TM warthog joystick broken

Hello,

the other day during a routine flight my joystick broke between the base and the stick. It just snapped after 3 years of usage (see pics attached).

Anyone knows where I could get a replacement part of the broken peace?

Thanks

M

IMAG0299.thumb.jpg.37b4fd43ee8cb7bb55df92aad8b1d96c.jpg

IMAG0304.thumb.jpg.32f55d1a77963f21cd2bdcd331046772.jpg

IMAG0305.thumb.jpg.b5fe29225b5693af3a23cb27838e7b37.jpg

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team

contact thrustmaster directly, they will send you one at a cost.

Alternatively you can buy the stick on its own now.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I would buy a new one.

If you fix this problem the next thing is a button that will stop to work, then a switch and another switch and ultimately you have to change the Board.

This is the story of mine. :mad:

Windows 10 | i7-8700K@5GHz | 2080 Ti | Intel Z370 Chipset | 32GB RAM@1866 MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w. FSSB R3 Mod | Saitek Switch Panel + Radio Panel + Multi Panel + FIP + Flightpanels Software | MFG_Crosswind | TrackIR5 | TM Cougar MFD Pack | Obutto R3volution | 1 x LG38 | GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Whilst the replies you received are absolutely correct.

I feel that I must state that I feel your pain Mkauzlar.... our hearts go out to you.

I understand that moment of strapping into your virtual escape and then the real physical world comes crashing in.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

double the pain me thinks!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

• 5 months later...

Glue is not a good option if you want to use this part on Warthog. It is ok for other low tension Joysticks but not for Warthog. I have same broken part and it is OK on CH base but on warthog it broke in 1 minute of use. The spring is just too stiff.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=138821&page=24

If you would like to sell a broken parts I'd like to buy it.

That is a metal part by the looks of it. You could try to solder or weld it, though that depends on the metal - looks like cast iron to me.

edit:

Looked at my WH, and am pretty sure it's pressure cast aluminum - there is no (easy) way to weld this, sorry.

Edited by Viersbovsky

Callsign "Lion"

Thrustmaster didn't want to sell me the spare part, they just offered me to by a new joystick. Lame.

I repaired my by adding a metal tube inside and gluing the whole thing together. I flew a couple of times with it and it holds so far.

The guy who helped me said that the metal part that broke is a low quality metal which is expected to break so soldering it won't help. Thrustmaster uses this type of metal just because is easy to mould. If you break it you then buy a new joystick. They should have used a more sturdy alloy, but that's another story.

Edited by mkauzlar

Tm support - doesn't have spare part...so i need to science the sh...t out of this...yesterday i checked the dimension and on one end the hole is bigger than on the other, so the tube is fixed on on one side and not fixed on other

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Yeah, I think we enlarged a bit the smaller part of the hole. It was done by a friend of mine who is a RC model builder and has all kinds of tools.

It's a complex part with different dimensions that's why TM used this material which can be moulded. Sadly the material is no good for the Virtual pilots :-/

this stick is metal afaik. how did you manage to brake it? 3 yers are quite a time but not that long. i am planning to replace my ch sticks with this tmw but now i started to hesitate.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

... this stick is metal afaik.

The question - ignored be many - is, behind all this "metal" hype are Zamak alloy, used between other things to do this:

http://www.botoesparis.com/client/files/0000000001/1317.jpg

http://image.made-in-china.com/43f34j00SsrEjIuzJUgB/Big-Heavy-Zamak-Wooden-Door-Pull-Handle-930g-6-65.jpg

Cougar heritage. So can be broken if joystick takes a knock, fall, or something fall on him... Take care. ;)

:D

Edited by Sokol1_br