#04 - MINI-UPDATE & COLD STARTUP

Cobra847

So any final decision about what DCS version is the intended target to release the Mig-21? 1.2.9 - 1.3.0?

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Like 1

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD, 1 x 15TB SSD U.2

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

I'm basically going to stop holding my breath for this to be released. I've been extremely excited for it, and really looked forward to it, but with all thats going on, I can't sit here anymore with my mouth watering anymore.

We all know whats been going on with this for the past few weeks now, and its extremely frustrating and tiring. I'm going to try hard to remove myself from hanging onto this release with my fingernails.

If it comes out soon, sure I'd probably buy it, but as other modules that are in the pipeline, Hawk, Fw190, Sabre, C-101, get release, I'll have to reevaluate if I will purchase the Mig. I really can't afford to buy all the aircraft, so I will have to be selective. From whats been said this thing seemed like it was going to be release 2 weeks ago, and now its "indefinitely" postponed. Frustrating yes, but I can't let this release be everything I think about when I fire up DCS.

Not to discedit the work that LN has done, it just the situation recently has really stunk, and has kind of been a buzzkill.

P.s. Before I get flamed on this post, i'm not trying to offend anyone, I'm just stating the feelings I have, and that I know several others have as well.

I really want to support LN, but sometimes its hard to keep faith.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who doesn't understand the meaning of this post... :huh:

You're not alone. Rudel = Riddle

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I'm basically going to stop holding my breath for this to be released. I've been extremely excited for it, and really looked forward to it, but with all thats going on, I can't sit here anymore with my mouth watering anymore.

We all know whats been going on with this for the past few weeks now, and its extremely frustrating and tiring. I'm going to try hard to remove myself from hanging onto this release with my fingernails.

If it comes out soon, sure I'd probably buy it, but as other modules that are in the pipeline, Hawk, Fw190, Sabre, C-101, get release, I'll have to reevaluate if I will purchase the Mig. I really can't afford to buy all the aircraft, so I will have to be selective. From whats been said this thing seemed like it was going to be release 2 weeks ago, and now its "indefinitely" postponed. Frustrating yes, but I can't let this release be everything I think about when I fire up DCS.

Not to discedit the work that LN has done, it just the situation recently has really stunk, and has kind of been a buzzkill.

P.s. Before I get flamed on this post, i'm not trying to offend anyone, I'm just stating the feelings I have, and that I know several others have as well.

You just explained the current situation perfectly. I bet there are several other people in that boat with you. I might be one of them soon too. It's ridiculous how long it's taking to release this module there is no reason not to release it in the current version of DCS World. Disappointing times. :joystick: :music_whistling:

Edited by Gargoyle1
  • Like 1

Wanna see my latest DCS: World movie?

Follow this link!

My YouTube channel- https://www.youtube.com/user/Gargoyle792nd

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You just explained the current situation perfectly. I bet there are several other people in that boat with you. I might be one of them soon too. It's ridiculous how long it's taking to release this module there is no reason not to release it in the current version of DCS World. Disappointing times. :joystick: :music_whistling:

They would still need ED to do their testing and by the time they we're done it may not be much time left until 1.3.0. But who knows.

Sorry to see you go. Even more sorry that you're drawing conclusions from baseless forum speculation.

If you feel the other aircraft are what you wish to purchase, by all means, feel free. We have been clear with our intentions and release capability for many weeks now.

Words like "indefinite" are not our invention.

This is not what I meant at all.

I can't tell you what I don't know.

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

2 weeks,6 days, 1hour :))

+1

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Sorry to see you go. Even more sorry that you're drawing conclusions from baseless forum speculation.

If you feel the other aircraft are what you wish to purchase, by all means, feel free. We have been clear with our intentions and release capability for many weeks now.

I can't tell you what I don't know.

Nobody is here to trash LN. We do enjoy talking to you guys and are all really excited forthe mig-21.

You obviously understand after all the post's from people saying how eager we are.

Look, Maybe an official update within a few days (a week is an eternity here, remember?) should clear things up. After all the forum mayhem, it's important!

Saying you have some exciting things simmering up get's us all fired up! We just want to hear what is going on from a dev's standpoint. :joystick:

• Like 1

Wanna see my latest DCS: World movie?

