X-55 Rhino Hotas Issues and Problems

Hi, I am using Windows 7. I currently have both the throttle and stick plugged into their own USB 3.0 ports on the tower. It needs more power than the regular USB ports can provide?

I supose you need more power, a powered usb hub. When I was in windows 8.1, I used a powerd usb 2 port hub, and that worked fine.

PowerShot-x

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I followed the installation instructions and everything is working flawlessly with my DCS Su-27 profile (including many specific key presses, not only bound buttons).

Still beta.

X-55 throttle connected on USB 2 PC port.

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

• 1 month later...

it, burn it, and bring in Jesuit Priest, a Rabbi, an Imam, and a Santa Ria shaman, to cast away evil and bad spirits, that come with with product.

Dear God, all that it Holy, I have never used a joystick-HOTAS controller as utterly, completely, egregiously , numbingly bad as X-55. I do not understand how it was designed, by whom, and how on this God's green Earth did it get to market.

It is superbly low quality product, anti-ergonomic, that squeaks, rattles, gets stuck, and is terribly terribly inaccurate. Everything, just everything about it is bad. ;

Stick , regardless of spring, gets stuck, and jumps. Don't matter on how much lube and vaseline you use. Fine control of rudder is not possible. Rudder twist and hat button usage is completely impossible. The rudder twist places wrist in a painfull contortion, making thumb use extremely difficult.

The pinki break handle is a switch, when it clearly needs to be a pressure axis.

Button on stick. ALL OF THEM ARE IN WRONG LOCATIONS, difficult to reach, and even more difficult to use when twisting the stick for rudder action. It takes 5 minutes to develop carpal tunnel and 10 minutes before the pain make use impossible.

The wrist rest is too low and cannot be adjusted.

Hat switches, aside from being difficult to reach, even with large male hand, rattle, and their action is not positive. They work, they may not. Any kind of diagonal switch is tottally unreliable. Two of the hat switches interfere with each other.

Throttle.

There are no 8 way or even 4 way hats on throttle. There needs to be at least 1, 2 is better.

Button are all very difficult to press. They require way to much pressure, and when they do click, they do so with loud clunk that shakes the throttle. Ergonomics are terrible.

This is bad, poorly designed, poorly built, and overpriced product, that has ruined my SAITEK experience. I have used X52Pro, but it broke, after 6 years of use.

SAITEK needs to recall it, before it is faced with medical lawsuits, from broken wrists.

I have now used it for 4 months, and experience just keeps getting worse. $200 wasted, but lesson learned.

Please send it to me.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

How many fingers do you have?

PD: I love my X-55. Simply the best medium quality HOTAS.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

DaveRindner are you really having so much trouble with the X-55 Rhino. I have arthritis in my wrists and I am not having as much issues with that. Are you playing DCS World or the DCS World 1.5 beta. You can set the HAT to be 8 ways, but you will need to program it in the HUD software that comes with Saitek. Just need to remember that what is programmed in the HUD needs to be cleared in DCS World. I dont really think its overpriced compared to other similar brands which are a deal more expensive some are twice the cost. But I find it an ok, system for someone on a low budget.

I will admit there are some design flaws, but generally I find it ok. The Warthog I find too expensive, especially for a weekend flyer. but I would advise that in the end you program the HOTAS to your physical abilities. In my opinion HOTAS systems are not designed for small hands, and I havent seen one that is build specifically for small hand, and as far as I am aware that the systems are designed from actual cockpit design, but with some modifications, so they are able to be programmed for different aircraft. If would cost alot of money to buy HOTAS systems for each aircraft you fly. F15C controls are different to the SU-27 controls, and it would cost well over $1000 to design a HOTAS system that can be interchangeable to match the type of aircraft flown in DCS World. Just one last issue, never have too high an expectation on gaming devices, because you will end up being disappointed if they dont match up to your expectation. Same they dont have a try before you buy system or get suppliers to set up these systems so that you can try them before ordering them. You will find that people will find fault with everything if there expectations are too high. Unless you are willing to pay thousands of dollars, you will never find a gaming device that will totally satisfy you, as developer with design a similator that wont be suitable for your gaming device, and they you will become unsatisfied with the device because you cannot play the new simulator. Just some things to think about before your frustrations take control.

DCS World Online, SU25, SU25T, A-10 A, Black Shark 2, F15C, SU27, Combined Arms, A10C. Flight Controls: Saitek X-55 Rhino HOTAS System and Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals. CPU AMD Ryzen 3 2200 3.5GB, 1TB Int HDD, 2TB Int HDD, 2TB Seagate Ext HDD, 8 Gb DDR4 1600 Ram, Geforce GTX 760 2GB GPU

I'll take it Dave. I love mine. Seriously, if you don't want it I'll give you my address.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I received mine X55 15 days ago, it was perfect at start, finally enough buttons and switches etc. but after a week or so right thrust simply went out of calibration somehow. And it wont calibrate in windows 7 x64 either. Saitek software didnt helped at all. Right stick has roughly 20% dead zone which cant be removed.

As a result now i have different thrust settings even if i put both sticks in same position.

Solution is to lock both sticks and then everything is ok because apparently only left axis is monitored and sensitivity is normal. But then i dont have separate thrust controls. :mad:

I tried to shuffle it to different USB port, but it didnt helped. Motherboard is Msi X99 if that is important.

Ill buy a beer to any1 who has solution for this, or who saw similar issue on his X55. :helpsmilie:

BigBadVuk, have you tried reinstalling the driver. Are you setting it up via the DCS World or via the HUD software. if you are setting it up through DCS World make sure that you have cleared your HUD profiles, just to make sure that it non of the profiles interferring with DCS World. In your task bar there should be an icon that allows you to select your x55 profiles, if it is green, then you need to right click it and select clear, to turn HUD profiles off and see if that help.

