Questions about 1.2.11

QuiGon

It still freezes when first Mig21Bis is loaded on the server but maybe not as long. FPS wise... I don't know... 2FPS difference is too little for me to observe.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

What is confusingly called the "APU" in the manual is not an APU, but a starter-generator, so unless you know how to start and fly an airplane without electric current in it, you better turn the switch on :D. Well, there's alway a battery, but it won't last long.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

And, as I noted, the device operated by the switch on left panel (referred to as "APU") is in fact an electric starter. So, yes, no matter where the power comes from, you need the starter to start the engine.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

No need to be sorry at all, but You shouldn't turn it off and this is why - the machine we're discussing here is a starter-generator, similar in operation to any others you will find on most of modern combat and civilian planes, but nothing like starter you can find in your car. In a car, you get a separate DC starter and a separate DC or AC generator. In a plane, you have a single device, which does both functions, so you have to keep it "on" all the time.

At first s-g. is an "active" device, using DC current from battery or ground supply to crank up the "passive" engine (that's the "starter-" part of operation). When the engine catches and spools up, it becomes an "active" part and spins the "passive" s-g. so it can produce DC current to power up aircraft systems ("-generator" part of operation).

If you turn it off, the plane will have to draw power only from the battery and although I didn't test it in DCS, I think some systems will refuse to work at all, while others will turn off pretty soon when your battery runs out.

I think it's very unfortunate, that this device is called "APU" in manual, because it is just not APU at all, and, as You can see, that can cause lots of confusion.

Edited by Art-J

Yeah, pls, I would also like to see such a list.

I'm especially thinking about this quote here:

"Accumulated fuel weight" bug is fixed, I can only hope it will be available in the 1.2.11.

Is that fixed now in the non-beta version of this patch?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

+1 @ QuiGon

Also are LN still working on the server lag/pause issue when someone joins a server in the MiG as this problem seems to be still present, and the MiG has once again been taken off the Virtual Aerobatics server for this reason :(

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

With 1.2.11 update 1 the fuel accumulation bug seems to have been resloved :thumbup:. This module is becoming perfect.

Can we get a complete changelog?

I noticed the following unmentioned fixes and (possible new issues):

- Supersonic accelaration profile adjusted (the flat part just above M1.0 of the velocity - time curve seems to be shorter)

- ASO-2 flare launch direction corrected

- Fuel (weight) no longer accumulates after refueling

- Aircraft now responds to wind (correct cross wind landing handling, etc)

New potential problems:

- Gear doors make a strange sound on closing or opening

- Aircraft can not be held on the runway if parachute is deployed in strong cross wind landings

- If standing still in cross wind conditions, aircraft seems to lean to the side where the wind is blowing to. Does not always happen, after refueling it was suddenly standing up right again.

'Frett'

- If standing still in cross wind conditions, aircraft seems to lean to the side where the wind is blowing to. Does not always happen, after refueling it was suddenly standing up right again.

Yes, I noticed that as well. Even without any wind the aircraft seems to be leaning a little bit to either side.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

Today a new update 1.2.11 34087

Two days ago, actually.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

With 1.2.11 update 1 the fuel accumulation bug seems to have been resloved :thumbup:. This module is becoming perfect.

Can we get a complete changelog?

- Supersonic accelaration profile adjusted (the flat part just above M1.0 of the velocity - time curve seems to be shorter)

New potential problems:

- Gear doors make a strange sound on closing or opening

- Aircraft can not be held on the runway if parachute is deployed in strong cross wind landings

The intensity of navigation lights are low.

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Yes, I noticed that as well. Even without any wind the aircraft seems to be leaning a little bit to either side.

This occurs when the fuel is 40%

It's right, however the fuel problem fix was presented in the official patch note. I would add also more stable lock by the radar. Earlier it lost its locked target on changing pitch angles time by time.

It's right, however the fuel problem fix was presented in the official patch note.

Didn't see that. It was confirmed but they had no idea if the fix would make it to 1.2.11. It was not fixed in the first release of 1.2.11 because I immediately tested. Only after update 1 (which mentioned nothing for the Mig-21) this bug was fixed.

Here is a quick overview again. Hoping for official word soon:

Fixes / new features:

- Supersonic acceleration adjusted

- Fuel accumulation bug resolved

- Flares now launch in the proper direction

- Effect of wind (and turbulence?) was added

- Added FAB-250 M54 TU (high drag) bomb

- Kh-66 flight dynamics corrected

(Newly introduced) bugs:

- Suspension at low weight: aircraft tends to roll to one side. Can also be triggered by heavy cross wind while taxiing or standing still.

- There is no difference between 'normal' and 'high' navigation light intensity

- If the drag chute is used in a (strong) crosswind landing, there is no rudder authority to keep the aircraft on the centerline.

- Sound bug when landing gear is locked in either the down or up position.

--------------------

I'm so glad the fuel bug was fixed. That fix overshadows all new bugs in my opinion. Still I would like to see the new issues resolved of course. Anyhow - great job LN!

Do please update the 1.2.11 changelog.

Edited by TurboHog
  • Like 1

'Frett'

Didn't see that. It was confirmed but they had no idea if the fix would make it to 1.2.11. It was not fixed in the first release of 1.2.11 because I immediately tested. Only after update 1 (which mentioned nothing for the Mig-21) this bug was fixed.

It was fixed anyway. ;)