F15C AFM too sensitive to control (CH Fightstick)

uboats

I/m using CH Pro Fightstick, and dz for both pitch and roll is 3, curve 20

however, i found if I slightly move the stick, 15c would have large response in roll such that

it is hard for level flight.

Is there any suggestion for CH Pro Fightstick setup for 15c?

also for other rus AC (27,33)

(p.s. the stick spring is very soft that feels like logi 3d extreme w/o plugin charger)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

I am not an jetfighter player but I could not resist to test the new F15C. I found myself that the controlls are quite sensitive so I have added some slight curves to my axis. I am far to be able to say if is corect or not, but for me is unpalayable without curves.

I need to find a way to be able to change axis saturation in flight. I am using a G940 without its software control (which is not working properly btw). Any ideea?

Edited by Abburo

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

I'm using the Logitech G940 (a horrible stick): its quite sensitive but manageable. I've been guilty of just running with the stock linear setup in the past and adapting but I might give some of these numbers a go.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I need to find a way to be able to change axis saturation in flight. I am using a G940 without its software control (which is not working properly btw). Any ideea?

Without using external software, it cannot be done.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Logitech does not have such a functionality in their software anyway.

Thrustmaster Target does.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I think it`s time for full throw controls , my joystick is roughly 18" tall and has about 12" of travel on each axis ( not boasting here :) ). My collective is roughly 12" long and has 10" of travel , VRS in the Huey is virtually a thing of the past the collective controlled by a short throw jet throttle being way too sensitive i can slow down and land with ease and hitched my first sling load last night.

Flying the Eagle with the stick is also superb and the high pitch and roll rates can be thoroughly utilised.

The stick and throttle currently use standard Saitek pots through a bu0836x interface but will soon be changed for Cherry Hall Effect Sensors.

I am happy to share any of my controller details if anyone is interested.

I think it`s time for full throw controls , my joystick is roughly 18" tall and has about 12" of travel on each axis ( not boasting here :) )

I have to agree. The extension on my Warthog, only an extra 3", made a huge difference in aircraft handling.

I do have my Logitech stick extended with aprox 10 cm too and this change helps me a lot especially fo Huey hovering. I cannot extend anymore because it will be totally non-practically for my seat arrangement. I like this joystick for its force feedback and general ergonomy which suits me very well.

I am used to use functions as "Double Rate", "End of (Saturation)", "Exponential (curves)" from remote controled planes, and I think they could be extremly usefull for any sim too. We are having ussualy two or more flying profiles on our remote controls for acrobatic flying, pattern flying... 3D flying... etc.. Changing profiles happens while flying the model.

I know the Thrusmaster feature and I envy it :D

Edited by Abburo

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

I am not an jetfighter player but I could not resist to test the new F15C. I found myself that the controlls are quite sensitive so I have added some slight curves to my axis. I am far to be able to say if is corect or not, but for me is unpalayable without curves.

The new AFM includes the ability to turn off CAS Pitch, Roll, and yaw.

I/m using CH Pro Fightstick, and dz for both pitch and roll is 3, curve 20

however, i found if I slightly move the stick, 15c would have large response in roll such that

it is hard for level flight.

Is there any suggestion for CH Pro Fightstick setup for 15c?

also for other rus AC (27,33)

(p.s. the stick spring is very soft that feels like logi 3d extreme w/o plugin charger)

Using CH Fighterstick also. For roll I found that going with a 24-26 curve and toning down the Y Saturation to about 75-80 helps. For pitch, I have generally the same values. No deadzone, no need. Still tweaking, but try that out and report back. I'll check back in, as well.

Best,

Edited by BadK

BadK

MSI Z270 Gaming M7

Core I7 7700K @ 5.0 GHz

MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming Trio

Corsair Vengence DDR4 2666 32GB

Corsair LE SSD 960GB

Corsair HX 650W

Corsair H100i v2

Corsair 460X Case

Windows 10 Pro 64

CH Products (FS, PT, PP)

Oculus CV1

Also running CH here. The one thing DCS need badly is some axis smooting or some other way to compensate for lack of full throw controls. I get the realistic steering concept, but very few people can afford full throw controls or have the room to use them (like home pit).

Until that happens all I can say is use curves (30% seems best for me) and practice a lot. If a 256 pot CH joystick can do well in the Huey, it cannot be bad.

