that.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

F-14D WIP

If you mean what CptSmiley made last it is the first commit here:

https://github.com/RagnarDa/F-16Demo/tree/cad3b99c6d678c1837cf540cd7a521f19ef9bfea

else I believe Danvac has forked what I have made and made a few changes, you can look that up on the link too.

Edit: Danvac and others had made more stuff too like a HUD if you look at the end of this thread (it's really long): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=95985

Edited by RagnarDa

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed that you commented that IRIS had cancelled their F-14 project. And I suspect you are probably right however I believe there was a statement from IRIS in jan/dec claiming they were still very much committed to DCS and unless you hear anything official by them still count them as a 3rd party developer. I do find this frustrating particularly when there is no updates from them on a project for probably 2 years and it seems they are keeping their options open by claiming they are still commited. Yet we get our hopes up for this wonderful aircraft and are left in limbo not knowing. I appreciate this part of the forum is for your F-14 mod and i wish you the very best with this and sincerly hope you are sucessful with it but has anybody on the forums read or received anything official from IRIS stating that it had pulled the plug on DCS?

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I noticed that you commented that IRIS had cancelled their F-14 project. And I suspect you are probably right however I believe there was a statement from IRIS in jan/dec claiming they were still very much committed to DCS and unless you hear anything official by them still count them as a 3rd party developer. I do find this frustrating particularly when there is no updates from them on a project for probably 2 years and it seems they are keeping their options open by claiming they are still commited. Yet we get our hopes up for this wonderful aircraft and are left in limbo not knowing. I appreciate this part of the forum is for your F-14 mod and i wish you the very best with this and sincerly hope you are sucessful with it but has anybody on the forums read or received anything official from IRIS stating that it had pulled the plug on DCS?

I didn't read anything on IRIS, but their subforum was deleted...

So I guess that counts as official to me.

And this is where myself and some friends and dedicated people from the community are stepping in. I was a little surprised by them deleting their sub thread and have been basing my info on the demise of their f14a module off of that

Just take it one step at a time. I don't really know how to make a digital airplane, but I know that it will take a long time.

And personally, I don't mind if you never get around to creating a full Clicky cockpit.

If you don't get further than Flaming Cliffs level, than so be it.

Just the fact that you are trying to create your own version of this plane speaks for itself.

• Like 1

http://www.irissimulations.com.au/forum/announcements-1/dcs-world-and-iris

This was a statement made in jan, it's all a muddle to me. But let's look forward to your mod and some updates. :)

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Hey guys. I'm working on the textures all day today. Is there a simple or easy ways to make the specular maps within the main texture file? i.e within my F14D_Nose file. Like if you look at the texture maps that you can get from the dcs website to reskin planes.

No. I was under the impression that I need to add it to the skin before I make a dds to drop into dcs

Add it into the materails editor...

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Spec and Diffuse are 2 separate texture files, but the same material in 3d Studio Max.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 2 weeks later...

Nice project, i will continius reading this topic. Good work for all.

Intel i7 7700K | ASUS MAXIMUN IX Hero | GSkill RBG 3000mhz 32G(4x8G) | MSI Trio 1080ti | 1x M.2 SSD Samsung 960PRO 512G | 1 x WesterDigital 4T | Corsair AX-850W | Monitor Alienware 34" aw3418dw | Oblisidian 800D |CORSAIR H80 | Teclado Logitech G15 |Mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite | Trackir 5 + Clip pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Pedal MFG Crosswind