2015 DCS Summer Sale - Steam Summer Sale 6/11/15

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know if dcs will also have sale on steam summer sale?

As someone who started with the Steam version and switched to the standalone version, there's no benefit to using the steam version.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

As someone who started with the Steam version and switched to the standalone version, there's no benefit to using the steam version.

Oh yes there is much benefit for me, steam version in my region is already like 40% off compared to ed store or us steam store, and that is without official steam sale all thanks to regional pricing

So, will dcs titles included in steam summer sales?

I want to buy my first WW2 aircraft (i'm still waiting for the spitfire:cry:) and I have no idea about the bird I should buy. I dont care about takeoff and landing. I read Dora is the faster and kurfurst the one who turn tighter (maybe i'm wrong!:noexpression:). Maybe you can help me figure out what I should buy!Best dogfighter, best at everyting, just need advice.:pilotfly:

Thanks

Personally, I''d buy the Mustang as my first WWII aircraft as it is probably the easiest to fly (including takeoff & landings - just saying).

I'd also say that learning to get these WWII birds airborne and back down safely in one piece is half the challenge. Just my $0.02 worth though.

Oh man...My other modules are all languishing for Im not spending enough time with them and now there is another sale. I guess I need another WWII plane, the Mustang has become too predictable on take offs and landings ;)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

A question for those in the knowhow:

How long have the previous summer sales lasted? Have they all been this long? I tried to do a forum search for previous summer sales but didn't dig up anything.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Just a heads up to people, these sales are sometimes followed by a Steam sale. The Steam summer sale is around the corner so it's possible this time.

Now the ED sale is usually very competitively priced and I am not saying you are going to a) find the module you want on Steam, b) find it on sale or c) it be cheaper than at Eagle even if it is on sale.

However Steam's transactions are usually in your local currency, whereas every purchase I have made from Eagle is in USD (even when changing it to GBP at the checkout). I live in the UK, so my credit card company likes to bend me over and show me the error of my ways of buying something in USD.

The flip side is that buying here more money could theoretically go to ED and/or the module devs.

I am mentioning this because those on a tight budget might get a nasty shock in a few weeks.

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How long have the previous summer sales lasted? Have they all been this long? I tried to do a forum search for previous summer sales but didn't dig up anything.

They aren't always this long, some are 24-48 hours, but there have been others of this length in the past.

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh yes there is much benefit for me, steam version in my region is already like 40% off compared to ed store or us steam store, and that is without official steam sale all thanks to regional pricing

So, will dcs titles included in steam summer sales?

You can use Steam modules with the standalone version, you can't do it the other way around. Again there's no benefit.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

From 5 to 18 June 2014

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

I live in the UK, so my credit card company likes to bend me over and show me the error of my ways of buying something in USD.

The flip side is that buying here more money could theoretically go to ED and/or the module devs.

I am mentioning this because those on a tight budget might get a nasty shock in a few weeks.

That's bad practice by the CC company. :/ If you get a Visa or Mastercard CC issued by your bank, I think they have to follow the Visa/MC official exchange rates in all cases. Have you checked?

That's how it works with my CC, anyway. They don't charge me extra for e-shopping in USD either. Is that common practice with UK CC companies and banks?

If I recall correctly, ED shop prices (after Visa currency conversion) are cheaper than the Steam eurozone prices.

As long as you don't have a cutthroat CC company, I guess.

Edited by emg

Yeah, I was hoping we would have news on DCS 2, but it looks like here won't be any news if the sale is this months news. I have them all apart from the Mig 15.

Why's that?

Look at their track record. After every sale they come out with an update shortly after.

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!

Personally, I''d buy the Mustang as my first WWII aircraft as it is probably the easiest to fly (including takeoff & landings - just saying).

I'd also say that learning to get these WWII birds airborne and back down safely in one piece is half the challenge. Just my $0.02 worth though.

Dora or Mustang but you will probably end up buying them all in time anyways.

Thanks for the reply guys but finally I purshased the Kurfurst and successfully takeoff on my 3th attempt and landing on second one! Now i'll try to manage engine and gun/canon, waiting for a 5 blades propeller Spitfire:pilotfly:

Cya :thumbup:

Prend ton temps mais fait ca vite :cold:... LG34''21:9 Asus 23''monitors Intel i7-4590 EVGA 1070 Superclocked Gskills 4x4G RAM Fatal1ty AsRock Z97 killer motherboard in a HAF black box with 4 CH products plug in and logitech G510, F310, M510 and M570 plus trackIR 5!

I live in the UK, so my credit card company likes to bend me over and show me the error of my ways of buying something in USD.

Thank you! I needed that chuckle... :lol:

about prices, gentlemen, please, most of us spend more than this before lunch... just sayin' :doh:

Acer AMD Phenom II x 4 840T, 16 gb. memory, Zotac GTX580 Amp2 3GB, 40" Philips tv, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudders , Cougar MFCD's w/ 21.5" LG monitor, DSD Track Master button box, 3rd. century Roman field comanders helmet w/ Track IR 5, Windows 7 Home P.

“God is a comedian, playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh.”... Voltaire

"Diplomacy is the practiced art of being able to confidently say 'nice doggie' until you find a rock" ... Tom Clancy

DCS World Summer Sale!

DCS: P-51D Mustang: $29.99 to $11.99 (60% off)

I want to buy the P-51D but I have a doubt

I can activate P-51D in steam ???

Use Steam as a source to purchase the modules, but use the ED install to play them. It's easier all-round once you are setup.

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Went a little nuts on this one. Got the Sabre, Mig21 bis, BF109, FW190 (wow, after about 15 failed taxi/takeoff attempts I've developed a serious respect for those who flew such planes with shopping trolley wheels on the tail). Also got my first rotary in the form of Blackshark 2. Was also considering the Avio, but I have the hawk. What did you guys blow your hard earned cash on? What else would you recommend?

On a side note, new modules=hours of figuring out which systems are most important for hotas programming.

Just wanted to add, great job on the regular sales ED, the planes I really love I will splash out on at full price, but in the sales I take a chance on the ones I don't know too much about. As Picksplitter said most of us wouldn't think twice about spending the same on lunch, great prices

Edited by Laobi

My Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqH078Ef0HENo01LF3xwIvA

Twitter: @CrashLaobi

All of my opinions are my own and are just opinions, as a result they as useless as the opinions of others!

My Specs: PC, Chair, Desk, Screen

Went a little nuts on this one. Got the Sabre, Mig21 bis, BF109, FW190 (wow, after about 15 failed taxi/takeoff attempts I've developed a serious respect for those who flew such planes with shopping trolley wheels on the tail). Also got my first rotary in the form of Blackshark 2. Was also considering the Avio, but I have the hawk. What did you guys blow your hard earned cash on? What else would you recommend?

On a side note, new modules=hours of figuring out which systems are most important for hotas programming.

Just wanted to add, great job on the regular sales ED, the planes I really love I will splash out on at full price, but in the sales I take a chance on the ones I don't know too much about. As Picksplitter said most of us wouldn't think twice about spending the same on lunch, great prices

The Huey is a masterpiece. This module taught me how to appreciate flying choppers.

I prefer the Mi-8 over the UH-1 for that kind of flying, but the Huey does offer a level of simplicity not seen in the other two choppers. The miniguns are also rather amusing. In any case, the modules I recommend getting are BS2, A-10C, MiG-21 and FC3. The WW2 and Korea stuff isn't properly developed yet. That said, both the F-86 and MiG-15 are a joy to fly in free flight, very different from modern supersonic jet fighters and also not done to death like ETO WW2 fighters.