DCS World Online, SU25, SU25T, A-10 A, Black Shark 2, F15C, SU27, Combined Arms, A10C. Flight Controls: Saitek X-55 Rhino HOTAS System and Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals. CPU AMD Ryzen 3 2200 3.5GB, 1TB Int HDD, 2TB Int HDD, 2TB Seagate Ext HDD, 8 Gb DDR4 1600 Ram, Geforce GTX 760 2GB GPU

I tried windows device settings, i tried to make both X and Y axis ( left and right stick) with 20% dead zone in rhino software and i tried DCS world axis tune - nothing helped. Right stick has 20-30% dead zone and it simply refuses any calibration process. Or better to say it ignores it.

Im not at home right now but tomorrow i will try to disconnect everything from PC ( stick, throttle, rudders) and uninstall rhino software and try again from scratch.

If this doesnt help im returning stick back it is just few weeks old. What is the point in having so many buttons and switches when basic functions are not working :(

• 1 month later...

Anyone with Windows 10 keeps suffering from driver and software issues?

Since the new W10 drivers it worked fine for a while but I now have BOSD when switching profiles and unplugging the throttle (I don't use the joystick).

I'm using the v7.0.41.10 drivers and software.

I reinstalled the driver and software for good measure but the problems are not fixed.

I submitted a ticket…

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

• ED Team
Anyone with Windows 10 keeps suffering from driver and software issues?

Since the new W10 drivers it worked fine for a while but I now have BOSD when switching profiles and unplugging the throttle (I don't use the joystick).

I'm using the v7.0.41.10 drivers and software.

I reinstalled the driver and software for good measure but the problems are not fixed.

I submitted a ticket…

I used a custom profile that set the little thumb stick for skewing, well it BSOD badly... had to ditch that.... but it was easy to tell what was going on, it basically was entering characters till it crash my puter.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Thanks for the info!

I also read somewhere while searching for similar error messages that if the commands names are longer than 15 characters, it may BSOD as well :/

I've already changed most of my commands names without altering the profiles functions but it keeps crashing (I'll have to double check the characters count).

I think I'll try to run very basic profiles and switch between them to check how stable it is first…

That little thumb stick is a real PITA - I only use bands and try to use it like a simple hat.

It shouldn't be that clunky anyway.

I'll report back if I can find a solution.

They really need to work on their drivers and softwares.

From what I know, I used the W10 64 beta drivers as soon as they've been released and it's the same version numbers we have now (7.0.41.10).

I tried to replicate my issue and I created new simple profiles (one button with simple keybinding on each profile), backed up and moved my other profiles out of the folder.

Switching back and forth between those very basic profiles and the default profile did not trigger any crash.

Then I removed them and copied my Su-27 profile back in the folder (the same I used for months). I've shorten the commands names under 13 characters (just in case).

Fresh reboot (just in case), and it keeps crashing if I switch profiles (Su-27 to default profile) with that BSOD error message:

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

(with another note implying SaiKa215.sys - which is the driver)

or

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

The very same profile (Su-27) was working flawlessly until W10.

I really don't want to loose my time struggling with the profile checking the commands one by one and trying to locate the issue. It seems to be related to a driver and/or software issue.

I attached my profiles to my ticket to MadCatz/Saitek support but based on their previous replies, I doubt it will be fixed anytime soon.

I'll report back if I happen to find a solution or if the support team provides some useful advice.

Hi

I'm also having major issues with the HUD software. Windows 10 64 and latest drivers. After a bluescreen whilst editing a profile I can not get the HUD software to run again :(

It gives me the icon in the toolbar and I can switch profiles but it will not open to allow me to open the editor.

Pops up with a do I want to allow software box and then nothing

I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers and software and still nothing

I have no logged a ticket

If only VKB had there throttle and some newer jet / helicopter sticks out :)

[…]

If only VKB had their throttle and some newer jet / helicopter sticks out :)

I'm eagerly waiting for that too. I'm tired of that unreliable throttle.

But I doubt the jet throttle will happen soon… Of course, I hope I'm wrong.

About the profiler: did you try to remove your custom profiles before restarting the software?

If not: back up your profile(s) and remove them from the profiles folder, then start the software with the default profile alone. If it works, at least, you know the profiler don't like what you've done ;)

I agree I think it we will have to wait a while :(

Thanks for the suggestions with the Profiler. Still not working :( I have removed the custom profiles from public documents folder.

Have completely uninstalled HUD and made sure that no files remain. Reinstalled and still wont open :(

Guess I am going to have to roll back windows or wait for Technical Support :(

Have you looked in the Windows Event logs for any clues?

Try and open the hud, and after it fails right click on Windows Start button and select Event Viewer. See if there is any messages about Saitek /madcatz /x55, etc..

Sent via Galaxy Note 4 with Tapatalk.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

I would try running CCleaner to clean up any left over dlls and registry entries. Use it at your own risk. Make a restore point first. Only have it remove stuff you want. Don't just have to delete everything.

Again, use at your own risk. But I have used this for years to remove old ATI or nVidia drivers. Good Luck..

Got it working thanks to Treetop Flyer in another thread

FIXED IT! Go to Program files / Mad Catz / x55 Rhino folder. The H.U.D. executable , rename it, taking out the last dot (.) from the H.U.D. so that it looks like "H.U.D" . Now you can open the H.U.D and everything works. Thanks to your community for the responses and help. Keep Flying!