DCS: MiG-21 Preliminary Changelog

Cobra847

"Redefined payload to utilize the Eagle Dynamics R-60M"

Can I get an explanation for this. Did you build your own r-60m and are now going to use ED's?

Edit:

"Taxiing and Braking now more restrictive"

Will this eliminate the fake nosewheel steering?

Probably a quick fix so some users can survive until LN can make an option for realistic taxi.

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the Steam release of the MiG-21 today (in 7 hours time according to their site) are you guy's planning on releasing the update before the steam release?

Does the Steam release contain this update already?

This seems a logical thing to do if possible, otherwise the Steam customers will be encountering the low FPS issue as well....

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

With the Steam release of the MiG-21 today (in 7 hours time according to their site) are you guy's planning on releasing the update before the steam release?

This seems a logical thing to do if possible, otherwise the Steam customers will be encountering the low FPS issue as well....

Want to know as well

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Updates not included in Steam Release (yet)

Just an FYI for those that want to know... the updates listed don't seem to be incorporated into the Steam release of Mig-21 yet. I'm judging this based on the fact the LOD1, LOD2, and LOD3 mesh packages are all still 14,111KB each and are probably still identical.

Mig-nifique!

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Great! I will buy my MiG-21 module as soon as this update is released. Those bugs reported so far have been holding me off from buying

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

+1

Please, I'd like (and I think ereyone) to know if we are speaking this weekend to date release, next week, next month, etc...

I'm very impressed with Mig-21, congratulations, but in this momment the performance is very poor compared with other modules, and I'm waiting this patch to starting to fly missions and online. I'm constantly watching the forum waiting news, but I'm tired ;-). I am not criticizing, your communication from first momment is excellent, but you haven't yet reported an approximate date release of the patch... please;-)

I don't know why you would think that. That prel. fix log looks pretty comprehensive. I'd say no earlier and than next week and maybe liveries one or a couple of weeks later. Don't worry though, it's coming.:)

AMD FX-6300

8GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LP DDR3 RAM

SAPPHIRE HD 7790 DUAL-X O/C 1GB DDR5

2TB SEAGATE HDD

WIN7 ULTIMATE X64

Great! I will buy my MiG-21 module as soon as this update is released. Those bugs reported so far have been holding me off from buying

These bugs shouldn't hold you off, the module is imo by far the best DCS module to date, and the update will just be the icing on the cake... :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

These bugs shouldn't hold you off, the module is imo by far the best DCS module to date, and the update will just be the icing on the cake... :joystick:

If it's not playable to the point where it cant be enjoyed then I cant really blame anyone for holding off on the purchase, but one will REALLY never know until they install it also.

EDIT: Just to be clear. I am not upset/angry about my "purchase". I'm simply not able to enjoy it at the moment with my current settings that work well with my other modules. I have great confidence that LS have corrected these issues for the next update.

Edited by Raven68

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

If it's not playable to the point where it cant be enjoyed then I cant really blame anyone for holding off on the purchase, but one will REALLY never know until they install it also.

EDIT: Just to be clear. I am not upset/angry about my "purchase". I'm simply not able to enjoy it at the moment with my current settings that work well with my other modules. I have great confidence that LS have corrected these issues for the next update.

Kinda in the same boat myself, I love the MiG but I am waiting for the patch in hopes that the oxygen bug is fixed as well as the FPS issues.

It is not out of spite that I say this, I love the product, it is just that I am waiting to enjoy it in a more complete form.

I've been considering purchasing this product, but decided to wait until after the first patch was released before making my final decision, it's seem this patch will be a major fix to a great product, I hope it's released soon.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

ETA on fixes?

Is it safe to assume that that's an ED call and changes will roll out with the next DCSW update? :dunno:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

Is it safe to assume that that's an ED call and changes will roll out with the next DCSW update? :dunno:

I would say so.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Well, hopefully ED lets Leatherneck get those updates out the moment they are ready as waiting around too much could have some effect on potential sales, some folks are going to hold off on buying it until the patch comes out so it is in ED's best interests to make sure that 3rd parties can update when needed and not just wait for when ED decides to do a big patch.

Hi Guys,

Here is the preliminary changelog for the next MiG-21 update.

Thanks! LS

Will these updates be incorporated in the original DCS MiG-21 add-on? I did not buy DCS MiG-21, yet. If I buy it after your changes will I have to upgrade it as a patch or it will be already incorporated in the basic download version? Thanks!

already incorporated in the basic download version?

Yes.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Well, hopefully ED lets Leatherneck get those updates out the moment they are ready as waiting around too much could have some effect on potential sales, some folks are going to hold off on buying it until the patch comes out so it is in ED's best interests to make sure that 3rd parties can update when needed and not just wait for when ED decides to do a big patch.

+1

Strange nothing has been said so far on an approximate time window for the patch release.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

+1

Strange nothing has been said so far on an approximate time window for the patch release.

Not strange really. I'm almost certain ED is valving dates & what LN can say about them.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional