NOTAM: Silver Wings Multiplayer Event

Iberian

Id like to join F-86 Red Coalition please.

ASUS ROG Zephyrus S GX502GW

(Core i7-9750H, RTX 2070, 32 GB ram)

TM Warthog - TM T-Flight Pedals - TrackIr 5 - Cougar MFD

Modules

F-86F - T.1A - A-10C - M-2000C - UH-1 - F-5 - P-51 - SA342 - Spitfire - AJS-37 - AV-8B - F/A-18C - L-39 - MiG-21 - MiG-15 - KA-50

FC3 - CA - NTTR - Normandy - WWII AP - LotATC - TacView

Iberian, I'll take the fourth slot on the red team so that I can support my brothers in the 229th.

Mac copies assignment in Red A-10C.

Please notify what weapons will be or will not be permitted for the Hog.

Looking forward to a great competition!

Interesting! I see blue coalition has mainly spanish speaking ppl so:

Me anoto con un MiG-15. Tal vez el "15" que queda libre lo puede ocupar mi compañero ECV56_Caje; pero lo confirmo más tarde.

Ah! What about the mission settings? Where can we check that? Thank you y gracias colegas!

I'd like to join the red Ka-50

At the moment my PC is not connect as I had to move it :(

hopefully I can get stuff ready for tomorrow, but please take me as tentative.

Id like to join F-86 Red Coalition please.

Got you guys in noted in the list.

I'd like to thank everyone for signing up, any further sign ups just show up in the teamspeak tomorrow and we will squeeze you in to any position available.

Teamspeak info will be added soon to the first post.

A-10C has no limitation on weapons, only the MiG-21 will not have nuclear bombs or radar guided missiles available. Everything else is fair game.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If i can make it ( i am a new dad,so time is limited) RED SU-25T plz.

Callsign: 373vFS_SPANKER

ECV56_Caje won´t be able to participate, RL issues.

Copy!

Teamspeak

Address: escuadron57.mainvoice.net

Password: noob2012

Edited by Iberian

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi

What is the server name?

Thanks

Event starting soon! Everyone welcome to join us now at:

Teamspeak

Address: escuadron57.mainvoice.net

Password: noob2012

Edited by Iberian

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Event has ended.

It was great to see many of you show up and also good to hear many of you enjoyed it.

229 Huey pilots dominated this mission! :thumbup:

Any suggestions and comments add them below and I'll consider it for the next Silver Wings event.

I'll add the scores later in a future post here.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks again for hosting this event, Iberian. It was awesome. The 229th guys had a great time.

Edited by Razorback[NL]

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)  | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4,5Ghz | 128Gb DDR4 3200Mhz | beQuiet! Dark Power 12 1200W | 2 x 2Tb M.2 Samsung SSD | 2 x 4 Tb M.2 Samsung SSD |  Aorus RTX3090 Xtreme 24Gb | Windows 10 Pro x64 | HOTAS Cougar (heavily modified) | MFG Crosswind pedals | CH Throttle Quadrant | TrackIR5 | Oculus Quest 2 | VoiceAttack

Aviate Navigate Communicate

Thank you for such a nice evening!

Here are my few remarks for the next missions:

-It would be great to have indications regarding the TS rooms, because I wasn't able to find my fellow Blackshark's comrades tonight (but you Huey/Mi-8 pilots were fine! :smilewink:)

-I think two TS rooms per side isn't enough (we were supposed to have 4 Hueys, 4 BS, 4 A10C, 2 Su25T not to forget our fighters, that's a lot of people to speak to). Also, we could have used the whisper list for the helicopters to chat with the planes.

+The mission was perfect for helicopter job. I would have loved encountering a few BS over the city of Zugdidi !

+You people were very nice, I really enjoyed flying with you. Will do it again. :thumbup:

Flappie a.k.a. 'Blackshark 2'

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Well guys it was without a doubt one of my best DCS time in a while !

Many thanks to the fast movers and all the players that kept the skies clear for our flying tin cans and of course to Iberian and the 57th to make this happen.

I had a really great time. I can't thank you guys enough for letting me shoot something! :)

My only issue was that I had no idea where, on the east side of the river, were the targets. So, I just bombed and shot up whatever looked like it needed bombing. Unfortunately, I lost SA and wandered across the river only to bomb a camp on our side.

That was made up for, anyway, later when one of our fast movers shot ME down! (I deserved it, right?) LOL

All in all, I had a great time.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

Thank you all for this mission. It was a real great time.

I loved this ambiance with fast movers fighting high in the sky and bombîng all around.

And of course thank to my fellow pilots of the 229th. Love to fly with you guys !

See you all soon !

(B/229) Sleipner

I really enjoyed the mission tonight. The 229th battalion pilots preformed well as did all of the other pilots. I look forward to next months mission.

Edited by flyer49

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

229th battalion, 1st Cavalry

Thanks everyone! Will let you guys know when the next one will be!

So it was obvious red coalition won.

Get the tacview here to view the results.

I had a really great time. I can't thank you guys enough for letting me shoot something! :)

My only issue was that I had no idea where, on the east side of the river, were the targets. So, I just bombed and shot up whatever looked like it needed bombing. Unfortunately, I lost SA and wandered across the river only to bomb a camp on our side.

That was made up for, anyway, later when one of our fast movers shot ME down! (I deserved it, right?) LOL

All in all, I had a great time.

Yeah I imagined that would happen. I'll add maps of the target area to the briefing for next time! I had included a pack with maps and pictures of the aircraft skins for each side to use for IFF, mentioned it earlier in the briefing but I guess it will be better to just put the maps in the briefing next time.

Thank you for such a nice evening!

Here are my few remarks for the next missions:

-It would be great to have indications regarding the TS rooms, because I wasn't able to find my fellow Blackshark's comrades tonight (but you Huey/Mi-8 pilots were fine! :smilewink:)

-I think two TS rooms per side isn't enough (we were supposed to have 4 Hueys, 4 BS, 4 A10C, 2 Su25T not to forget our fighters, that's a lot of people to speak to). Also, we could have used the whisper list for the helicopters to chat with the planes.

+The mission was perfect for helicopter job. I would have loved encountering a few BS over the city of Zugdidi !

+You people were very nice, I really enjoyed flying with you. Will do it again. :thumbup:

Flappie a.k.a. 'Blackshark 2'

Not seeing players in the teamspeak channels is something I've been trying to figure out for a while! I agree with you there. I'll ask around for a solution.

I asked a few times if anyone wanted me to create more TS rooms for the coalitions, but no one said anything so I left it as is. Next time I'll just add more just to be on the plus side.

Thanks for your comments!

Edited by Iberian

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello everyone,

I'm "Maverick", I joined your server by chance 2 days ago and I played as red in the MIG-21. I have to say that I really like this kind of scenario which only allows you to play once per mission..., if you're dead, you stay dead until it all finishes! It doesn't seem to have very difficult tasks but indeed it requires a lot more patience, awareness and focus in order to accomplish your goal before the enemy does it first. I'd like to thank you all for allowing me to stay (even after the server went locked) and I hope everyone else had a good time at least as much as I had!

Should I select an aircraft that I'd remain with during every mission from now on or does the selection occur just prior to each mission? Starting from the most important I'd prefer the MIG-21, SU-25T, KA-50, A-10C, and lastly the Huey on either side, if I need to choose an aircraft before the event.

Again, it's been a great time with an interesting event/mission type which shows our orientation towards realistic missions! I like that...!;)

Have a great day out there,

Cheers!

When you can't prove something with words, let the maths do the talking.

I have an insatiable passion for helping simulated aircraft fly realistically!

Sincerely, your correct flight model simulation advisor!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yea looks like a good time. Love to participate.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10