F-14D WIP

I found this in one of my research pages.

If I am not mistaken this contains the airfoil of the F14. It says that this particular craft used a NASA 6 airfoil.

Not sure though, I did not read it thorough.

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/dryden/pdf/88125main_H-1461.pdf

If you have the airfoil data you can calculate a lot of variables with the following program:

http://web.mit.edu/drela/Public/web/xfoil/

This program, XFoil, is an old MIT program (you use your CMD.exe to run this) but if you know how to use it, it may be of some help to you. BUT this data only goes for subsonic speads.

At high spead this will give false readings. But for lower speeds this can give you quite accurate data.

I hope this is of some help to you.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might wanna look into M.A.T.S. or a Facebook Tomcat Page.

NASA should have F-14A Aerodynamic Data publicly available somewhere.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

@Nyt3Stalk3r

that is a good way to replace the old F-14A with the more potent F-14D and probably a suitable flight model. I surely hope, that this project will make it for release! I was wondering why ED never mentioned the old F-14A to be replaced by the D model. After a decade starting at 2004 the ED model was never mentioned. A very good skinner was Alexandra back in the old days. She gave this model a higher resolution and I guess about 20 skins. So, we had to live with that...

Thank you guys for replacing the old F-14A in 2014! She's a real beauty!

tacit_blue

E-3B Sentry --Don't leave without 'em--

@Nyt3Stalk3r

that is a good way to replace the old F-14A with the more potent F-14D and probably a suitable flight model. I surely hope, that this project will make it for release! I was wondering why ED never mentioned the old F-14A to be replaced by the D model. After a decade starting at 2004 the ED model was never mentioned. A very good skinner was Alexandra back in the old days. She gave this model a higher resolution and I guess about 20 skins. So, we had to live with that...

Thank you guys for replacing the old F-14A in 2014! She's a real beauty!

tacit_blue

So this mod will actually be able to be flown next to the A model tomcat! We aren't replacing a thing haha. I was very sad when IRIS canned their tomcat for DCS world, which is why I'm getting help from friends and people from around the community to help bring it to life! There isn't much to tell about our flight model right now except that it is currently an sfm.. hopefully more soon!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Any new news to share regarding your mod?:)

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

• 2 weeks later...

Work has slowed to crawl this past month or so. Having a second job has really taken the wind from my sails. Today is the first day where Scratch and Myself are sitting down(as we speak) to continue work on both the sfm and hopefully start work on the afm and getting some pilots into the plane as well!

Work has slowed to crawl this past month or so. Having a second job has really taken the wind from my sails. Today is the first day where Scratch and Myself are sitting down(as we speak) to continue work on both the sfm and hopefully start work on the afm and getting some pilots into the plane as well!

Nice to hear that you intend to introduce an AFM for the F14 it will make such a difference to the mod. Look forward to hearing more updates. :)

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Also, for some odd reason, the animations for the tail hook and refueling probe won't work when the plane is in the standalone module but they work when the plane is renamed as the SU-33 and flown in place of the SU

Because the SU-33 has code for these systems already done.

You'll have to make your own systems.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

• ED Team

The Su-33 is SFM so you might be able to pick the parts out of your DCS Install, so of it isnt so easy to find, such as bomb bay doors caused me a minor head ache for a bit... but going beyond SFM, then you are getting into uncharted territory... you will need someone with a programmer brain in that instance as you will be programming these systems yourself. Things like the F-16 AFM demo might help you get started though...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

For the wing sweep, a friend of mine already has that coded into a beginning point of an afm. We have been picking apart the 16 afm demo for a while now. Now, I've been through the 33's control input.lua's and taken the probe and hook lines and added them into the tomcat systems line under the keyboard. Lua. Is that all I really should have to do? Or is there more to it since those lines didn't make the animations go. I hear the sound for them go off, but no visual movement. And the hook and probe were both tested in model viewer and on top of the su33

SU-33 systems/avionics are somewhere, I'd assume Embedded in a DLL.

you can try to contact Spanky, as IRIS was doing an F-14A and they had this problem and passed it.

You'll have to code the system and link the system to the animation...

There's no easy copy/paste solution.

------------------------------------------------

For Simplicity Sake,

I'd assume in the data blocks of the module sfm lua, you'd have to define the correct Aerial Refuel Probe Type First.

Then Create a LUA Device for it (See here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1982586&highlight=salute#post1982586 )

Link the Device to the Refuel Probe Animation.

Add a Connector to the end of the Refuel Probe in Max with the Proper name.

Im pretty sure the system coding for refueling is prolly way more complex than that...

Edited by SkateZilla