Interview with Leatherneck Studios

Count Sessine

My guess is that the distance is shorter since the RWR antenna is less sensitive and is scanning a broader range of frequencies than the radar dish design to pick this this specific signal.

Thanks and sorry everyone for the OT.

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not read through the whole thread here but by some freak coincidence is Cobra's avatar - a goose - a key on LN's next module - an F-14 perhaps?

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

There were more clues but considering the statement for next plane "some people will love it, some content and some will want our head on a pike" it's hard to say. Someone (might have been Cobra) also mentioned the complexity of the F-14 radar (and two pilot-crew)which are some of the reasons why F-14 not be possible at this point hence why I am pessimistic.....but I may be wrong.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There were more clues but considering the statement for next plane "some people will love it, some content and some will want our head on a pike" it's hard to say. Someone (might have been Cobra) also mentioned the complexity of the F-14 radar (and two pilot-crew)which are some of the reasons why F-14 not be possible at this point hence why I am pessimistic.....but I may be wrong.

I don't checked every single post but as far as I know the complaints about how difficult a two seater may be came from other users. Cobra never lost a word about it. Otherwise many other options like the F-4 would also be dead.

According to all clues I have seen so far it will be a F-14 (my guess).

If ED will get a multiplayer two seater working in the not so far future (and maybe someone make an AH-64) I will need no other games for the next decade. :thumbup:

Edited by FSKRipper

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't checked every single post but as far as I know the complaints about how difficult a two seater may be came from other users. Cobra never lost a word about it. Otherwise many other options like the F-4 would also be dead.

According to all clues I have seen so far it will be a F-14 (my guess).

If ED will get a multiplayer two seater working in the not so far future (and maybe someone make an AH-64) I will need no other games for the next decade. :thumbup:

You are right but I believe i've read something about the radar being too complex. Can'the find the statement, which could mean it's old and doesn't longer apply? Let's say like this, I hope I get proven wrong but as it is now i'll continue observing the situation, not hoping too much :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hmmm EW

The Douglas F3D Skyknight (later designated F-10 Skyknight)

"The Skyknight played an important role in the development of the radar-guided AIM-7 Sparrow missile which led to further guided air-to-air missile developments. It also served as an electronic warfare platform in the Vietnam War as a precursor to the EA-6A Intruder and EA-6B Prowler."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_F3D_Skyknight

g8PjVMw.png

Oh guys read into the website of theres. a F6F and a P-38 lightning. I am sure they will be the next 2 aircraft.

Nope, can't be those because it was written that it was a jet, not a prop plane, and the P-38 is 2 digits off the polish thread's F-4

It seems really hard to got every licence of avionics and system from manufactory,through above thread.

And I found that aerosoft cost 3 years to finish F14x for FSX on their homepage.

If dear LNteam has started to work on super tomcat and without any licence issue,we can play other moule for many years.Just pay patient and prepare enough money to waiting the released date.

Anyway it worth.

:thumbup:

• Like 1

Parts of this thread are quite close to reading tea leaves. Very entertaining. :D

The difficulties for planes like F-14 and F-4 were posted by 3rd party developers, including the VEAO guys IIRC, and if I am not mistaken someone mentioned them and one of the LN guys said something along the lines of "things change".

I'm too tired to search for those now, but those posts existed and presumably still exist in these forums.

They should do mirage III or F-4.

Best rivals to the mig-21 they releaed. :)

I prefer the mirage III.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

The Tomcat would be such a versatile mission performer, including the possibility of missions not yet performed in DCS. Add carrier ops in to the mix. Why would you prefer to fly passengers in an airliner? Your choice of course but can you elaborate:)

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

The Tomcat would be such a versatile mission performer, including the possibility of missions not yet performed in DCS. Add carrier ops in to the mix. Why would you prefer to fly passengers in an airliner? Your choice of course but can you elaborate:)

Well later versions of the Tomcat had the mission mix - but lets just say we get the earlier F-14A (initial version) then there's only the AA stuff to play with - not a whole lot of mission choice there.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the later versions of the Tomcat released but I'm still incredibly doubtful we'll get it from LN - as always, happy to be proven wrong :)

What if it's the F-21 Lion/Kfir? Matches a couple of hints, though I know everyone is pretty much on the F-14 boat (no pun intended) right now.

If you think about it, it is an era and close performance match for the Mig-21 and the NTTR map is coming soon as well.

f-21_01.jpg

Kfir is a mirage modded. So as I said they should do a mirage.

• Like 1

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Let me clarify something: I think the f14 was a formidable weapon system at the moment it was operational.

Now why I don't like it... because it is a "Hollywood" plane and IMHO there are other areas that DCS as a "sandbox" should growth.

I don't play SP. To me the fun is in MP so in my view I would like to have planes that actually are at the same era so you we have to manage the advantage and limitation of each one.

Also I don't know how they are going to solve the 2 seat problem. To me the only way is to have 2 human players... if not it will never be right in my view.

Regarding being a versatile mission performer I disagree but that is personal opinion.. I think the F18 is a more capable plane and has the ability do the same and better.

Ultimately I want adversary of the MIG21... and recreate online the the fights of MIII over the straight of hormuz could be epic.

And after all that you add a dynamic mission generator with a "live" environment or something like a game master and in my view you are in the nirvana of sims :D .

Well later versions of the Tomcat had the mission mix - but lets just say we get the earlier F-14A (initial version) then there's only the AA stuff to play with - not a whole lot of mission choice there.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the later versions of the Tomcat released but I'm still incredibly doubtful we'll get it from LN - as always, happy to be proven wrong :)

I agree I have my doubts about the F-14 being the next LN project. But what I will say is the F-14 was TARPS capable, up until the final days of the F-14 she was requested to perform recon missions with the TARPS pods because of the resolution of the pictures the cat was able to capture which was better quality than other sources available.

The F-14A and F-14B was capable of carrying the LTS pod. Not only could this designate targets for PGMs but the pods were sometimes used to provide real time imagery of the battlefield during both OIF and OEF. My point being that there is a chance here to provide an alternative mission for DCS gamers. It is possible to provide a working TARPS pod in the simulator although I accept it could be complicated. Ok so if we don't get the D we won't have the JDAM capable CATs but I still think this is a versatile aircraft. As for being a Hollywood jet I had a feeling this would come up. Whilst I admit to falling in love with the tomcat when TOP GUN was released when in was 8 years old. This should not distract from the fact that the Tomcat was a serious mission performer and served the US Navy extremely well during her years of service. Yes she is glamorous but she is also capable of performing the non glamorous jobs and what also appeals to me as well is the Tomcat had her flaws as well. Particularly the A variant. I truly believe she would make for a great DCS module. :)

• Like 1

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV