hotas pic

Someone asked to see what my hotas setup looked like since mine is rather unique. After going to the trouble, thought I'd post it here.

Oh yes, concerning the uniqueness...

When I got this setup about three years ago, I never could get used to flying righthanded so I made my own handles out of fibreglass. So much for the warranty!

• Like 1

signature.jpg

---------- Click here for details ----------

Abit AV8 MB, AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 1.5 GB DDR, GeForce 6600GT/256MB AGP,

CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle/Pro Pedals/Throttle Quad/DT225 Trackball, TIR4

Hmm is it me or the CH stick is inverted?! o_O

Your a leftie?

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

That's nice setup dude, every sq inch of the screen is always handy ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Venice, OC to 2,66 GHz), MSI K8N Neo Platinum (nForce 3 250 Gb), 1,5 GB Corsair PC-3200 RAM, GeForce 7800GS 256 MB VGA (G71, OC to 535/1550 MHz, ForceWare 84.21), 2 x 300 GB Maxtor DiamondMax 10 SATA HDD (RAID 0), SB Audigy 2 ZS, 480W Thermaltake PurePower TWV PSU, Win XP SP2, MS SideWinder Precision 2, Belkin Nostromo n52 SpeedPad, HP L1902

Thanks Goon,

I've been building radio control planes for years so doing this was not much different from building an engine cowl or something like that.

signature.jpg

BTW heres how I modded my X52 for higher spring return force.

If youll look closer to the bottom of the stick theres a rubber disk already between it and the top of the spring. I have the spare 1 on my hand.

The second picture shows my current flying aparatus. :)

My PC specs below:

anivanov,

The manual you see there is the Falcon 4 Allied Force manual. A friend of mine payed $55 to have that printed out. It's like 750 pages! I just borrowed it from him. I don't have F4AF myself, just Falcon 4.0 with the SuperPak 4.2 update. I borrowed the manual to see what's different and to decide if I wanted to go out and buy F4AF. Problem is, I have gotten so addicted to lomac that I haven't gotten back to Falcon.

signature.jpg

Is that a Cougar or the earlier version(FLCS/TQS). I've just got me a split throttle, I'm now saving for a multi-controller for it, probably use a plasmaV2.

Hi SUBS,

That is an FLCS/TQS I have had since the late 90's but modified with the Stickworks Digital Chipset.

Split throttle... from where?

plasmaV2... what the hell is that? :confused:

My PC specs below:

>Zuki wrote

>Mines semi unique

Zuki,

Dude! That is NOT semi-unique!

You've got to expain what all that is. Are those toggle switches on the base? What is the big knob thing on the back? Does Control Manager see that stuff?

Details! Details! Details!

signature.jpg

• ED Team

Um...just by looking at these joysticks, this question pops to mind..

I used to use the Microsoft Sidewinder force feedback joystick, but it is now broken..

I am stuck using a crappy "Wingman force 3d", and it really sucks.

What joystick would you recommend, that has a twisting handle? I'm not quite sure yet if i need a HOTAS...

Cheers

hey snom...go to ch-hangar and do a search on their forums for the franken-potato mod...you'll see why he said semi-original! :)

Amraam, YES U NEED HOTAS lol Sriously it owns a single stick setup

I can heartily recommend the X-52. It's the best HOTAS for the money imho. It has twist stick you want, and is fully programmable (3 modes + shift function for all buttons in each mode). Arched throttle is tension adjustable and has AB detent and 2 rotaries(which CH doesn't. see above mod what someone had to do for a rotary!).

there's a discussion at SimHQ you might want to read...

http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=140;t=001838

As you'll read I feel kinda strongly about what a good value the X-52 is. Unless you're willing to spend a grand for a modded cougar the X-52 is the way to go for features vs. cost. I've been abusing mine for a year and a half now with no problems.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The X-52 looks really really light-weight... isnt this just very annoying? That if you move the stick, you literally push the thing across the desk???

X-52 is heavier than it looks...I thought the same thing until I went into a compusa and actually felt one...and then I bought it :) the spring tension on the stick is nice too, and if it's still not heavy enough for you you can just put another spacer(like pilotasso) under the spring. and i can't say enough about the adjustable tension on the throttle. you can set it as stiff or loose as you like.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, My setup is not so unique - actually its quite ordinary... buuut since my daughters birth 8 weeks ago it is quite unique that I'm actually in that chair :)

Only the new "flight sim baby-sling add-on" gives my the chance of flying.

The other setup is of course the Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar - and Glowing here you got yourself some weight on the desk - I exchanged my Logitech Sidewinder (or something) last summer and hasn't looked back. Created my own profile, and now I can almost avoid using the keyboard on standard missions.

[shameless Selfpromotion -On]

Btw. More pictures of the new sweetheart at http://www.troest.nu/Albums/Nanna/index.html

Sorry about the Danish ("Forside" means the frontpage - "Alle Gallerier" means "all galleries" - there is some nice flying pics in the "Fly" gallery.

[shameless Selfpromotion -Off]

Den%20gik.jpg

X-52 is heavier than it looks...I thought the same thing until I went into a compusa and actually felt one...and then I bought it :) the spring tension on the stick is nice too, and if it's still not heavy enough for you you can just put another spacer(like pilotasso) under the spring. and i can't say enough about the adjustable tension on the throttle. you can set it as stiff or loose as you like.

Yeah AMRAAM, if you want a programable stick with a reasonable number of keys for less money, the X52 is the thing. Make sure you look at the MOD I've donne if your unconfortable with the spring lightness. It may not apear much of an improvment at first but it helps alot with stick predictability.

BTW colt, yes I've seen your seideways consoles. I have no IDea how to make some with my current avaiable materials. back in the workshop at the university all I got is aluminum and steel, and it will be difficult to justify the time there for personal motives.

Cheers! :)

Depede: wow, congrats for your newborn child. Its certainly a life changer.

BTW is your cougar MOD'ed?

My PC specs below:

Hi SUBS,

That is an FLCS/TQS I have had since the late 90's but modified with the Stickworks Digital Chipset.

Split throttle... from where?

plasmaV2... what the hell is that? :confused:

Unfortunately I missed out on getting one of those chips for my FLCS/TQS but thats ok as the PlasmaV2 is a USB interface that I can use to make it into USB connection. My split throttle is a Suncom SFS I bought from someone over the net, it will be my first project for USB conversion. Hopefully finished in time for FOs F-15E. The PlasmaV2 is also upgradeable so if I go and start building an F-15E pit then I have the ability with the PlasmaV2.

http://www.betainnovations.com/

http://www.combatsim.com/archive/htm/htm_arc4/sunthr.htm

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]