DOGS OF WAR - Server thread

dooom

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

109s are in Frog of War and LooseLips. We have them added in our beta set which we will be releasing soon to bring our miz count up to 12. Its a big update to the rotation and we will probably announce it in the multiplayer forum when we do it. Just waiting on a couple of skins to get finished and included in our skin pack and then I'll push them live.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Something else people can consider which will help get more missions to include the 109, is More Donations !!

Don't be shy friends. Even $5 per person can help reduce DoW's overhead. These folks are putting out all the expenses and their own private time to operate and maintain a solid server with some great missions. Every new mission and every little change to existing ones, takes valuable time and energy that these kind folks could be putting towards something else. Every little donation shows our appreciation and will hopefully offer the incentive and ability for DoW to continue with their valued efforts.

Thanks again DoW for putting all this together and sharing it with all of us. I certainly appreciate all the flying time I have been able to put in over the last several weeks.

• Like 1

SnowTiger:joystick:

You are a great supporter snowtiger! Thanks for the kind words :)

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

Thanks again DoW for putting all this together and sharing it with all of us. I certainly appreciate all the flying time I have been able to put in over the last several weeks.

Thank you, sir. Your words & contributions are greatly appreciated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

First of all, y'all are welcome. I sincerely meant everything I said.

@Merlin-27 >> with regards to the PM I sent you today about my Server Login Issues; It appears it might be specifically related to the fact that I received a DCS World Update Today that Your Server may not already have. Those who have not yet installed that update would still be able to fly on your server.

"IF" there is to be any Furball Tonight, I do hope either the Server is updated with the latest Update/Patch (or whatever it is) ... OR that I can figure out how to Revert to the previous version without screwing everything else up. I spent part of the day setting up new Hotas Controls for Mods I have yet to fly. I'd hate to have to do that all over again.

Anyway, when you are done work for the day AND you've had a chance to put yer feet up for a bit, please take a look to see if the above-mentioned Update is relevant to my situation .... if that's possible to do.

Thanks in Advance.

SnowTiger:joystick:

I learned last night that you have to have your canopy open to call for rearm/refuel on some DoW maps. I tested this with my own map and I could call for rearm/refuel with the canopy closed.

I think the difference is that not all your maps have the radios tuned to the tower (at first I thought something was wrong with my key bindings).

So, the canopy has to be open so I can shout to the ground crew?!:lol:

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

If a radio is not tuned then canopy has to be open... If it is tuned then you should be able to call with it shut . I believe all the miz I have made have the radios tuned but I know there may be a few without that I did not make.

I learned last night that you have to have your canopy open to call for rearm/refuel on some DoW maps. I tested this with my own map and I could call for rearm/refuel with the canopy closed.

I think the difference is that not all your maps have the radios tuned to the tower (at first I thought something was wrong with my key bindings).

So, the canopy has to be open so I can shout to the ground crew?!:lol:

I guess I always have my canopy open until after or during taxi so I never encountered this. Seems stranger to me that you'd be trying to communicate to your ground crew in WWII from a closed canopy. Get some fresh air!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hello all,

I find your mission very very good, I love flying on your server against a question I ask myself is it possible to include skins \ liveries for the P51, 109 Dora and there are so many beautiful skins I find it unfortunate not to enjoy.

Well obviously if possible.

In advance thank you.

Forgive my English.

hello all,

I find your mission very very good, I love flying on your server against a question I ask myself is it possible to include skins \ liveries for the P51, 109 Dora and there are so many beautiful skins I find it unfortunate not to enjoy.

Well obviously if possible.

In advance thank you.

Forgive my English.

Thank you Madmax for the comments.

Some of the mission we are running are pretty old and come from a time when we were less concerned about our choice of liveries. However, d0o0m has been hard at work updating these missions while he continues to design new ones. In his latest creations I know he has given extensive effort to include proper bort numbers and liveries.

In addition, we maintain a DoW Server Official Livery Pack. I just finished making our second update to the pack which you can download from the links below:

DoW Server - Official Livery Pack 1

DoW Server - Official Livery Pack 2

(Please do not modify or use these files as templates. We chose to release these liveries to the public so they could be enjoyed on our server and not for personal projects.)

I would also like to take this time to show off our first Bonds4Bombs (B4B) Winner Livery (Included in our DoW Livery Pack 2). For those that don't know about our B4B Program you can catch up on our thread by clicking on the link below:

DoW Bonds4Bombs Program

Our November winner was Saetta! It was a real pleasure working with Saetta on his Livery of choice. He decided to name her Miss Filo after his wife, and I think you will all agree after looking at his plane below that he has great taste!

Screen_141220_152457_zpscc780416.jpg

Screen_141220_152543_zps13b03288.jpg

file.php?id=69&sid=b819d5fa0f31e7db5eb1691c78bbf885

file.php?id=66&sid=b819d5fa0f31e7db5eb1691c78bbf885

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the street and then getting hit by an airplane."

Dogs of War Dedicated WWII Server Thread

Thank you, Whiplash

I downloaded and installed on the liveries.

For DoW Bonds4Bombs program I find very cool idea I will not fail to make a donation and can be given the chance to be raffling.

A very soon in the virtual skies DCS:)

+ @ Mad

• Like 1

Just had a blast flying the Dora in the mission where there are landing craft going for points Alpha, Bravo and Charlie, I forget what it is called, and got my first online A2A kill! I dogfought with a few Ponies for quite a long time, 15 minutes at least, and finally the one that I had hit with a few 20mm shells went down! Thank you DoW for hosting this awesome server. Kills are sure harder to get in DCS than in CloD!

flare

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS:WWII 1944 BACKER --- Fw. 190D-9 --- Bf. 109K-4 --- P-51D --- Spitfire!

Specs: Intel i7-3770 @3.9 Ghz - NVidia GTX 960 - 8GB RAM - OCz Vertex 240GB SSD - Toshiba 1TB HDD - Corsair CX 600M Power Supply - MSI B75MA-P45 MoBo - Defender Cobra M5

... kills may be harder ... but damn... they are sure sweeter :)

Congratulations on the First A2A kill!!!

Thank you! to all of you who have contributed in any way towards the DoW server this month or any time in the past.

Once again we have reached the required amount to hold the drawing at the end of the month for the Bonds 4 Bombs program and offer up another custom livery for one lucky guest. There is still time to add your name to the list of potential winners! (Please remember to list your forum name or callsign to help us figure out who is who)

Also as an operational update: The second DoW Combat Server has been up and operational for a bit now and is currently in a Beta type mode where we are gauging the performance and reliability. Once I am confident that it is ready we will dedicate it to some type of regular rotation or possibly a campaign style environment.

Again, Thank you guys. The outstanding support we have received has ensured the success of the DoW server and has provided a very positive outlook for the future. Have a wonderful holiday (whichever you celebrate) and Cheers to an exciting year to come!

Edited by Merlin-27

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

WHAT?!?!? very odd. We may have to open and re-save all the missions on the server since there was a new update - maybe it farkled something up.

My apologies however, it is xmas eve so i will not be able to looka t this for a few days.

NOTE** I was able to resave all the missions and restart the server while the wife was wrapping presents. please advise if you still see the anomolies.