AMAZING

last1976

I'm blown away... This performance improvement is beyond all my expectations. GREAT WORK, ED!

Agreed, after a quick flight around in the KA-50 that is my initial impression as well. My performance gain is phenomenal !

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

It's outstanding !!!

Thanks to all DCS, ED and The Fighter Collection teams for this update it looks amazing !!! It's a truly jewel it changed everything and makes me want to flight again (more often) and more, it even seems like a boost to FPS... and of course buy more modules !!!

Just a few minor fixes like some liveries missing in the adversaries on quick missions.

:pilotfly: :joystick: :megalol: :thumbup:

DCS A-10C, FC3, Black Shark 2, UH-1H Huey, CA, Su-27 The Ult. Argument

WIN 10 64 Bits, AMD FX 8320 OC 4.07Ghz, H-80i HydCooler, HYPERX BEAST DDR3 16Gb 1866, MOBO MSI 990XA-GD55, THERMALTAKE 750 KW PSU, SAMSUNG SSD 840 EVO 500GB, SAPPHIRE 7870 GHZ ED OC 2GB 256 BIT GDDR5, LG IPS 27", SIDEWINDER PRECISION 2.

the waiting is over for you guys have fun. i wil wait al little bit longer because it seems that my pc runs on 32 bit just notice last night. now she is in de pc shop for some upgrading. back to my yoda mood!

1TB Samsung evo 860 ssd MSI Z490

Intel® Core I9-10900F

32GB RAM MSI Geforce GTX 970

My wife is going to kill me :(

Lol, yeah I will probably get some strange looks myself this weekend, as I know what I will be doing most of it.

DCS 1.5 is absolutely incredible, think at this point I can safely uninstall 1.2. Can't see myself going back to flying it now.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I have to say that the sun looks amazing. Maybe the best I've seen in a game. I also noticed that the game ran a lot smoother than before. I can only speculate that the new engine utilizes the graphics card more efficiently (I only have a GF 660 but anyway, the difference was very noticeble).

ED have done an amazing job with DCS 1.5 :)

Intel 3570k stock clock, and GTX970 and the instant action missions I've tried so far all run around 100fps, minimum 80fps when a lot is on the screen. Not a slight bit of stutter compared to before. (and my settings are all maxed out with 4x MSAA).

Better graphics at the expense of gaining better performance - this has to be a first!

I'm amazed :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cockpit Spectator Mode

Tons of awesome details too (in no particular order):

- Modules with AFM/PFM/EFM have amazingly realistic tire physics. They have grip and seem to stick to the ground as you would expect in RL. Also, they seem to model air pressure somehow, as they are more flat on the bottom compared to the top, so there is some weight on those tires and they behave accordingly. And no, they don't seem to sink into the ground to achieve that effect. :)

- Finally working rear-view mirrors that show the back of the plane and the pilot! The pilot head moves in unison with me TrackIR. Nice! The mirrors don't seem to eat much performance, so I have left them on the whole day. Never happened in previous DCS versions. ;)

- Overall performance is amazingly smooth - yet everything seems richer and "more alive" and more believable when it comes to the look and feel of the environment.

- Dynamic shadows add depth to the visual like never before. I cannot believe how much that adds to the perceived realism when flying around. Pretty much every 3D object casts shadows, and can receive shadows. That adds a whole new layer of suspense of disbelief in my book.

- Sense of speed and altitude. EDGE really seems to provide the performance so that flying feels like flying, because the aircraft performance is no longer bound by mid to low range frames per second. Everything feels fast and direct. And thanks to the improved environment style, it really feels as if you're up there, at some altitude, and flying. Everything I see looks believable. Imagine what NTTR will bring to the table!

- Improved special effects (with more to come during further development) such as smoke and particles, afterburners and overall visuals including sun, shadows and shading are fast and almost don't impact performance. Everything feels fluid and looks breathtaking.

Love it! The process towards 2.0 and beyond will be exciting! :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Tons of awesome details too (in no particular order):

- Modules with AFM/PFM/EFM have amazingly realistic tire physics. They have grip and seem to stick to the ground as you would expect in RL. Also, they seem to model air pressure somehow, as they are more flat on the bottom compared to the top, so there is some weight on those tires and they behave accordingly. And no, they don't seem to sink into the ground to achieve that effect. :)

- Finally working rear-view mirrors that show the back of the plane and the pilot! The pilot head moves in unison with me TrackIR. Nice! The mirrors don't seem to eat much performance, so I have left them on the whole day. Never happened in previous DCS versions. ;)

- Overall performance is amazingly smooth - yet everything seems richer and "more alive" and more believable when it comes to the look and feel of the environment.

