Fence in / out

FatSlapper

I fly mostly single player.

This is a really old issue! Why is Fence In and Fence Out still in the manual???

Why was it removed from the comms. menu???

How do you get your wingman to turn off his lights???<----answer ONLY if YOU know what you are talking about!!

It use to be when you turned off your lights your wingman would turn his off or iirc Fence in would make the flight turn off their lights

I know your pain. I have become used to having my "wingy" go into the hot zone looking like a merry go round with all lights flashing just asking the AI to "Shoot me first". Not sure if it is a big enough issue to address with some of the bugs that are yet to be resolved in many of the modules. As an exclusively single player myself, I think we are not going to get our issues addressed as quickly as the multiplayer folks. Just the way it is it seems.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

I know, Chief. This is low hanging fruit and its been like this for years. From the looks of all the updates it appears that the A-10c is complete and needs no further improvements. I will never understand the chaotic way this company is run.

Do the AI use the lights for visual spotting?

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

Thanks Sith,

I'll see if I can look into this shortly....

Will accept that it is not a "biggy", but it seems to be the small issues that tend to detract from all the greatness of these ED offerings.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Do the AI use the lights for visual spotting?

I Adam quite certain they do. I did some testing with MANPADs and AAA at night - they would shoot me much more often when I had my nav lights and strobes on.

as for wingmen, they do copy what you do, but quite often they will forget about formation lights. That, however, is not a big problem, as formation lights should only be visible when you are close to other plane and won't be seen from the ground.

Having said all that, I would like to have the fence in/ out command!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Thanks Sith...

It use to work, ai mimicked your lights!

Fence in/out use to be in the comms menu.

It is still in the manual...under fence in it says: Flight will turn off navigation and collision lights and enable ECM.

Yes, compared to the many other problems within this sim it is no big deal.

I thought it was determined that enemy ai could detect and target you and ai further out if the lights are on. but I can't quote an official source.

But, for such a high fidelity military simulator of this age it is incomprehensible how these little problems that use to work no longer work. No explanation at all.

An official word of "yea its broke and there are no work-arounds at present" would be acceptable. !OR! HOW DO YOU MAKE THE AI TURN OFF HIS LIGHTS!

Edited by FatSlapper
to Thank Sith

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team
It doesn't help him that when we ask in what particular instance he is seeing this issue he ignores us and expects us to read his mind.

Please specify what aircraft and what mission this is happening on in order to help us help you.

Its in the A-10 section so I assume its the A-10.... I just have had time to dig into too much with all that's going on right now, but I will look at it.... but its not a blocking issue, we just need to practice a little patience...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• 11 months later...