Follow this link!

My YouTube channel- https://www.youtube.com/user/Gargoyle792nd

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I check this forum far too often for any update/news/release date and although I too am very frustrated to be still waiting for this module, I promise I will be one of the first to buy when it comes out.

However I am curious as to why ED have delayed the module? I say ED due to the fact that by all accounts LN were ready to release weeks ago pending final testing/integration in DCS world. Unless there were serious issues that ED weren't happy with I do wonder why ED put the breaks on this release? With the Dora, Hawk, Sabre etc set for release soon it would make more sense to me to stagger the releases (as has been suggested).

I would imagine that in this scenario LN must be feeling quite frustrated too. I ended up buying the F-15C the other day thinking it would satiate my hunger for a fast mover but I just got bored with the lack of depth.

manual would be nice in the meantime.....:music_whistling::music_whistling:

"In victory you deserve champagne, in defeat you need it"

- Winston Churchill

3700X | X570 Aorus Elite | GTX 1070 | 32GB 3200 (3600)mhz Corsair | XFX 850W PSU | Lian Li Lan Cool 2 | Tir5 + TCP, VIVE Cosmos Elite | TMWH #08677 | Saitek Combat Pedals

I check this forum far too often for any update/news/release date and although I too am very frustrated to be still waiting for this module, I promise I will be one of the first to buy when it comes out.

However I am curious as to why ED have delayed the module? I say ED due to the fact that by all accounts LN were ready to release weeks ago pending final testing/integration in DCS world. Unless there were serious issues that ED weren't happy with I do wonder why ED put the breaks on this release? With the Dora, Hawk, Sabre etc set for release soon it would make more sense to me to stagger the releases (as has been suggested).

I would imagine that in this scenario LN must be feeling quite frustrated too. I ended up buying the F-15C the other day thinking it would satiate my hunger for a fast mover but I just got bored with the lack of depth.

manual would be nice in the meantime.....:music_whistling::music_whistling:

It's not only ED. LN are currently integrating the module into EDGE so they can release when 1.3.0 comes out. From what I've understood at least.

It's not only ED. LN are currently integrating the module into EDGE so they can release when 1.3.0 comes out. From what I've understood at least.

yes but i am sure its at EDs request. Why ED couldn't say "ok release with 1.2.8.xxx (or whatever) and then start EDGe integration"

.... Of course in truth i have NO IDEA what is going on :helpsmilie:

"In victory you deserve champagne, in defeat you need it"

- Winston Churchill

3700X | X570 Aorus Elite | GTX 1070 | 32GB 3200 (3600)mhz Corsair | XFX 850W PSU | Lian Li Lan Cool 2 | Tir5 + TCP, VIVE Cosmos Elite | TMWH #08677 | Saitek Combat Pedals

Cobra,

I did not intend for any offense from my post. I'm just trying to put in the feelings that I have, and that I know many others have as well.

From a consumer standpoint, we were pretty much expecting a release end of June, from what was posted by you. That came and went and then it was postponed. Then there have been several things that have not come to realization, and they are things that many people were hopeful for such as the livestream, promo copies, and more videos that haven't yet happened.

And when its stated that your target is 1.3.0 and that it appears that ED has delayed it (and EDGE), with making a 1.2.9 for Sabre, which wasn't the original plan, its somewhat frustrating as we now know absolutely 0 about when 1.3.0 will officially come, and hence your module. I know you mentioned there is a possibility of a 1.2.9 release but we have no idea how likely that is

I think you guys have put fantastic work into the module and I really want to support your product. Believe me I'm not out to bash you, or LN. But from a consumer standpoint its very frustrating going from an end of June release, to now being delayed with no estimate of the release.

Last we heard that the Mig-21 was offically done and sent to ED for test, and somehow that became we don't know when it will release. It's very frustratingfor consumers. The information is also buried deep behind pages of other comments, and for many people they don't have time to sort through all of that.

Like I said, I want to support your product. But under recent circumstaces its getting very frustrating. Many people are excited to fly this module, but it has been painful recently for them

Edited by ff4life4
  • Like 1