Using CH Fighterstick also. For roll I found that going with a 24-26 curve and toning down the Y Saturation to about 75-80 helps. For pitch, I have generally the same values. No deadzone, no need. Still tweaking, but try that out and report back. I'll check back in, as well.

Best,

roll curve to 30 is much better.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Also running CH here. The one thing DCS need badly is some axis smooting or some other way to compensate for lack of full throw controls. I get the realistic steering concept, but very few people can afford full throw controls or have the room to use them (like home pit).

Until that happens all I can say is use curves (30% seems best for me) and practice a lot. If a 256 pot CH joystick can do well in the Huey, it cannot be bad.

personal experience of CH Fighterstick on Mi8 & BS2

I think CH is very good for heli flight w/ dz 3, curve 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

roll curve to 30 is much better.

Good to hear.

As for you asking for a suggestion, I was implying that turning down your saturation will decrease your roll rate within the Y-axis. Because at 30 curve, you have a steeper/sharper drop-off towards the end of the input curve, thus a quicker increase in your roll rate the further you pull. Turning down the saturation in the Y-axis will level that steep curve out a bit. Having a deadzone will cause a jerky feeling because your inputs suddenly kick in after a certain length of pull. If you want more feel take out the deadzone.

BadK

MSI Z270 Gaming M7

Core I7 7700K @ 5.0 GHz

MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming Trio

Corsair Vengence DDR4 2666 32GB

Corsair LE SSD 960GB

Corsair HX 650W

Corsair H100i v2

Corsair 460X Case

Windows 10 Pro 64

CH Products (FS, PT, PP)

Oculus CV1

I tend to go into a spin when I do a split S. The plane just spirals out of control. Is there a way in the axis to fix this? I am using thrustmaster hotas warthog

This is really the by product of pulling too hard too fast, while also being too fast. I am still occasionally making that mistake myself, trying to stay just on the edge of departure. When I do over do it I can usually bring it right back where I need it. Of course the AFM is still being tuned.

This is really the by product of pulling too hard too fast, while also being too fast. I am still occasionally making that mistake myself, trying to stay just on the edge of departure. When I do over do it I can usually bring it right back where I need it. Of course the AFM is still being tuned.

Exactly what blkspade said. From what I've heard on other threads, the controls are very similar to the actual Eagle. Lets say you Fox 3 onto an enemy fighter and break off through a Split-S. If you pull back too hard, once you level out, your aircraft still wants to pull the nose up. I don't know exactly why this happens, but if you want to know more, browse the 1.2.8 open beta bug reports thread. There will be plenty of information there.

Intel i5 6600k @4.2 Ghz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

8GB DDR3

Windows 10 64 bit

Samsung SyncMaster S24B300HL 24"

Saitek X52

CH Products Pro Flight Pedals

TrackIR 5 with Track Clip

Logitech G930 Wireless Gaming Headset

Flight mechanics are a little broken in the beta .

It's like the trims and rudders are screwed up or something. Extremely unstable.

Also the engine seems to have gotten some serious steroid injections, You can pull what, 8 g's (?) continually without losing any speed .

No air to air missile in the world is going to be able to shoot the F15 down now lol

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Flight mechanics are a little broken in the beta .

It's like the trims and rudders are screwed up or something. Extremely unstable.

Also the engine seems to have gotten some serious steroid injections, You can pull what, 8 g's (?) continually without losing any speed .

No air to air missile in the world is going to be able to shoot the F15 down now lol

I have felt as if I've gone Super-Saiyan in the F-15 since the AFM, but considering that no A-A missile in the world has ever shot down the F-15, seems legit. There some eventual speed loss and some odd behavior associated with it when holding that 8.0. However after reading the DCS: F-15C desciption page, it makes total sense now.

I think that now, when you fly into an freshly fired R-77 at 3 miles, you can still turn 180 and outrun it :D

I mean, it's all cool and stuff but this is still a "game" , and there needs to be balance. Whether that is realistic or not , balance comes first.

So, if the russian planes will also have "super sayan" (i lolled :d ) engines in the future, then air to air combat is going to get real weird

Edited by Maximus_Lazarus

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Corner speed is about 425 knots. This means you can maintain maximum load factor at that speed. This was always possible even before AFM.

See here:

attachment.php?attachmentid=96561&stc=1&d=1396984636

F-15_performance.PNG.41691172c44d35c1d6c20134e9590215.PNG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester