DCS: F-5E!

Python

Maybe posted before, but a picture of Yadollah Javadpour, Iranian Ace from the Iran/Iraq war, who has a confirmed MiG-25 kill in a Tiger II

Javadpour's notoriety came while flying the Northrop F-5. He claimed 5 air victories, which makes him an ace, but only two have been reliably confirmed by western sources. His greatest fame came on August 6, 1983 when he claimed (later to be reliably confirmed) to have shot down an Iraqi MiG-25.[N 1] This was a significant achievement for an F-5 pilot as the MiG-25 is a much bigger and faster aircraft with a substantial altitude advantage. His other confirmed kill was an Su-20 on October 17, 1980.

These results make Javadpour one of the most successful F-5 fighter pilots ever

Yadollah_Javadpour.jpg

Cheers.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a real Flying mans Moustache though ^^

Was having a Moustache mandatory for pilots during the 70s/80s?

Requirement for all "cool" looking personnel! ;)

EDIT: have a look at the civilian clothes at that time. The mustache fades in their glory... :megalol:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I've been saying for a while now that an F-5 would be a great candidate for DCS, seems we are getting one. Something else to look forward to. :thumbup:

Absolutely not, please, until the Bug is out. There are currently no decemt hardcore fast movers in the stable.

• Like 1

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Absolutely not, please, until the Bug is out. There are currently no decemt hardcore fast movers in the stable.

Well we do ave a few Fast Movers on the way now.

the F-18C is very far along and only thing holding it up is the Air-Ground radar is not ready yet.

Then we have the M-2000 that is in beta.

We have a AJS-37 Viggen with is a Mach-2 capable Strike/attack aircraft that will be out this year we have the F-14 (A+B variants)

that "should" be out this year.

And less fast but still faster then the A-10 and Su-25 we have a Harrier II being worked on.

So we currently have a decent number of Faster aircraft on the way and the F-5E will be a very nice addition that alot of ppl will be getting.

And what "bug" are you talking about and what does it have to do with Belsimtek =P.

I knew about the Super Hornet being the Super bug..

Neg my brother the super hornet is known as the Rhino.

And the f5e hinders the f18c because ed's resources are finite. Read about merchantalism?

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

And the f5e hinders the f18c because ed's resources are finite. Read about merchantalism?

ED isn't making the F-5 though, BST is. While yes, a lot of BST is made up of old ED employees, they're not the same company.

First.

Rhino and Super Bug are both nicknames for the F-18E super hornet.

Second whats holding the F-18C back is the work on the Air-Ground Radar.

And Belsimtek doing the F-5E should have absolutely 0 inpact on the progress speed of ED making the F-18C.

Since ED is not making the F-5E and also the guys that might support the 3rd party devs on some things are not the same ppl that are working on making a Air-Ground Radar work.

So Again the F-5E being made has no impact on the F-18C.

Im very much Excited for the F-5E since its probably my favorite US made aircraft.

Im just slightly sad we are not getting one with the AGM-65 Capable Display.

Edited by mattebubben

Not as simple as that... A modeler cannot do the job of a coder or vice versa..

On top of that.. you know that we are in the BST forum? BST is not ED, and from my knowledge they have nothing to do with the f-18.

59 F-14's vs 1 F-5E, I think I'll pass on that. I'm more interested in F-5E + AH-1 + UH-1 vs MiG-21Bis + Mi-24 + SA-342 + Bo-105 + Mi-8. :)

You gotta get some of them mad MLG skillz.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

No one in the U.S. Navy calls it the "super bug"..

Just saying...

I did... among other more colorful words as well.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"