Aircraft unwish list ?

ANGST

I don't want to see...

ANY plane left off the to do list!

As Flagrum says, if you don't want it, then don't buy it. If it flies, has no heartbeat, and can be done in a way that replicates the original as far as is possible - given the restricted nature of some aspects of the prototype - then let's have it.

But let's prioritise stuff so I get exactly what I want first, then the rest of you can have what you'd like too.

Don't you think that's generous of me?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is gotta be one of the most "what the hell?!" inducing threads on this forum, which is quite an achievement to say the least.

I personally don't want to see 5th gen fighters because they would basically be science fiction. But hey... I'm not launching a forum crusade against them either... :)

Are there not other stuff I am not likely to buy, or even include at all in missions I make, yup, you bet! But hey, if there are folks that want them, by all means hope they'll get them sometime too...

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

I think the idea is not being against a plane per se, but to tell the people who are interested in working on planes that some of us dislike the idea that developers time and money is spent on planes that a wide range of people won't buy, or at least won't prefer to have.

So if a developer has, for example, information access, time and money to build one or two of the following planes during the next two years:

- F-89

- F-84

- F-102

- TA-152

- X-14

this thread could probably tell them that doing the F-102 might be the best idea if they actually want to sell their stuff.

None of the planes would hurt anyone of course. But it is information for developers that if they produce a Bell X-14 it might not be the most popular plane and thus perhaps not sell well. (I'd even guess most people here will have to google it)

EDIT: Ok, I exaggerated a bit. The OP said more than 250 produced so the X-14 is off the list anyway, and so is the TA-152

Edited by Aginor

I see what is the idea, and still don't agree it. IF developer decides to go ahead with it, they just should. And if it's even remotely interesting to me, I will get it at one point or another, even if I won't there will be people who will.

Whether it is profitable for dev or not, is for them to decide / risk, and not us.

If I would have a team producing aircraft modules for DCS, I wouldn't include community feedback with much weight as a decision factor on what modules we would work on. (Which, as someone who is a software developer and multidecade aviation nut, who has friends that are professionals and/or pretty heavily vested in maths, physics and CFD, is something in my long term plans which may or may not come to fuition sometime :) )

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

F-35...This aircraft don't even deserve to exist !

CPU : I7 6700k, MB : MSI Z170A GAMING M3, GC : EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 GAMING iCX, RAM : DDR4 HyperX Fury 4 x 8 Go 2666 MHz CAS 15, STORAGE : Windows 10 on SSD, games on HDDs.

Hardware used for DCS : Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift.

Own : A-10C, Black Shark (BS1 to BS2), P-51D, FC3, UH-1H, Combined Arms, Mi-8MTV2, AV-8B, M-2000C, F/A-18C, Hawk T.1A

Want : F-14 Tomcat, Yak-52, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E, MiG-21Bis, F-86F, MAC, F-16C, F-15E.

The theoretical Flapjack from the Revell/Monogram model series. Oh, wait I actually do want to see this. What is the point of this thread? Oh wait, why did I enter anything?

Here is my list:

A-10C

BF-109

FW-190

Mig-21

Mig-15

etc....

Now seriousness: I would never buy a Cessna 170 series. The military does use them and I would never buy one in DCS.

Do not want:

DCS: Balloon

Relive 200 years of military ballooning, beginning in the late 1700's Blunderbuss Vs Blunderbuss, all the way up to the current US military observation balloons in Afghanistan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_military_ballooning

Should have saved this for April 1st really and done some artwork.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I was initially posting a reply to the Cessna 170 comment, I think I might buy a Cessna 170 for Vietnam ops or as part of a specific mission, if only to get DCS level civ planes going for when DCS2 arrives.

DCS: Balloon still remains lowest on my list thus far though.

Edited by Pikey
Defending the poor Cessna!

I was initially posting a reply to the Cessna 170 comment, I think I might buy a Cessna 170 for Vietnam ops or as part of a specific mission, if only to get DCS level civ planes going for when DCS2 arrives.

DCS: Balloon still remains lowest on my list thus far though.

I get it. I state that now but I probably would as I have bought every other module and only fly my favs. Addicted the Mig-21 like crack right now. Now that I can land and learned how to release the chute, WOW!

I agree with you on balloons. Not because they are boring but the sheer adrenaline rush and heart palpitations would be too much for me to handle. I would have to fly the DCS F/A-18C just to get bored again.

I still don't get it. If there is any aircraft that I don't want to see in ... MY ... DCS, then I will just not buy it? "Problem" solved?

Why let logic ruin a perfectly good excuse to post on a message board? :)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Why let logic ruin a perfectly good excuse to post on a message board? :)

Exactly! We have to keep this going to give SithSpawn something to do today. Without his assistance I get drawn into my reposting addiction and SithSpawn is the only one that can stop this madness. I have a sickness.

I get it. I state that now but I probably would as I have bought every other module and only fly my favs. Addicted the Mig-21 like crack right now. Now that I can land and learned how to release the chute, WOW!

I agree with you on balloons. Not because they are boring but the sheer adrenaline rush and heart palpitations would be too much for me to handle. I would have to fly the DCS F/A-18C just to get bored again.

Maybe it's false security but If I was asked to come down in an A-10C or go up in a 1700's balloon, I'm honestly saying the A-10C, that video of the guys on fire in a balloon recently scared me properly. Balloons are like clowns. Supposed to be happy, but secretly inside they are your worst nightmare. Stephen King said so.

Dumbest post ever, why would u ask anything like this, imo EVERY plane that can make it to DCS with the highest level of detail and systems should MAKE it to DCS............................

- 1 op smh

That, as you state, is *your opinion*. *Your* opinion is not the same as everyone else's, nor does it have more validity than anyone else's.

What fascinates me is that questions such as this are asked in meetings at real (ergo, not "hobby") developers all the time- "what airplane is going to make me the most money?", yet asking them out loud draws ire.

I have to ask- have any of you griping about the question ever done market research for anything, or based your business around such research?

If a developer gathers data that shows a particular type isn't going to bring in a solid amount of return for the investment, they're not going to make it. Period. Their dollars are better spent creating things that will sell, because their resources to invest in products (ie, payroll, associates, and time) are finite.

Which means that- taken in the context of reality, it's your opinion that's rather dumb.

UAV's

NEVER PLEASE :)

They are already in it.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

They are already in it.

Yes but they don’t transmit realistic video surveillance and targeting data for the ground force commander which is undesirable, because it would be more challenging experience of plotting targets for some. Taking chances and ejecting is easier.

Interesting topic.

I would have to agree that all the new-ish aircraft, especially stealth fighters, do not need to be in this game. I would love to fly one but the technology in these aircraft will likely remain classified and lower the quality of the product. Even if it didn't, that means the developers of that aircraft had access to it and then they could do anything with that info.

I think the F/A-18 E/F variants should be as far as we go along with the Russian, Chinese, etc. equivalents.

That said, only other aircraft I wouldn't want is airliners and civilian helicopters. Heard it mentioned before so I feel the need to say this is Digital COMBAT Simulator, not digital FSX enhancement simulator. :music_whistling:

EDIT: just thought of something else I never want to see again... non-clickable cockpits. freaking F-15 and Su-27

Edited by PallyWoods