DCS Bf 109K-4

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me say that it is refreshing that a game developer would take the time and possibly delay a piece of software to ensure that everything is functioning properly and is bug free. You guys are amazing, and have yet to let me down. Keep up the good work, Ubisoft could learn a lot from you.

Trust me, when we get WWII units and all these different maps.... I will be re-writing history :)

I don't necessarily want it re-written, just re-created. ;) This beauty, the upcoming Spit and P-47 (I hope...), and the new maps should allow some great period set-pieces. Somebody needs to step up to the plate and make a bomber, though. '17, '25... I don't care. I don't even like to fly bombers and I'll pre-order, just like I'll pre-order every WWII bird ED or partners put up for sale.

So if I have the Dora, why should I get the Bf-109? what differences, advantages, disadvantages are there between them?

Thanx!

Two totally different airframes. The P-51 and Spitfire come to mind as a comparison. They're both air-to-air fighters with some limited ATG capability, but they approach combat quite a bit differently. The Dora was faster at altitude, the K4 could climb and turn better. The Dora against allied planes tends to be limited to boom and zoom only (they could dogfight a P-47, but not much else), whereas the 109 could turn with anything other than a Spit.

Axis players are going to love the 109... but many, many planes are going to be broken on the runway when they try and land.

Edited by nervousenergy

PC - 3900X - Asus Crosshair Hero VIII - NZXT Kraken 63 - 32 GB RAM - 2080ti - SB X-Fi Titanium PCIe - Alienware UW - Windows 10

Sim hardware - Warthog throttle - VKB Gunfighter III - CH Quadrant - Slaw Device Pedals - Obutto R3volution pit - HP Reverb G2 - 2X AuraSound shakers

So if I have the Dora, why should I get the Bf-109? what differences, advantages, disadvantages are there between them?

Thanx!

K-4 advantages:

- Climb

- Turn

- Acceleration

- Faster on certain altitudes

K-4 disadvantages:

- Roll

- Dive

- High speed and ground handling stability

- Slower on certain altitudes

So-so:

- Sex appeal

- Armament;

K-4 has one extremely powerful but low velocity cannon with low ammo count, 30mm Mk108 65 rounds. Also 2xMG131 13mm with 300RPG.

Dora has two more higher velocity, but less powerful cannon with high ammo count, 20mm 2xMG151 250RPG, also 2xMG131 13mm with 475RPG.

My skins/liveries for Fw 190 D-9 and Bf 109 K-4:

My blog or Forums.

Open for requests as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ah yes, the little known "BoN". Battle of Nevada... the German's biggest gamble... ;)

Yep, 109s against F-16s - it was a short campaign.

JbRyb_zps8ba69282.jpg

Good to know the K-4 will be available soon.

Edited by Friedrich-4/B

I'm starting to get really excited :) Screenshots looks awesome!

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The sreenshots (latest DCS2.0).. the depiction of rotating propeller blades in exterior shots is imho overdone - too dark. Does anyone developed the same feelings? :) but maybe WIP..

Pictures from inside the cockpit on the other side look awesome - propeller isn't really noticeable.

I mean that exterior pictures taken from frontal hemisphere. I know that propeller blades are painted black :) but when the propeller is spinning it isn't nearly noticeable no matter the color used (of course depends on rpm's).

And what about the stick/throttle? It will be imho perfect to have them also toggle visible/invisible (for any plane).

And what about the stick/throttle? It will be imho perfect to have them also toggle visible/invisible (for any plane).

stick throttle toggle off? why?:dunno:

Love the 'squaresitka'.....

hope someone will fix that up with a skin pack

sure with custom skins, swastikas can be added...but in dcs its even simpler if you insist on a swastika, then just add a "s" to one of the files of the skin and thats it...

Edited by 9./JG27 DavidRed

yes please as a feature request!!!

regarding the pilot and oxygen mask...its hard to say from those pics, but it seems as this pilot is also wearing a german uniform?

I've only seen shots from my phone but at least his helmet and goggles are german ones so probably rest of the uniform too.

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Love the 'squaresitka'.....

hope someone will fix that up with a skin pack

And they seems to be wrong way at right side of tail :) Easy to fix tought.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fantastic new screenshots of the K-4 and NTTR! Also congrats on the new WWII pilot model with glasses and mask - there's something deeply immersion killing in the always same expressionless face of the unmasked pilots. Big improvement!

MAC

yes, im also of the opinion that such "little" details go a long way in immersion...brings us quite a bit closer to 1944

... I know that propeller blades are painted black :) ...
OH NO, props should be painted RLM 71... She isn't yet released and we already have bugs... :P :P :P :P

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

yes, im also of the opinion that such "little" details go a long way in immersion...brings us quite a bit closer to 1944

Yep David, I think our perception is sharpest when it comes to reading faces, it's where we're the hardest to fool. Goggles and mask are an intelligent (and historically accurate) way to maneuver arround that difficulty in simulation.

MAC