Poll: which guide would you be interested in next?

Poll: which guide would you be interested in next?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: which guide would you be interested in next?

Your call Charley.

If you try to keep the A-10C "small", you might as well forget about the CDU. That one device could take 100 pages all by itself.:book: The thing I appreciate about your work, is I can excise out just those parts that I need when I can't remember ALL the "whistles and bells" in some of the modules. :music_whistling:Really appreciate your contributions and look forward to whatever you choose to offer in the future. As one who can barely operate a keyboard, I would be the last to be critical of someone of your abilities.:thumbup:

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Me, too, concerning the Mi-8! I bought it for $14 on a sale but as yet have not taken the time to learn it. Somebody did create an English labeled cockpit since my purchase which will speed along the learning process.

My first DCS purchase was the A-10C. I created a CH Products profile and played with it some, but the lack of a hard copy manual to really get into it is why I quit flying it. I like books. Anyway, there is a need for a more condensed .pdf manual for the Warthog.

Took me about a year to learn to cold start and fly the Shark. Another year to get the weapons down and use the machine in combat. I have the Shark down cold; it is my number one DCS aircraft.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Hip" might be not a bad idea, but since BST started catching up with upgrading its systems (based on the "news" thread), much of current information might get outdated soon. Writing a guide for it now would seem a bit counterproductive.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Your guides are superb. I feel they present the information very clearly and in a concise manner. Your guides are sort of in-between a quick-start and a full flight manual for a module in my experience.

Definitely the Mi-8 : the other two are first modules of DCS so lot's of guides about them

My sentiments exactly. +1 Please do the Mi-8 next.

GREAT work!

The Community has spoken.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2408427#post2408427

Mi-8 is next on the list. Time to crack open a cold one.

Just saw this guide for the first time. It is incredible! I have managed to talk several people into purchasing DCS products and they all hit me with the same thing: WAY too complicated. Hoping this will break it down for them. Very well done. Please keep them coming.

-Rassy

The State Military (MAG 13)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

http://www.statelyfe.com

Specs: Gigabyte Z390 Pro Wifi; i9-9900K; EVGA 2080 Ti Black; 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4; Samsung 970 EVO Series M.2 SSD; WIN10; ASUS VG248QE; CV-1 and Index

Modules: A-10C; AV8B; CA; FC3; F-5; F-14; F-18; F-86; HAWK; L-39; P-51; UH1H; NTTR; Normandy; Persian Gulf

As a "new guy"..

For an aircraft guide, I'd vote for the A-10C.

For non-aircraft subjects, how about one on getting this tangled mess of controller hardware & software on, around, and under my desk-pit to play nice with each other in DCS world? joystick.gifmegalol.gif

I have been reading through the DCS Manuals, but there's a lot that is left unexplained. Hopefully there is a 'N00bs guide to controller config" here in the Forum gold mine somewhere.

"We call them MISSiles for a reason. If they always worked, we'd call them HITtiles." - Unknown Combat Aviator

"I was just pondering the immortal words of Socrates who said: ' I drank WHAT??!! '...- Val Kilmer as "Chris Knight" in REAL GENIUS

Chuck,

I love all of your guides, and I'm glad to see the Mi-8 is next.

Even though it's out of your swim lane, I would be very interested in a CA guide, both in terms of using vehicles as well as commanding assets in the F10 view.

I am not excluding this possibility.

However I will have to put guide writing on hold for a couple of months. That means the Ka-50 is gonna gather dust as well.

Real life duties come first.

Just a sidenote for you and for the guys who read Chucks Tutorials.

Those Tutorials are now available on the Wiki as well. They can be found now on each Module page. For those who dont know what a Module page is...it is the very first page one will see once a Module image has been clicked on the DCS World rootpage.

The A-10C and the P-51 Tutorials are already linked, the other ones (that are already available) are about to follow very soon.

Ahh...I nearly forgot...I voted KA-50 and Mi-8 ;)

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Mi-8 Guide is up!

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=144126

Like I said a couple of posts above, I am going to take a (very) long break from guide writing. Sorry for the Ka-50 fans out there... this one will have to wait.

With the A-10C, MiG-21, Huey, Mi-8, F-86, MiG-15, P-51, FW190 and Bf.109 guides completed, I hope you guys will find them helpful and put them to good use.

Edited by Charly_Owl

Where is a link to Charlie Owls other pdf's? I have the A10C, but want the other ones. Thanks!

Why dont you just read post #42 here on this page?

Edit:

All available Tutorials have neen added to the respective module overview pages...look for the "All in one Tutorials" Sektions.

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective