=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

eekz

Is there a map tutorial somewhere for this server. I was gonna do some ground pounding today. Went to what I thought was the correct location on the map and circled for a good 30min but never located the targets. Not sure if I interpreted the map coordinates correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

yea today the server would randomly drop 20 people at once. I don't know why people kept coming back, it was dumb.

At least to make sure that it's not only one person who's beed dropped.

Confirm. Witnessed several mass-disconnects today.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eekz, it seems that all the disconnecting is caused when a spit takes some damage. So would you consider removing them from the server until ED gets its finger out, then it can be enjoyed by some people at least.

Thanks for information. Will try to replace Spits with P-51s today.

Also, just FYI:

On spare time it try to update the current mission in with interesting objectives but I face several core issues of the game:

1. There are not enough units in between very easy to destroy units (infantry/trucks) and very hard to destroy units (tanks).

2. Infantry and other units if they have AI on or dispersal under fire option on can run inside buildings and other map objects and thus become invisible/indestructible. That result into the situation that if I want to make 'alive' ground target I need to put it in the fields, or make it completely static and non-responsive if I want to place it in cities or near airfield buildings.

3. Ship units have too high gt.rate parameter and grant several thousand ground points.

4. B-17s tend to collide in formation while turning, and cause lag when shooting

5. If I want to use static object or map object as ground objective that will result into impossibility to grant any PvE score to players' stats.

6. Trains do not react to triggers and scripts and have problems with routing

7. Normandy roads have enormous places where convoys just stuck

and maybe several smaller issues i cant remember right now.

Still struggling to design a more entertaining mission with all of that stuff...

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook

Thanks for information. Will try to replace Spits with P-51s today.

Also, just FYI:

On spare time it try to update the current mission in with interesting objectives but I face several core issues of the game:

1. There are not enough units in between very easy to destroy units (infantry/trucks) and very hard to destroy units (tanks).

2. Infantry and other units if they have AI on or dispersal under fire option on can run inside buildings and other map objects and thus become invisible/indestructible. That result into the situation that if I want to make 'alive' ground target I need to put it in the fields, or make it completely static and non-responsive if I want to place it in cities or near airfield buildings.

3. Ship units have too high gt.rate parameter and grant several thousand ground points.

4. B-17s tend to collide in formation while turning, and cause lag when shooting

5. If I want to use static object or map object as ground objective that will result into impossibility to grant any PvE score to players' stats.

and maybe several smaller issues i cant remember right now.

Still struggling to design a more entertaining mission with all of that stuff...

Thanks man

The spits are not the only cause of disconnects. I doubt this will completely solve the problem.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Many thanks for work! Some thoughts about ground units.

* How about using small building and/or towers? Both were in =BS= 1.5

* Armored units (tanks, Brumbar, ...) with reduced Hit Points - is it still bad option?

* Considering that infantry can hide behind trees/buildings, the condition for mission success may be switched from 'group of units destroyed' to some percentage of destroyed units. No?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Many thanks for work! Some thoughts about ground units.

* How about using small building and/or towers? Both were in =BS= 1.5

* Armored units (tanks, Brumbar, ...) with reduced Hit Points - is it still bad option?

* Considering that infantry can hide behind trees/buildings, the condition for mission success may be switched from 'group of units destroyed' to some percentage of destroyed units. No?

Hey! Thanks for suggestions. I would like to reply to each point:

- Currently there are too few units in ground -> structures category. Most of buildings and towers are in static category, and players do not receive ground points for statics. While for some players it does not matter, for others it may be important to see hard earned ground point on stats web-page. That's why I use only ground units for objectives, and don't use statics. If ED could add gt.rate parameter to static units it would be cool.

- Good point. I've been thinking about it and going to try it for sure.

- Yes, working on it. Need to improve ground objective handling script for that as currently it's pretty simple and only counts units in selected volume. I guess it should have more options.

Thanks!

Maybe some parked static aircraft on unused airfields?

They are easy to destroy with guns and would be a realistic target.

Yep, I think it would be great, but statics grant no ground points and if I use AI planes at ramps they have some weird DM and don't want to die even after multiple HVARs.

I could definitely use statics, but maybe for some players ground points in stats are important.

Anyway, maybe i'll start using statics more for ground objectives. But there is currently no win-win choice.

Edited by eekz

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook

I got the same disconnect when I was flying a 109. Please do not remove the Spits.

The Spitfire crashes or Engine Damage was disconnection for all other Players also without flying the Spit..

But we will see how it goes today...

Edited by MAD-MM

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

The only reason I suggested it is I've spoke to people who have flown for an hour or more without any disconnecting and both times there wasn't any spits online. If it doesn't work then yeah put them back, but at least we have tried

Hi,

It is really funny but I was disconnected two times when my Spit was on a Me109's six :(

There were only 2-3 players on the server and there was only one red. Consequently no any Spit was damaged (I hope Me109 doesn't have a gun on its tale :) )

Kind of the server on the Germans' side :lol:

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat.

We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

Visit our website:

VIRTUAL-PILOTS.COM