Infantry

Eburitus

Current infantry need a hell of a overhaul. Completely useless as it, either from CA point of view than even for immersion. They should drop the current "one man is one IA", and integrate a "squad" entity, like in game such Combat Mission. Would definitively help CPU, ground commander, and mission designers.

It's weird that in a Sea/air/land simulator, the worst thing modeled is the most important thing in the war : the grunt. But I've got faith in ED, one day, in a distant future, they'll do it right ! :)

It may be a plan in the future. Edge should allow skeletal animation for more infantry improvements. However whether ED will plan to make a full featured war simulator is extremely challenging with players like ARMA.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Just a reminder.

:)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The day you can get out of your cockpit and walk around, and then get back in, will be when infantry is possible.

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

Nice Steel Beasts battle video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eUvBiyzFG4

This is the level we need in Combined Arms, but also being able to control an infantry soldier as well (FPS). Like the terrain. I know we could do this in DCS with the new EDGE engine. Imagine this battle happening in the DCS World, but with DCS Warthogs and heli's coming in to the battle as well. Just think if the Iraqi's had had Black Sharks in the second Iraq War... :music_whistling:

Edited by Chernaren Refugee

Imagine this battle happening in the DCS World, but with DCS Warthogs and heli's coming in to the battle as well. Just think if the Iraqi's had had Black Sharks in the second Iraq War... :music_whistling:

Then the server crashes after a gruelling 10 minutes of non stop action spool ups. :wallbash:

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Crashes have been WAY down but then again I don't run anything like the 51st or 104th... I do still have a couple of nagging problems-

One of them is watching infantry skidding around on its knees or just not moving at all. I know they're danger close when I try to get them to move and they stay still.

Someone mentioned the idea of moving "real" infantry (that actually runs and moves around) in the db_countries to the "not real" (on knees all the time sliding around) infantry spots... I can't remember who had the good stuff anymore though :(

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art