Lebor's CDU Replica

lebor

Great work. Respect!

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

did you photograph or archive the details of your build? I'm interested

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Very nice! I'm pretty handy but not enough to know where to start. I might be wrong but I'd bet there are a number of people who would be willing to part with some cash to get a how do doc or video.

Win 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-7700k@4.2GHz, MSI 1080Ti , 16 GB, 500GB SSD, LG 34UM95, Acer T232HL, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Hey CrackerJack

Take a look at my location beneath my avatar. :music_whistling:

Notice anything unusual? :bye_2:

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

Very nice! I'm pretty handy but not enough to know where to start. I might be wrong but I'd bet there are a number of people who would be willing to part with some cash to get a how do doc or video.

First,collect all of the part,such as pcb,display card,3.5''LCD,usb encoder board,switchs...... you will find the way:)

I forget to take photos of making process...,but I could show a few photos of internal structure to you .

That would be fantastic

Ours is not to reason why, but rather to do and die.

A man walks into a zoo. The only animal in the entire zoo is a dog. It's a shitzu

as far as video signal, judging by the visible VGA cable i would guess its a viewport.

i am however interested to find out what lcd+controller combo was used here. 3.5" LCDs are abundant on ebay, but for some reason the moment anything better then composite out is required, like VGA, the price immediately jumps north of 100$ ...

very reasnoable 5 inch one , with HDMI even, i don't get why such difference

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

Hi Lebor,

Wonderful work! CDU looks amazing. Can you please tell me what 3.5" LCD in particular you used and how are you getting the signal to it? Is it Arduino + DCS-BIOS?

3.5''LCD and board:LCDPAD.jpg

not Arduino + DCS-BIOS,I used DCS Easy Monitor ConfiguratorV2.0 and helios .

as far as video signal, judging by the visible VGA cable i would guess its a viewport.

i am however interested to find out what lcd+controller combo was used here. 3.5" LCDs are abundant on ebay, but for some reason the moment anything better then composite out is required, like VGA, the price immediately jumps north of 100$ ...

very reasnoable 5 inch one , with HDMI even, i don't get why such difference

I used 3.5LCD,and with VGA output's controller board,5''LCD is too large,The HDMI output is not necessary,VGA output is enough.

You will need to look closer at what those 3.5" arduino LCD actually are.

With either SPI or 8bit interface you get very low draw speeds (think several seconds to redraw entire screen) and with available lcd libraries your arduino code can only draw geometrical shapes and text of set font.

Im not sure what "theory" you had in mind, but those screen can not output live image from PC.

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

I agree with agrasyuk, for a 320x240 display I would look into something with more processing power and memory. The framebuffer for a 320x240 display will need at least 9600 bytes, which is too much for the 2048 bytes of RAM in the Arduino. This means you would probably not be able to use most of the display libraries out there.

I don't want to claim that it is impossible to do with an Arduino, but it would require a lot of work and may still end up being too slow in the end.

The SPI or 8-bit parallel interface is not a problem in itself, it is the low processing power of the Arduino that is the problem. It can't drive those interfaces fast enough.