"DCS STOPPED RESPONDING"

Maximus_Lazarus

Virtual memory ... i think i set it to 0 a while back, but with that i mean long before these problems started happening.

Free disk space, uhm about 35 gigs left .

I do wonder though, i think the game loads terribly slow considering it's on an SSD. But "disk health" is still at 100% according to some program.

Ram usage is about 3 gigs when i play i think... But my graphics cards only have 2 GB . I haven't checked the in game graphics memory usage . But then again, no problems while playing whatsoever, except super low frame rate when the server lags out of control.

Framerate drops to low 10's when i look at a lagging player, or even in his direction without me even seeing him visually.

He can be 50 miles away, but if he's lagging, i'm getting horrible frameratre.

The only thing that i can think of, that has changed, really , is the weather. It's gotten a lot warmer, i think i really have to do a long prime95run.

Or try stock clocks ... I have no idea really

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewExportDCS.lua')

This is my export.lua file ^ (aww and the track DID fail , stuck in the grass again lol)

It's also weird, just now i quit the replay ... says "stops responding", then i CLOSE the game, and guess what, it loads another screen "watch again" or something like nothing happened -_-

The game IS having problems "switching .exe's " like mentioned before

Edited by Maximus_Lazarus

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual memory ... i think i set it to 0 a while back, but with that i mean long before these problems started happening.

I use 8gb system RAM like you and i used to be a big fan of disabling Virtual mem a while back in pre-DCS World v1.2.6 era, nowadays i have to set mine to 3072/3072 to avoid low memory scenarios or crashes.

H4pfCVW.jpg

OK, I think you should set your VM directly back to 8GB upper and 8GB lower limit, so to say fixed 8GB Virtual Swap File.

With 8GB you can't set it to ZERO Lazarus, MAYBE with 16GB and standard usage you can try this but you should know what SW you use and how much RAM those SWs use. 8GB is usually eaten up in no time with a few progs and tabs open, especially if you use ADBLOCK & FIREFOX with many tabs opened...

Short summary: Give it some swap on your SSD and you could be fine :)

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

This is my export.lua file ^ (aww and the track DID fail , stuck in the grass again lol)

It's also weird, just now i quit the replay ... says "stops responding", then i CLOSE the game, and guess what, it loads another screen "watch again" or something like nothing happened -_-

The game IS having problems "switching .exe's " like mentioned before

I had once weired crashes whenever my aircraft crashed/exploded. It took me quite some time to figure out that my fiddling around with the Export.lua was the cause for this. I had an own coroutine running to export certain data and it relied on some cockpit instruments. But when the aircraft crashed, the cockpit was not present anymore in the memory, but the coroutine was still running and trying to access it.

The plot thickens ....

I was fiddling around in BIOS , and turned on "CE1 Halt state" on the processor.

It would not boot into windows anymore !

This has always been enabled, untill Arma 3 , because this would be one of 3 million illusion fixes for the bad performance of that game.

So back then i turned it off. Now it appears i can't turn it on anymore cause my windows will simply not boot with it on.

Ok i gave the disk some virtual memory. Clocked CPU back to 4.0 ghz . Going to run prime now for a while

I also had to export some file from the 1.2.8 beta , into DCS a while ago to make tacview record the flights. But i'm pretty sure the problems started long after that.

Enough for today, i can't think anymore. thx for the help guys. First i must make absolutely sure my system is stable . Prime time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Crashes in Games + Windows Crashing when you enable C1E = a CPU/VRM/Mainboard issue.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Seems that cpu voltage was set @ "auto" as well ?

Can't run 4,5 ghz on 1.0 Volts ... Running prime now.

It's running quite hot already though, 8 threads , 1.25 Vcore, blend test , 78 degrees celcius on core 1 , hmm only been running for 5 minutes.

*edit, temp dropped a bit now, think watercooling fan woke up, 70 degrees now .. looks good

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why throw time in the trash bin by running prime? One of the overclock rules is, if anything on an overclocked computer crashes, even if prime passes, it must be tested without the overclock to see if it happens again.

So back to stock settings, run DCS and other games for a week, and see if it disappears. If it does, then stay stock (as your system is perfectly good for running DCS, ARMA3 or whatever you want to run - I don't know why people messes up with things they don't understand).

Seems that cpu voltage was set @ "auto" as well ?

