Open Conflict - Server Information

Mirknir

How many ships you got on your mission now ?

I am getting massive lag spikes on our server since new patch

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

How many ships you got on your mission now ?

I am getting massive lag spikes on our server since new patch

I kept only 6 unit carriers (one group of 2 and one group of 1 for each side)

Removed all other unit ships, I had close to 20 ships before.

I kept the minimum to not have to change to much the mission but still, the su33 are back on airports and the zone defenses are severely weakened by the absence of offshore cruisers.

I hope this will help

Edited by Mirknir
  • Like 1

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

I have 2 blue ships ( 1 carrier , one cruiser)

and 8 red ships (4 rezky, 4 cargo) for target practice (that use MIST to respawn)

I have 2 blue ships ( 1 carrier , one cruiser)

and 8 red ships (4 rezky, 4 cargo) for target practice (that use MIST to respawn)

It may be too many.

I'll add some information so that you can tweak your ship number to your server hardware.

The problem for me was the number of ships just killing the server FPS, dropping it to about 10FPS.

The server being massively slowed down, the client requests and responses were delayed creating massive lag.

On the hosting server or just by hosting your mission on your computer, you can press RCtrl-Pause x 2 to display DCS advanced profilers (see attached pictures).

There, you should see the simulation part getting way crazier than it should be.

That was my problem ; then I removed ships until it became tolerable :)

955670827_SimulationinProfilers.jpg.db367aa1ddb9e52ff73764b53f4c1ace.jpg

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Is your server dedicated ? Only hosting for clients

with render = off ?

Is your server dedicated ? Only hosting for clients

with render = off ?

yea it's a dedicated server with render off and max FPS @ 40.

However, the problem was present on my personal computer as well as the dedicated server.

Since the patch, my original mission was just massively slow and I had to remove ships to make it work better.

This issue is just a bigger problem when you run it on a server for clients.

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Were your ships doing anything ? Mine were just there for target practice / landing on carrier / landing on deck of moving ship

I tried removing all and still getting bursts of LAG

I put a couple back in the the viggen folks

a question about radios of Mi-8.

what kind of radios are usable in this server for search and rescue missions? Most of the rescue beacons are set at KHz or low range MHz (less that 100 MHz). This is my finding.

1. R-863. I am not sure if it is usable for rescue missions

2. YaDRO-1A. Looks like it works on very very low MHz range (2 - 17.999 MHz). Not usable.

3. R-828. Seems to be working on preset frequencies set by mission planner. Not usable in server since they are assigned "dynamically"

4. ARK-9. Yes, this works as intended at KHz frequencies.

5. ARK-9UD. Works on preset frequencies at channels 1 - 6 by mission planner. Not usable in this server since they are assigned "dynamically"

6. DISS-15. Of course it works everytime :D

Let me know if I am wrong somewhere.

Edited by muamshai

This space is available for your advertisement

what kind of radios are usable in this server for search and rescue missions? Most of the rescue beacons are set at KHz or low range MHz (less that 100 MHz). This is my finding.

2. YaDRO-1A. Looks like it works on very very low MHz range (2 - 17.999 MHz). Not usable.

3. R-828. Seems to be working on preset frequencies set by mission planner. Not usable in server since they are assigned "dynamically"

5. ARK-9UD. Works on preset frequencies at channels 1 - 6 by mission planner. Not usable in this server since they are assigned "dynamically"

Hello,

your list is correct and you are not missing anything, for rescue and supply missions the ARK-9 is the only one we can use currently on the server (some ship beacons are not working though so don't be surprised).

right now Mirknir is busy working on Regenesis, but maybe when he has time ill ask him to add some R-828 or Ark-9UD presets, and some low freq beacons for the Yadro.

Hello,

your list is correct and you are not missing anything, for rescue and supply missions the ARK-9 is the only one we can use currently on the server (some ship beacons are not working though so don't be surprised).

right now Mirknir is busy working on Regenesis, but maybe when he has time ill ask him to add some R-828 or Ark-9UD presets, and some low freq beacons for the Yadro.

Awesome. Thanks for the info. :thumbup::joystick:

Like NASA said :)

However, I am not satisfied with the current radio beacon system and especially with some new bugs that appeared in recent patches.

I am indeed working on the next Open conflict and I feel I have to change some stuff about the radio beacon.

So I need you guys help!

Currently, I have a bunch a radio beacons with each free radio frequencies (Ex: VHF: 270.00 KHz - FM: 31.40 MHz).

As some objectives appear - like rescue pilots, they receive a beacon and emit at these frequencies at their position.

The beacon is then retired for the session as changing the position won't move the source of the emission.

I have to consume a lot of radio freqs so it's almost impossible to use the concept of presets afaik.

Another problem too is that I have a lot of server crashes in radio transmission so I feel I am overusing the system.

For the future, I was thinking of using a limited predefined set of frequencies (thus being compatible with presets).

Then assigning them to specific objectives like safe-house 0->10.

Then to keep some dynamic aspect, at the start of the map, moving safe-houses around the conflict zone so it's different from one reset to another.

I will thus use less radio beacon, stop spawning more at runtime and could use the presets.

However, some dynamic aspect will be lost, a downed pilot will always rejoin a safe house and it will be the safe house spawning a bit randomly.

