Last Ditch Attempt For...

Chappie

...The Grumman F-14 A - D. There has been exactly two simulations of the F-14 from Microprose and Third Wire. This is perhaps the most undersimulated aircraft in all of history and I make an impassioned plea for Leatherneck to bring the Tomcat to DCS World.

With the F/A-18C appearing more heir apparent than the F/A-18E, the Tomcat would go well with its' little cousin especially with a properly working USS Carl Vinson that is already in DCS World.

The stars appear to be aligning on this and perhaps American Naval muscle can meet in DCS and rival Russian Naval muscle with the Su-33 and, maybe, the MiG-29K or MiG-35?

DCS, being the sandbox simulation it is, always carries the possibility of some distant future.

There was Spectrum Holobyte's Top Gun: Fire at Will too. I really enjoyed it during my youth. The Cuban expansion was a great addition.

Edited by -Rudel-
sp

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

They would not be doing all of that hinting if they were not going to make an F-14.

If they ended up not doing it, that would utterly destroy all of their credibility in the eyes of the public.

DCS: F-4E really needs to be a thing!!!!!!

Aircraft: A-10C, Ka-50, UH-1H, MiG-21, F-15C, Su-27, MiG-29, A-10A, Su-25, Su-25T, TF-51

The hinting has been very unsubtle when it comes to the F-14 being one of the three next modules. I don't figure Cobra for a masochist so I don't think he'd willingly invite the pitchforks by doing that. I could be wrong though, he could be into that sort of thing. There might be a gimp in his basement. Cobra is there a gimp in your basement?

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

I've played an F-14 sim before, though calling it a sim by today's standards is a bit of a joke. Things I've never seen include the majority of MiG fighters. As far as I know, the MiG-17, 19, 23, 25 and 31 have never been done before. On the western side, I don't know of anyone ever doing anything between the F-86 and the F-14/15/16/18.

All that said, I'd be shocked if the next plane from LN isn't an F-14.

The hinting has been very unsubtle when it comes to the F-14 being one of the three next modules. I don't figure Cobra for a masochist so I don't think he'd willingly invite the pitchforks by doing that. I could be wrong though, he could be into that sort of thing. There might be a gimp in his basement. Cobra is there a gimp in your basement?

And if there isn't, do you want a gimp in your basement, because for a peek at the F-14 Tomcat, I'll try anything once :megalol:

Every time I think about a Leatherneck F-14 sim the initial riff from "Danger Zone" comes straight into my head.

i hope that is in a trailer for it.

Also it means I can assign random names to my RIO - Goose, Maniac, Crazy Legs etc... the possibilities are endless. Sure my RIO might really be Jeff from Tasmania, but in my mind and via all methods of chat and verbal in game communication he will be "Electric Boogaloo" my happy go lucky, potentially of surly disposition from being referenced to breakdancing, RIO. When we aren't flying Tomcats we are riding motorbikes, conquering beach volleyball and making commanding officers spill coffee everywhere.

I understand if Leatherneck can't simulate that portion of the game :P

And if there isn't, do you want a gimp in your basement, because for a peek at the F-14 Tomcat, I'll try anything once :megalol:

Haha too funny:)

I would love to see an F-14, that would be really cool! DCS still lacks jets and the F-14 is a legendary plane of course! Any version would be fine by me!

i hope that is in a trailer for it.

Since someone owns the rights to it, I'd rather no see that cost rolled into the module price.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

There was Spectrum Holobyte's Top Gun: Fire at Will too. I really enjoyed it during my youth. The Cuban expansion was a great addition.

I am referring to hardcore F-14 simulations of which the only true, in my opinion, was Microprose F-14 Fleet Defender.

I dont understand why they dont just announce it. I mean with all the hinting cobra has done has basically announced it , but as long as there's no actual announcement it feels bad to say that they will definately make one. I will buy the mig 21 as soon as they announce F14 to support it

I dont understand why they dont just announce it. I mean with all the hinting cobra has done has basically announced it , but as long as there's no actual announcement it feels bad to say that they will definately make one. I will buy the mig 21 as soon as they announce F14 to support it

I totally agree with you. I feel like the Emperor in his famous quote "...I have waited a long time for this..." speaking gleefully as finally the destruction of the Jedi was nigh. I just want to reach out and touch someone with an AIM-54 and the imminent arrival of a Leatherneck F-14 is just too good a potential news item.

I am referring to hardcore F-14 simulations of which the only true, in my opinion, was Microprose F-14 Fleet Defender.

Have you tried F-14X by aerosoft. Won't be as good as anything LN do and it's not in DCS world but it's a lot of fun if you love the Tomcat.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Have you tried F-14X by aerosoft. Won't be as good as anything LN do and it's not in DCS world but it's a lot of fun if you love the Tomcat.

No but I am not much of a fan of military flight simulation in FSX. I want a radar, weapons, ability to shoot them and combat aircraft in a non-combat sim just isn't fun to me.

No but I am not much of a fan of military flight simulation in FSX. I want a radar, weapons, ability to shoot them and combat aircraft in a non-combat sim just isn't fun to me.

You can operate the weapon function if you own tackpack. You may be aware of this? Again it's not going to simulate dogfighting. But you have a.i scenarios and you can simulate intercepts pretty well and of course launch the Phoenix. The radar is not as complex as anything LN will come up with however you need to operate the right switches to lock up a target. And a lot of time was spent on the flight model if the developers are to be believed. Carrier traps are a blast, especially at night. But I agree it's not DCS.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Yes, Yes there is and he is called Mervin...

Pman