MiG-21 Video Suggestion Thread

Cobra847

As noted in the Release thread; I'm working on a video that will be bundled with the next update.

I've set aside some time to do more videos in succession to this one; but I'd love to hear some ideas of what you'd most like to see.

Be it a specific weapon or system related or just a general scenario, do share!

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I would madly love to see an F-15 get jumped in an MP environment, but more realistically from your side I suppose an in-depth look at radar functionality would be the most interesting. It's so unlike the other radars. :) Showing the workings of these age-old beamriders and similar would be swell!

Hi,

Normal mission flight. No special effects..

1)

Cold start up, flying 50Km to the target area, destroy some ground targets with various weapons. Head back to base. Proper landing procedure.

2)

Same as the first one but with A2A battle instead.

Thank you

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

.....Vladimir, let's go to Sukhoi.......

I like to see some videos from:

- cold start up

- proper landing

- shut down

- use of the A2A-Radar used & air traget shut down

- A2G weapon used:

i) unguided rockets

ii) unguided bombs

iii) Gun pods (do we get somes?)

:pilotfly:

Edit: Hunting a F-4E Phantom (AI) through the mountains.... :music_whistling:

Edited by mwd2

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

As noted in the Release thread; I'm working on a video that will be bundled with the next update.

I've set aside some time to do more videos in succession to this one; but I'd love to hear some ideas of what you'd most like to see.

Be it a specific weapon or system related or just a general scenario, do share!

I would love to see some daytime video of the startup procedure.

I'd love to see proper employment of the radar to find, lock and engage a target.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
I like to see some videos from:

- cold start up

- proper landing

- shut down

- use of the A2A-Radar used & air traget shut down

- A2G weapon used:

i) unguided rockets

ii) unguided bombs

iii) Gun pods (do we get somes?)

:pilotfly:

Edit: Hunting a F-4E Phantom (AI) through the mountains.... :music_whistling:

+1

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, GeForce RTX 2080Ti, 32 GB DRAM, HOTAS TM Warthog, FSSB R3 Lighting, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 Pro

Pretty much the stuff mentioned above

I would like to see a normal landing, because I guess it will be quite challenging

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Waiting to build a F/A-18C home-pit...

ex - Swiss Air Force Pilatus PC-21 Ground Crew

SFM? AFM? EFM?? What's this?

i7-5960X (8 core @3.00GHz)¦32GB DDR4 RAM¦Asus X99-WS/IPMI¦2x GTX970 4GB SLI¦Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD¦TrackIR 5 Pro¦TM Warthog¦MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

I agree... please shoot the video in 1.3.0. We want to see it rendered in edge. Landing, some A2A and A2G action would be nice. Please make it at least 4-5min.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Just any "representative" in-cockpit stuff to get a feel for what it is like to fly her. Include some kind of interaction with the various systems during changing flight parameters. And perhaps a bit about the radar.

A 30 second teaser would be much appreciated :D JK JK

Just a lot of dogfighting and general badassery. Maybe steal a mission from a previous FC3 campaign and convert everything to russian/mig-21 etc? (Third mission in F-15 campaign comes to mind, the AWACS attack one). Oh, and co-op with all the devs would be nice :D

Edit: I'd also like to throw in even if you guys get your asses beat, as long as you go out in style I'd be happy :P

Edited by Serp Supreme
  • Like 1

This post is protected by a pilot who has a serious lack of negotiating skills, but is absolute hell in a dogfight. If you do not belong here, please leave.

You have now been properly negotiated with.

MiG-29S Instant Action Mission Fix

Come check out and add to my list of all landmarks in DCS World!

^that works now

I think basics like cold and dark startup sequence.. then air to air radar operation if possible.

This can go well before reading manual.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

1. Startup, takeoff, GCI a american bomber.Show us how the radar works, shoot him down, return to base.(night time).

2. Startup, takeoff with those fancy rockets, drop some bombs(or launch some dumb missiles), and for the grand finale drop the A bomb :) (day time)

1. Startup, takeoff, GCI a american bomber.Show us how the radar works, shoot him down, return to base.(night time).

2. Startup, takeoff with those fancy rockets, drop some bombs(or launch some dumb missiles), and for the grand finale drop the A bomb :) (day time)

This!

Wishlist: DCS: MiG29M/CMT | DCS: MiG25/31 | DCS: MiG-23MLD | DCS: F16CJ