Next aircraft speculation

Farlander

WOW!

Have to say that I'm a little surprised - I would have expected the AJ-37 since repelling the Soviet threat seemed to be the Viggen's forte. That said, having more capability in A-A is very welcome.

I wonder what scenario they are cooking up from a map perspective??

I am also surprised by the chosen theater for the F4U-1. I guess all of the VMF-214 stuff was a red herring (sort-of), since VMF-214 didn't fight at Iwo Jima. That said, the Corsair was known as "the angels of Iwo Jima" by the USMC - seems quite fitting. Plus it means carrier ops (!!) and it will be much more ground attack oriented than the Solomons.

At least we know! I can sit back and wait much more easily. Maybe a solitary screenshot will float in here at some point. ;)

-Nick

PS - Why is the Tomcat listed already? Especially since other WIP modules such as the Bo-105 aren't present or the Me 262.

PS - Why is the Tomcat listed already? Especially since other WIP modules such as the Bo-105 aren't present or the Me 262.

It was listed because it is in development. No real mystery there.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Iwo Jima is very little island in the middle of nowhere (Pacific sea).

Wondering which other lands will be featured (maybe Okinawa?). Hawaii (Pearl Harbor) seem too far away.

Bye

Phant

Sea. Lot's of sea. :music_whistling:

So, if I understood Leatherneck correctly, when you buy their modules, it comes with a map in the package? No need to buy it separately right?

Sea. Lot's of sea. :music_whistling:

So, if I understood Leatherneck correctly, when you buy their modules, it comes with a map in the package? No need to buy it separately right?

That's my understanding. They even said that each module's campaign would take place in its respective map.

That's my understanding. They even said that each module's campaign would take place in its respective map.

That's great!

Other devs will have to step-up if they want to be competitive with LN!

I will 110% choose to buy modules that include a map with period units over those who don't.

PS: What does AJS-37 Viggen cockpit look like?

Edited by Slipp

Maybe i'm wrong but i don't think so.

Last official statement said:

Terrain & Theatre Development

Currently we have three separate theaters in development, one of which we have previously announced and will be released together with the F-14. The other two are slated for release either with, or directly after the release of our other two aircraft

Bye

Phant

AMVI

A quick google got me this.

That's AJ-37.

Wonder how AJS looks...

Maybe i'm wrong but i don't think so.

Last official statement said:

Bye

Phant

Hmm, I think you're wrong.

They said that campaigns for the planes will be set on the maps that come with them and that maps will also be sold separately so that players without the modules will be able to have them.

But that was some time ago...

Edited by Slipp

That is the AJ pit. I think that the AJS had a colour MFD with moving map. Unless that is some late JA cockpit (JA-37D?).

I'm fairly sure only the later upgrades to the JA-37 (in 1997) got the color mfd (the same on that was in the A/B version if the Gripen.

Edit: This is probably what you are thinking of, and it is indeed the JA-37, NOT the AJS. :-)

JA37D-cockpit.jpg

Edited by RaXha

IF these are really their upcoming aircraft, i am quite happy in fact.

The Viggen would be a nice change of "style" and the Corsair is a must have WWII aircraft. I would buy both of them and hope they would release an opponent for the F4U in the future.

AJS-37 Viggen :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

If BK-90 is included its not just a cluster bomb, its a stand-off cluster bomb.

The BK90 is also commonly known as DWS 39 Mjölner because it was intended for use with the Saab JAS 39 Gripen.[1] In the future it could be also integrated on the Eurofighter Typhoon.[2] Its design is very similar to that of the American AGM-154 Joint Standoff Weapon.
- Wikipedia

It would be the leastl likely weapon to be featured in the module imo, however.

AJS-37 Viggen :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

If BK-90 is included its not just a cluster bomb, its a stand-off cluster bomb.

- Wikipedia

It would be the leastl likely weapon to be featured in the module imo, however.

Yes, because as far as i know they never actually used it in any capacity in the swedis air force. :-/

cobra doesn't need to prepare announcement for next two projects right now. LOL

Well he made his announcement already:

Whoops!

:D

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use