Things are Pretty Quiet

Cobra847

Sorry, I read the question previously and left the window open to answer and then went off and forgot. :megalol:

Yeah; GA is on board for the Launch Trailer. He's an awesome dude who deserves all the credit in the world for being easy to work and reach an arrangement with. :)

Ohhh This is Going to Be G R E A T:thumbup:

Patrick

mini.gif

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://forums.eagle.ru/search.php?searchid=7011177

http://www.leatherneck-sim.com

http://forums.eagle.ru/search.php?searchid=7011183

As has mentioned multiple times previously; the promo phase will kick into full gear very shortly.

We don't enjoy posting tons of pics and videos of half-baked stuff, especially with stuff that is obviously (visually) half-implemented.

Maybe what people don't understand is how at this stage, things are visually only half baked, there was mentioned that things could be done in a matter of days but you are taking your time to get it right in terms of distribution etc.

I thought you said the visual stuff is done and now you are doing bug testing and stuff.

Maybe what people don't understand is how at this stage, things are visually only half baked, there was mentioned that things could be done in a matter of days but you are taking your time to get it right in terms of distribution etc.

I thought you said the visual stuff is done and now you are doing bug testing and stuff.

I think the answer is that different team members are working on different aspects of the plane.

The "art" guys work on the model and texture all the time. Making improvements and adding detail, etc.

The "programmer" guys are writing the code that runs behind the scenes making dials spin and making the thing fly like a plane.

They don't merge all this stuff together very often. So the programmer guys might be looking at 6 month old art in the version they use for testing. If they make a video showing how the plane fly's in the sim that video would contain old art.

Once they pull it all together into 1 unified build they can take pics and record videos for their official media blitz.

I think the answer is that different team members are working on different aspects of the plane.

The "art" guys work on the model and texture all the time. Making improvements and adding detail, etc.

The "programmer" guys are writing the code that runs behind the scenes making dials spin and making the thing fly like a plane.

They don't merge all this stuff together very often. So the programmer guys might be looking at 6 month old art in the version they use for testing. If they make a video showing how the plane fly's in the sim that video would contain old art.

Once they pull it all together into 1 unified build they can take pics and record videos for their official media blitz.

Pretty much sums it up.

As an example, a lot of assets have been built in Max but simply haven't been integrated with the other main components. Another example would be the liveries that are done, but we haven't gone through the time-consuming task of exporting them all because should there be any changes to the base texture, we have to do it all over again. This is fairly typical of software development. It all comes together at the very very end.

The notion was that if we HAD TO; we can have it ready in 2-3 days.

Right now there are a bunch of cylinders floating outside the cockpit because we are integrating the new pilot and a bunch of other assets.

Not an optimal situation for screenshots.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

The notion was that if we HAD TO; we can have it ready in 2-3 days.

.. Then do it?

Man I could really use a navigator right about now.

i7-3770K @ Stock

MSI GD-65 Z77 Mobo

G.Skill Ripjaws Z [16GB] @ 2133 Mhz

AMD Radeon HD 7950 [sapphire Tech] @ 1150/1600 Mhz

OCZ Vector 256GB [C:/]

Seagate Barracuda LP 2TB @ 5900RPM [D:/]

Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB @ 7200 [E:/]

Western Digital Blue 1TB @ 7200 [H:/]

Corsair AX850 PSU

Corsair 650D Case [so Sexy <3]

:doh:

What a struggle.

Hope you guys will have some relief once it's done and not a shift to patching related stress

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Waiting to build a F/A-18C home-pit...

ex - Swiss Air Force Pilatus PC-21 Ground Crew

SFM? AFM? EFM?? What's this?

i7-5960X (8 core @3.00GHz)¦32GB DDR4 RAM¦Asus X99-WS/IPMI¦2x GTX970 4GB SLI¦Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD¦TrackIR 5 Pro¦TM Warthog¦MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

I'm glad someone finally said it and it didn't have to be me.

On the other hand, I'd much rather see this in 2 years in hog level quality than at an entirely different quality level in 'beta forever' (just don't want to get my post deleted but I'm sure people know damn well what I'm talking about - the 'DCS' level of quality label lost its meaning unfortunately.).

I'm a software developer as well and I'd not only get fired if I did what you guys did but I'd probably have hard time ever working in this business again.

Just to clarify: the fact that the project is taking a lot of time isn't the problem in my view. It's the unbelievable public relations stunts behind it.

Whatever, I'll still buy the mig anyway, it looks really awesome. Finally a first actual fighter aircraft for DCS with an actual radar (had to say it as well).

Just to put more positivity here: I'm sure once ED gets the alternative maps working and we get more air to air aircraft, DCS is going to be an epic platform. If we get something like Falcon AF had I'd be one very happy customer.

It is hard not be skeptical given the history of flight sim development in general and the history of this project in particular. Was it not just late January when a firm "no later than March 31st" release date was announced only to be followed a week later by potential cancellation of the entire project? I look forward to the release of the MiG-21 as much or more than I looked forward to the release of Target, Fighter Ops, or Jet Thunder, and unlike those projects I even put some money down. Of course, the money was thrown away as it did not get to the real developers and as yet I have no MiG-21 in hand.

When the MiG-21bis is on my hard drive and working as well or better than promised, I will lose my skepticism and hand over some money to comp the developers despite my prior wasted funds. Until then, all I expect are more delays and excuses.

Edited by cz_jc

• ED Team

You are mad because this forum isnt for discussing political topics?? Your post is a little confusing, but if you have an issue with the forum and its policies I suggest you PM a mod or team member instead of using this post to do so. For one, Leatherneck doesnt make the rules for this forum....

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Well as far as I've noticed (been checking every week or so regularly), the message appeared in there right around the time the beczl studios -> leatherneck change happened so it made me think you meant that as opposed to actual political issues. If it is actually to do with political issues in the right sense of the word then I apologize for making the wrong conclusions (although I don't know why would that have to be there).

(i've removed it from my post, sorry. please feel free to delete this one as well.)

You are mad because this forum isnt for discussing political topics?? Your post is a little confusing, but if you have an issue with the forum and its policies I suggest you PM a mod or team member instead of using this post to do so. For one, Leatherneck doesnt make the rules for this forum....

Edited by cz_jc

Don't you hate it when you post a bad link to a tired old 'Still Waiting' image? ;)

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I've been well for over a year but I'm getting the MiG-fever again, at least this time I'll get the cure as promised. =)

AMD FX-6300

8GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LP DDR3 RAM

SAPPHIRE HD 7790 DUAL-X O/C 1GB DDR5

2TB SEAGATE HDD

WIN7 ULTIMATE X64

Edited by SilentSierra

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B650E-E MEM: Kingston FURY Renegade 64GB DDR5 5200MHz SSD: Kingstone Fury Renegade NVME PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD 4TB GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC CASE: Cooler Master TD500 Mesh WATER COOLER: Cooler Master Master Liquid ML360 Illusion HT: TrackIR 5 VR: HP Reverb G2 V2 HOTAS: TM HOTAS Warthog RUDDER: TPR Rudder Pedals GRIP: TM F/A-18C GRIP WHEELS: Logitech G27 OS: Win 11 Pro SIMS: DCS World, Falcon BMS, IL-2 Sturmovik, MSFS2020, Arma 3, Assetto Corsa.