- Dynamic shadows add depth to the visual like never before. I cannot believe how much that adds to the perceived realism when flying around. Pretty much every 3D object casts shadows, and can receive shadows. That adds a whole new layer of suspense of disbelief in my book.

- Sense of speed and altitude. EDGE really seems to provide the performance so that flying feels like flying, because the aircraft performance is no longer bound by mid to low range frames per second. Everything feels fast and direct. And thanks to the improved environment style, it really feels as if you're up there, at some altitude, and flying. Everything I see looks believable. Imagine what NTTR will bring to the table!

- Improved special effects (with more to come during further development) such as smoke and particles, afterburners and overall visuals including sun, shadows and shading are fast and almost don't impact performance. Everything feels fluid and looks breathtaking.

Love it! The process towards 2.0 and beyond will be exciting! :)

Same feeling here.....arrived in Simheaven! :thumbup:

Outstanding Job ED!

McDaniel out

|AMD 7800x3D | 64GB DDR5-3600| GTX 4090 | Virpil Stick, Collectiv, WW MIP, WW Throttle, MFG Crosswind V2 | Windows 11 64-bit | SSD Samsung | 4K LG Oled 48 | Oculus Q3 | Simlab based Cockpit

Can't wait to get home and try this.

Quick question for those that have it up and running already, are any of you using triple screens? If so, is it any easier to set up with 1.5? I seem to remember having to jump through hoops about a year ago to get it working. Was it lua files or something, been ages since I looked/tried.

---------------

MSI GD65 Gaming | i7 4770k Haswell @ 4.7ghz, | H110 water cooler | 32Gb ddr3 | Sound Blaster Zx | MSI GTX 1080Ti | 1x 250Gb SSD's + 2x 500Gb SSD |

Acer Predator 34" (3440x1440) | TrackiR 5 + UTC Light | Win 10 Pro 64bit | 2x Thrustmaster MFD's | MFG Crosswinds (ordered) | Thrustmaster Warthog :smartass:

--------------------

Top work guys. Awesome build. It even made me buy a HOTAS today. (Don't tell my wife - came in "radar silent").

Now: Water-cooled Ryzen 5800X + 32GB DDR 4 3200 RAM + EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra 24 GB + Reverb G2 + Add-on PCI-e 3.1 card + 2x1TB Corsair M.2 4900/4200 + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM TPR Pendular Rudder  'Engaged Defensive' YouTube Channel

Modules: F/A-18C / AV-8B / F-16 / F-15E / F-4E (when it lands) / Persian Gulf / Syria / Nevada / Sinai / South Atlantic

Backup: Water-cooled i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz + 32GB DDR4 3200MHz + GTX 1080 8GB + 1TB M.2 1k drive & 250GB SSD drive 500MBps 4K 40" monitor + TrackIR 5

Very nice performance increase noticed here as well, but am I the only one who feels the graphics look a bit washed out? As in very bright, not a lot of contrast and so on?

Or is it because I am used to Starway's excellent texture mod that looked so much better than stock textures, plus Sweetfx? I've put my graphics to mid-to-high on 1080p, but I'm getting far from the effects that were shown on Wags videos. :(

PS: and what's with these random numbers showing up at the end of my message sometimes?

Edited by tovivan

can't express in words what i see!

A dream has come true.

MB: Intel DX79TO; Core i7 3820 (3,6 ghz); SPU: Asus Xonar D2X; GPU: AMD XFX 7970 BE OC (3GB); RAM: Kingston 8 GB DDR3-1333 Quad-Kit; HHDs: G.Skill Phoenix SSD (for OS&DCS), WD 1 TB + WD 160GB; PSU: be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 550W; Display: EIZO Foris 2333-BK; OS: WIN8 Pro 64bit (latest updates); TM HOTAS Warthog; CH Rudder pedals; Cougar MFDs; iPad Mini with iControl DCS; TrackIR4 + TrackClipPro.

A10 startup procedure -->

Disabled all mods....This is AWESOME! The SAMS! THE SAMS!!! Feels like BMS! The textures are buttery smooth. My fps goes double or stays the same thanks to the more gpu intensive code. I can FINALLY get passed the first campaign level in A-10C. LOL. Something with my system just wouldn't do it. Also, JTAC comms are less buggy. I've had some bugs with menu music playing through to the game but that's what this beta is for. This is great work! Have a drink, looking real good so far!

Just wanted to share my enthusiasm here as the rest of the people is doing :)

Simply amazing. That's it.

Singnificant performance improvement and, OMG, the visuals are just...freakingly outstanding. I don't think I'm returning back to 1.2 anymore :)

Thank you very much ED for this big effort. It's been worth the waiting. Well done.