STATEMENT ON RELEASE

Cobra847

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please TROLL elsewhere... There are adults on this forum that don't want our time wasted with drivel such as you just posted..

Please go away..

I am old enough to remember the first announcement of EDGE, so that counts, right? Because that was a long time ago. The first target date for EDGE was also a long time ago.

This is like driving with kids: Every time they ask "Are we there yet?", the answer is always "In 20 minutes". I would be very surprised if the actually release it this year. By giving the promise that EDGE will be there "in 20 minutes", they probably slowed down the development of the MiG-21Bis because now Leatherneck have to fork the it to release it with 1.2.9 and then later with the new engine.

But maybe, just maybe ED is very open to the third party developers and just likes to annoy it's customers ;)

Btw: I never joke. Only adults joke.

C'mon guys.....it was just a joke, about that EDGE being just photoshoped. Why are You so jumpy about every post here? Relax...duuuuudes. :)

Yeah that's the first thing I thought when I read it. Some folk really need to relax and start thinking better of folk in the community. A sense of humour goes a long way. As an Englishman living in the US I understand humour doesn't translate sometimes, but seriously give folk the benefit of any doubt and think before posting

Good Grief

It is ok, some guys probably know that I am German and since it is known that Germans don't have any humor, they must have thought that I am 100% serious.

Anyway.....I think, I currently have two more posts, than You. :)

I don't think EDGE really exists, those screenshots are probably all just made in Photoshop.

Hehe, unless we get a notary signed screenshot of EDGE, it does not exist :D

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

An obviously jocular comment will always bring the white knights out of hiding, audax. Just pretend flight simming warrants such a response, make no sudden movements as it may cause the forum user to instinctively attack you, and back away slowly and cautiously.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

C'mon guys.....it was just a joke, about that EDGE being just photoshoped. Why are You so jumpy about every post here? Relax...duuuuudes. :)

Fun is not something the ageing community of DCS is very good at, be carefull. :D

Please Cobra and Rudel. Release new videos.

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

• 3 weeks later...
I know why cant they tell us the date of relase exactly. ED are afraid that theyr payment system will broke down of so many payments.

Because there is still work to do and there is some efford for coordinating everything concerning the release between several parties (i.e. ED and LN). Still quite a few posibilties for something to happen that could seriously screw a published release date. And after all the experiences in the past, for example what enormous unrest on the forums a delay of a single day can cause (see Fw190), it is only wise to not announce anything when there is still the slightest and remotest possibility of a f**k-up.

Because there is still work to do and there is some efford for coordinating everything concerning the release between several parties (i.e. ED and LN). Still quite a few posibilties for something to happen that could seriously screw a published release date. And after all the experiences in the past, for example what enormous unrest on the forums a delay of a single day can cause (see Fw190), it is only wise to not announce anything when there is still the slightest and remotest possibility of a f**k-up.

But they still announced the Steam release date and made a page for it?

i7 4790k @ 4.4, 32GB RAM, RX480 GTR

I fly it all.

But they still announced the Steam release date and made a page for it?

They didn't officially announce it (here).

It's a possible date steam is indicating.

This should help you with the times given by steam/valve

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Waiting to build a F/A-18C home-pit...

ex - Swiss Air Force Pilatus PC-21 Ground Crew

SFM? AFM? EFM?? What's this?

i7-5960X (8 core @3.00GHz)¦32GB DDR4 RAM¦Asus X99-WS/IPMI¦2x GTX970 4GB SLI¦Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD¦TrackIR 5 Pro¦TM Warthog¦MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

They didn't officially announce it (here).

It's a possible date steam is indicating.

This should help you with the times given by steam/valve

That applies to Valve first party titles, not 3rd part titles sold over Steam.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

That applies to Valve first party titles, not 3rd part titles sold over Steam.

:detective_2: pssst keep 'em busy!

:book: In the meantime they don't ask for silly stuff... :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Waiting to build a F/A-18C home-pit...

ex - Swiss Air Force Pilatus PC-21 Ground Crew

SFM? AFM? EFM?? What's this?

i7-5960X (8 core @3.00GHz)¦32GB DDR4 RAM¦Asus X99-WS/IPMI¦2x GTX970 4GB SLI¦Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD¦TrackIR 5 Pro¦TM Warthog¦MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

can't wait for the release :)

good luck, and hope all your chips return 100x :)

A lot of people hope this. In my opinion, this has wider implications than just the success of Leatherneck. If Fishbed becomes big hit, commercially, it's an out right declaration of DCS truly being open for business to third party devs. There's a whole lot of skepticism floating about, a lot of it well founded. What we know is that Fishbed sets a new standard in fidelity and it's success will tell developers what they can expect from a well made module.

So, I hope it's a 1000x return for them.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

I couldn't agree more, for those exact reasons and also more selfish ones - I get to be reunited with my all time preferred ride. My baby. I've been without since Flight Simulator 2004. And that was a Mongol B two seater. Are there better performing fighters? Deadlier fighters? Sure. But that big honkin' nose cone and huge swept rudder and delta wings... more more more please. :D

i7-8086K, ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, G Skill TridentZ 64 GB DDR4 3733, Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme RTX 2080Ti