DCS: F-5E!

Python

It would be phenomenal! I think that generally this has been done by ED. For example, the counter to the F-15C is clearly Su-27. When they release the F/A-18C, I wonder what Russian aircraft would be consider it's counter? Be interesting to see.

Mi-24 is coming, maybe we'll get lucky and they'll work on an Apache A version? Who knows...let's hope. :thumbup:

Mig-29 I hope.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too would prefer a model that supports early AGM-65's. I had been under the impression that maverick capability was a standard feature from day 1 on the F-5E. It appears that isn't the case but it was very common regardless. Given that BST has officially announced it though, it's probably in the final stages of development. So it is likely too late for any significant changes like that.

I'd second that. I'd appreciate the later upgrades that add Sparrow usage, but having the AGM-65 is almost a must, IMO.

BST is knocking it out the park IMHO. The F-5E is a day one buy for me and after the awesome job this crew did on the Sabre, I think its safe to say this bird is gonna be an wonderful addition to the DCS hanger.

Totally. If they can attain the quality of MiG-15bis, they have a winner.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Hi guys. On the belsimtek webpage when describing the onboard cannon they state 30mm unless i got it wrong. According to wiki this relates to Thai f5e s. Is it possible clue that we need to look at when we discuss the possible variant or just wrong instead should be 20mm.

F14 by choice, F18 by mandate.

Peace the old fashioned way.

Thanks Cofcorpse. Really looking forward to this aircraft. When looking at the Thai F5e it also spoke of a 30mm gunpod on the centre pylon....something similar to avenger of the a10 apparently. Perhaps it could be an available weapon to select in the sim.

F14 by choice, F18 by mandate.

Peace the old fashioned way.

Thanks Cofcorpse. Really looking forward to this aircraft. When looking at the Thai F5e it also spoke of a 30mm gunpod on the centre pylon....something similar to avenger of the a10 apparently. Perhaps it could be an available weapon to select in the sim.

The GPU-5/A?

I doubt it, since it can't be fitted to the F-5E without modifications.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I know about A-A loadouts, I'm interested in A-G.

Since it's loadout changed in the move from 1.2.16 to 1.5 beta I imagine the weapons it can carry in DCS now will be the weapons in the BST module; unguided bombs, rockets & the GBU-12.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, since it doesn't have a targeting pod or an internal laser designator. Also, a GBU-12 is GBU-12. It will go after any appropriate laser energy. It doesn't matter if it's dropped by an A-10C, F-18C or shoved out the side of a completely ordinary Cessna 172 (assuming you turn on the electronics and arm it of course).

It think there are a few F-5 upgrades with BVR missiles but these are much like the MiG-21Bison and Lancer, much later upgrades to production versions.

Seeing how tiny a nose it has, you can't really fit a big radar antenna there, so it probably won't be able to make use of full range of any BVR missiles even with more modern radar upgrades.

If it had BVR, it wouldn't really be MiG-21Bis' counterpart anyway :).

Although I personally was refraining from getting anymore Belsimtek modules and passed MiG-15, this jet is something I just can't say no to.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

The latest variant of f-5 is F-5G or F-20...

But they never sold it to other country and only have few prototype.

It have capability to equip aim-7, but it seems only on paper, so the bvr on f-5 is also on paper too.

And the f-5e with singapore upgraded could launch 120.

It changed radar and removed one barrel, however it isn't the typical type of f-5e as well known. : /

At last, f-5e could fit with GAU-5, 4 barrel 30mm gatlin with over 300 rounds. LOL

The latest variant of f-5 is F-5G or F-20...

But they never sold it to other country and only have few prototype.

It have capability to equip aim-7, but it seems only on paper, so the bvr on f-5 is also on paper too.

And the f-5e with singapore upgraded could launch 120.

It changed radar and removed one barrel, however it isn't the typical type of f-5e as well known. : /

At last, f-5e could fit with GAU-5, 4 barrel 30mm gatlin with over 300 rounds. LOL

F-20 is to F-5, as F-18C is to F-18E, they are not the same aircraft, it's a huge overhaul, comparing the F-20 to the F-5 is a waste of effort as they're nothing alike. The Singapore F-5s are F-5S, not F-5E. The F-5E will not be BVR capable, not even on paper.