FAQ: VEAO Typhoon for DCS World

The besteht solution in my point of view, would be an integrated english recognition, optimized for the specific commands.

That way you get English commands for everyone and limit misinterpretation through use of a generic speech recognition system.

I doubt this can be done in time and with the available resources, though.

So a generic keyboard command set, to implement anything from VAC, MS Speech to simple key strokes is definitely the most feasible solution...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys. I think the best option would be to have keyboard assignments that you can bind to whatever solution works best for you.

i also back this solution, beside of the keystrokes, it would be also nice if you guys could document in the documentation how the different commands are named or spelled in real.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

If you have Windows 7 Ultimate or Enterprise, maybe.

I would love to see them license a voice recognition solution and not rely on/require Windows Speech.

My "German" voice recognition is pretty much useless with voice attack and there is no other legal way to fix this, than to buy a new Windows... And no, I don't want Windows 10 "for free"...

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 3 weeks later...
" Rafael Litening 3 laser designator pod (LDP)."

they're not 100% sure yet if they're integrating A2G yet though, according to the FAQ

I've been googleing around, but can't find anything..

Is a Laser Designator Pod something else than a targetpod, or is it just a different name for the same thing?

I've been googleing around, but can't find anything..

Is a Laser Designator Pod something else than a targetpod, or is it just a different name for the same thing?

And not just what PMAN said, it's the very same one as we see mounted on the A10C simulation.

ellamy-906-110525-01725f2o.jpg

if there's something different on the software side of things, I don't know. we'll have to wait for VEAO to reveal it :)

Check my F-15C guide

The pod software yes, but the integration on the aircraft may differ. Dunno how its integrated with the A-10C, but for Typhoon there is a noticeable difference between the intgration as done under SRP 4.2 and as is under SRP12. Not to speak about forthcoming enhancements at P2Eb.

I understand your policy change about it. I was just asking because in the alst update, the Tiffy update was only 2 lines while the others were much longer.

The other updates were 2-3 lines long except for the products in presale or Open Beta :)

Pman

As far as I remember it was: "Progress on the MFD pages, not much to show" or along these lines. So what else to say?

They work on MFD pages...

If you like to see how this will look, have a look here: http://eurofighter.at/cockpit-mfd.htm

:music_whistling:

Shagrat

they also said the 3D external and cockpit models are now complete during the october update :P But we're not getting a little sneak view because some guys had to ruin it for the rest :(

I'm consoling myself that what would be a line of updates about the typhoon is instead becoming another line of code towards it :thumbup:

Check my F-15C guide

they also said the 3D external and cockpit models are now complete during the october update :P But we're not getting a little sneak view because some guys had to ruin it for the rest :(

I'm consoling myself that what would be a line of updates about the typhoon is instead becoming another line of code towards it :thumbup:

We should of been nice to the devs ;)