Interview with Leatherneck Studios

Count Sessine

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is an amazing picture and would serve as an amazing promo photo if done in DCS.

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

Next module will, without a doubt, be an F-16.

It's small, nimble, multirole and cheap. perfect for marines. The F-14 is a fleet defender and built for that purpose. It's large, heavy and very expensive.

With the "missing digit" comment there were no comment if the F-4 part was true or not, but Cobra did say somewhere that some will love it, some will not and some will want their heads on a pike!

My bet! -the F-16. (which is also my all-time favorite) :D

Edited by Svend_Dellepude

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

It's small, nimble, multirole and cheap. perfect for marines. The F-14 is a fleet defender and built for that purpose. It's large, heavy and very expensive.

With the "missing digit" comment there were no comment if the F-4 part was true or not, but Cobra did say somewhere that some will love it, some will not and some will want their heads on a pike!

He also said you would've expected the Marines to fly it, although they didn't. No one would've expected the Marines to fly the 16.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

USMC Hornet squadrons routinely deploy on carriers. F-16 is a no-go. Anyway USMC aircraft procurement and pilot training is (or at least used to be) handled by the USN, who also control the budget.

Edited by emg

F-5E Please! :'(

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

The F-16 never featured the AN/AWG-9, nor has any connection to VMFA-531.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

I'm still thinking it's a P-38 Lightning. We know he said to my post a few months ago when we were nearing release that he mentioned that to everyone else it's an L. He also has said that it may or not be a single or multi engine prop and that the USMC didn't use it. So I got my money on the lightning and I really hope it is because it's my favorite ww2 warbird. Just my 2 cents

I'm still thinking it's a P-38 Lightning. We know he said to my post a few months ago when we were nearing release that he mentioned that to everyone else it's an L. He also has said that it may or not be a single or multi engine prop and that the USMC didn't use it. So I got my money on the lightning and I really hope it is because it's my favorite ww2 warbird. Just my 2 cents

He said its a jet.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Why are you guys so sure these "tidbits" are true?

cause a dev team member gave them

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

Why are you guys so sure these "tidbits" are true?

Because it would be the worst customer relations move in history if they were blatant lies. Why would a developer knowingly lie to their customers/fans to get their hopes/excitement up for one thing, then disappoint all of them when they deliver on another. One little generalized hint to throw us off track would be one thing and not such a bad move, but a series of detailed coded hints that were eventually cracked and all point to the same jet definitively is another (things like the radar avatar, etc. where the exact pictures were found).

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

F-14 yes please, love it like a child i never had :)

all the clues point towards it

Leatherneck = Turkey (How has no one said that already is beyond me??)

Cobra's Avatar = Grim Reaper, Jester, Goose

Also the mod version with F15 pit was lovely when it worked, so badly need a proper model the last proper F-14 was Microprose so come on let it be :)

Edited by Dingo_Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

When can we expect an official announcement about Leatherneck's new module?

Soon in 2016!

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

ed said they would release L-39za on Q2 2015,so if lns needs to wait its released,we can sink this thread for long time.

LOL

They could probably announce it prior to that; the real issue is the copyright from Northrop-Grumman.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!