Can't run 4,5 ghz on 1.0 Volts ... Running prime now

Here;s an Idea...

Stop messing with the BIOS, you have no idea what you are doing, restore it to defaults, and run the system as intended (no Overclocks or crap disabled / enabled that shouldn't be)

Make sure you HDD Mode stays in the Mode you had when you installed windows.

Your messing with CPU Voltages and Clocks and Crap and you're shooting yourself in the foot because your playing with one without checking the others.

and you keep finding stuff wrong, just wipe the slate clean and restore defaults.

No way the system would boot at 1000Mv at 4.5 GHz, even with LoadLine Calibration Maxed.

It might post, but as soon as the processor is hit with any workload it will crash to it's knees.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Here;s an Idea...

Stop messing with the BIOS, you have no idea what you are doing, restore it to defaults, and run the system as intended (no Overclocks or crap disabled / enabled that shouldn't be)

Waaahaaa GOOD ONE :) !!

Lazarus, no offense ! BIOS settings are complex and no one is a natural born SysAdmin

and even if you are for a year, things change so fast, what was true yesterday is of no use today

in IT World.

Yes, PLEASE....ALL STOCK SETTINGS !!!

and yes, if you mess with AHCI """AFTER""" installing Windows OS you have a NO-GO Showstopper. ALWAYS keep that setting where it was, you have to change it before installing the OS. Usually AHCI MODE is what you most likely want for your modern system, unless you still use ATAPI drives etc...

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Holy cow... this is like having the check engine light go on one car and trying to resolve that by taking a different car to the shop to get an oil change in hopes that a third car's flat tire will be fixed.

There is now absolutely no way that anyone can even begin to help you since you've been horizon to horizon managing to turn just about every aspect of your computer inside out.

And don't take my ample sarcasm the wrong way- this thing went sideways pretty fast and it is kind of funny to look through the thread you have to admit ("My game crashes when I get shot down... Now logging into the BIOS to adjust my power management functions... Pouring on the coal to 4.5ghz with my 1000mv shovel!")

Anyway- once you manage to get those two wet, hungry and angry cats out of your computer case I'll be the first one in line to try and get your game back up and running again... but ooooh dude!

Edited by ENO

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

It's your thermal grease! Replace it.

:smartass:

WC

Or it could be the electric current - nuclear power is infamous for having spikes and generally being "dirty". Talk to a Hi-Fi nerd - even gold cables won't help there. You usually need to run your own generator in your basement that produces clean, spike free electricity. Or talk to your provider so you get hooked up for coal-fired power plant.

Edited by Flagrum
added some well tempered exaggerations.

Infidels !

You underestimate my fiddling powers! :D

The reason i forgot half of my settings was because this overclock has not been fiddled with since years.

Back then, i knew what i was doing. It's just that i forgot most of it because i did such an AMAZING job of getting a super stable 24/7 overclock that never needed any "maintenance"! :D

I do not understand why suddenly my Vcore was so low. All i can think about is that i set some mobo setting like "power save mode" to enable . (after i got an electricity bill of 1200 euro's :mad: )

Prime has been running @ 4,5 ghz for 4 hours now. Temps are pretty nice , around 75 degrees, considering it's 25 degrees in my house, no errors yet.

Maybe the game won't crash anymore when i am forced out of the plane, i hope so but , i have my doubts.

But maybe the virtual memory thing helps, i read some applications can act weirdly when the virtual ram is set to 0

Guess i'll find out :-(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Infidels !

You underestimate my fiddling powers! :D

The reason i forgot half of my settings was because this overclock has not been fiddled with since years.

Back then, i knew what i was doing. It's just that i forgot most of it because i did such an AMAZING job of getting a super stable 24/7 overclock that never needed any "maintenance"! :D

I do not understand why suddenly my Vcore was so low. All i can think about is that i set some mobo setting like "power save mode" to enable . (after i got an electricity bill of 1200 euro's :mad: )

Prime has been running @ 4,5 ghz for 4 hours now. Temps are pretty nice , around 75 degrees, considering it's 25 degrees in my house, no errors yet.

Maybe the game won't crash anymore when i am forced out of the plane, i hope so but , i have my doubts.

But maybe the virtual memory thing helps, i read some applications can act weirdly when the virtual ram is set to 0

Guess i'll find out :-(

°c or °f?

its about 4°C from throttle temp.