I suck at radio. It's true, I am no masters of any helicopters or high fidelity planes so my knowledge literally stop at a VHF and FM freqs.

I will need more information to do better radio beacons.

I have no idea what you are speaking of when you speak about the different MI8 radio systems and the related frequency ranges.

I wouldn't mind more information about it as it would make my job easier.

Why do the MI8 need so much different radio systems? What are the differences?

How exactly are radio freqs categorized?

What ranges are free?

Is all of this standard with other aircrafts?

Can I even make radio beacons generalized or they will need 10 settings per aircrafts?

How does all of this help you kill F15s? Cause it's the goal of the game IIRC :lol:

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

I suck at radio. It's true, I am no masters of any helicopters or high fidelity planes so my knowledge literally stop at a VHF and FM freqs.

I will need more information to do better radio beacons.

I have no idea what you are speaking of when you speak about the different MI8 radio systems and the related frequency ranges.

I wouldn't mind more information about it as it would make my job easier.

Why do the MI8 need so much different radio systems? What are the differences?

How exactly are radio freqs categorized?

What ranges are free?

Is all of this standard with other aircrafts?

Can I even make radio beacons generalized or they will need 10 settings per aircrafts?

How does all of this help you kill F15s? Cause it's the goal of the game IIRC :lol:

Alright, I'll try to answer as much as I can based on what I know in sim. Might be wrong to jump in to correct me.

The radios in Mi-8 can be defined in two categories.

1. Radios for communication
    • СПУ-7 (SPU-7) intercommunication set (ICS)
    • Р-863 (R-863) VHF/UHF command radio set
    • Ядро-1А (YaDRO-1A) HF radio set
    • Р-828 (R-828 ) LVHF radio set
    • РИ-65 (RI-65) audio warning system

[*] Radios for navigation

• АРК-9 (ARK-9) automatic direction finding (ADF) set
  • АРК-УД (ARK-UD) VHF homing set
  • ДИСС-15 (DISS-15) Doppler navigation set

СПУ-7 (SPU-7) intercommunication set (ICS)

There are two uses for this radio:

• Talk to other crew members. This you don't need in game. For this reason it is under communication radio category.

• Use as a selector to select other radio to monitor.

Р-863 (R-863) VHF/UHF command radio set

• Two-way voice communications in the VHF range of 100 to 149.975 MHz and UHF range of 220 to 399.975 MHz in AM or FM modes.
  • 20 preset frequencies defined in mission editor. Selected via selector (R-863 channel selector panel) or manual frequency control (R-863 frequency control unit)
  • I guess it is only for communication with Air Traffic Controllers, AWACS, JTACs etc.

Ядро-1А (YaDRO-1A) HF radio set

• Frequency range 2-17.999 MHz though the dials selection seems to be in KHz.
  • Not sure if it is being frequency used by map creators and players

Р-828 (R-828 ) LVHF radio set

• frequency range is 20 - 59.975 MHz
  • Used in VOICE (voice communication) and HOMING (VHF homing using the ARK-UD system).
  • Seems to be working on preset frequencies by map creator. Frequences are selector with a selector knob

РИ-65 (RI-65) audio warning system'

• When helicopter wants to talk to you or complains about its miserable life and pain

going to meeting at work. will continue later

Feature request: 2x free people transport slots in the SA342 Mistral, there's definitely 2 free seats in the back :) Would allow us to not just rescue our own pilots but complete the "commando + captive pilot" missions as well.

Agreed.

The Gazelles all need a little adjustment in their passenger capacity.

M version should have 1 seat.

Mistral version should have 2 seats.

L version should have 0 seats, unless we are doing expedient rescues and tossing them in the back with the ammo crates. :music_whistling:

Agreed.

The Gazelles all need a little adjustment in their passenger capacity.

M version should have 1 seat.

Mistral version should have 2 seats.

L version should have 0 seats, unless we are doing expedient rescues and tossing them in the back with the ammo crates. :music_whistling:

I will check this.

However, the number of cargo slots are not supposed to be an exact representation of what the actual aircraft can do.

Its more a gameplay relative representation of the transport capacity versus other aircrafts.

Like the mi8 has the most capacity in skynet like in RL but still doesn't have 20 seats even if it could in RL.

But still, I'll check a bit further the multiple gazelles:thumbup:

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

I will check this.

However, the number of cargo slots are not supposed to be an exact representation of what the actual aircraft can do.

Its more a gameplay relative representation of the transport capacity versus other aircrafts.

Like the mi8 has the most capacity in skynet like in RL but still doesn't have 20 seats even if it could in RL.

But still, I'll check a bit further the multiple gazelles:thumbup:

The Mistral Gazelle should definitely get two passenger slots, it has the room and it is the only helicopter which can properly defend itself at the moment! :pilotfly:

But then the gunship Huey needs an extra slot! Lol dumb mistral

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

Great Server and more to come...

Mirknir,

Great server. Thanks so much! Haven't flown since the patch or since CBU-97s are useless, but will soon. Hope your new project is proceeding? :thumbup:

==========================================

All conversations with a potato should be done in private

Isnt the 30 player limit a little low? The server sure is popular! hard to get in from times to time.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3227115&postcount=2704

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |