DCS: F-14A/A+/B by Heatblur Simulations coming to DCS World!

Cobra847

Cobra, please, what this really means? :music_whistling:

antonio.

Michael Ironside is the voice actor. :music_whistling:

LN, will F-14A have the R-73 missile to simulate Iranian Tomcats?

How is F-14 maneuvrability?

Against F-15 or Mirage-2000 and Mig-29 and su-27. I mean how it is against others out in the 70's?

It depends quite a lot on your weapon's load. With 4 Buffaloes you'd be hard pressed even against MiG-17 and MiG-21 (i'm talking TF30 powered cats).

But, in AS configuration, you can hold your own against practically anything pre gen5. I've been flying the Aerosoft's F-14A for 2 months now and as long as you know what you are doing, the plane can be quite amazing. If they implement manual wing sweep override, this bird can make some SH turns even above 30000 ft. It ain't easy though. Especially if you come from a FBW bird. It takes quite a bit of flight hours to get it to do what you tell it to do. And if you can't handle it properly, it will try to kill you.

Once you master it, it's a real joy to fly. The arrested landings.....ahh the landing.... if they implement carrier OPS, i'm buying this right away... :pilotfly:

Edited by captain_dalan

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

AI RIO/WSO, F-14 is basically useless with one pilot only, right?

Pretty much so, it's virtually impossible to control both the AWG-9 and fly the plane in the heat of battle at the same time. So unless you have a real RIO, some AI aide is a must.

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

A SP-Campaign is nice, but would it not be better to have a 4 player COOP-Campaign with two F-14 aircrafts?

Don't worry, I will be doing a SP/coop Dynamic Campaign for the Tomcat :)

If I knew the theater that will ship with it, I could already start with developing the scenario ;)

Very impressed! :thumbup:

Currently we hope to complete development and enter BETA testing on the first version of the F-14 by the end of 2015. Subject to significant change.

Very ambitious..? ;)

Best of luck for a successful project! :joystick::pilotfly:

"I would have written a shorter post, but I did not have the time."

I hope LN thinks about this "special upgrade" !! ;)

Surely LN will simulate the Bombcat. I'd be very surprised if they don't do this as it proved to be a very capable ground attack platform when upgraded.

The first operational F-14 ground attack was performed during allied force by F-14a's. Their targets were lased by F-18's.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I already see the people whining about maneuverability:

"In Top Gun you can clearly see the F-14 is as nimble as the F-5!!" :D

Of course, and doing the Cobra-like manouvre. "I´ll just brake and he will fly right past us"

• Like 1

ASUS Z370, i7 8086K @ 5,2 Ghz, ASUS Strix GTX 1080, 16GB Ram, TM HOTAS Warthog, TrackIR 5, Saitek combat rudders, 25" 1440p monitor, Oculus Rift

'JESTER AI' - A Proprietary AI System for fully voiced, dependable and smart RIO/WSO

I think this will be the most challenging feature to implement...

No one in this community has ever been pleased with anything AI related :lol:

'Frett'

now whats the next aircraft? =>.

And also i really hope that the F-14A and F-14B count as 1 instead of 2 out of the 3 aircraft.

Since id rather have the F-14 + another aircraft rather then 2 F-14s =P

Im guessing theres still two more aircrafts in advanced development that is waiting for an official announcement.. Got my hope up for a Corsair, no idea what the 3rd one might be, so excited!