First impressions of 1.5 Beta

All I wanted from 1.5 and 2.0 was mirrors and shadows (internal and external) and man did I get those and then some!

Just flown around with the KA-50 in my FPS test mission and the chopper is butter smooth WITH MIRRORS to or from airports or target rich environments!.

The Kamov is now much more responsive to input and has truly become more controllable in all flight regimes.

Target viewable range has increased (without the new target thingy adjustment) and HMS live cannon slave is just beyond belief.

Perfect!

Thank you ED.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys,

Hope this hasn't been answered somewhere else and I've missed it - here goes... I have been told the beta installs to a new directory and sits side by side with the original so the modules can be transferred without losing an activation life. If this is correct, once the beta has been installed and modules transferred, can the original installation be deleted?

Modules do transfer automaticly. No activation needed!

i5 7600K OC 4.4, MSI Z270 Sli plus GTX 1080 OC, 2x16 GB Memory 3000 MHz, Windows 10

Thrustmaster Warthog, VKB pedals TrackIR 5.

Took a few flights with the Albatross. Gotta say Im loving the FM, and one of those premade missions, where you fly in the rain is phenomenal. Great stuff ED :thumbup:

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Guys,

Hope this hasn't been answered somewhere else and I've missed it - here goes... I have been told the beta installs to a new directory and sits side by side with the original so the modules can be transferred without losing an activation life. If this is correct, once the beta has been installed and modules transferred, can the original installation be deleted?

You should not delete your original ("release") installation. This will be updated eventually.

spacer.png

The F-15C is an absolute joy to fly now. I was grinning ear to ear for hours straight. Incredible work.

Regarding graphics, the haze is excessive just as it was in pre 1.5 builds for me. It doesn't seem like this affects everyone though. In 1.2.6 it could be fixed by increasing the far clip value but this seems to have no effect on 1.5.

Wow, on my R290 I see at least doubled FPS. Everything runs smoothly, just like old times, when I had Nvidia GTX 280. One minor issue - I had to switch back to native 1920x1200, because in VSR (2560x1600) clickspots don't match, but that's probably driver issue.

Take care to run desktop and DCS at the same resolution! Also try if "Full screen" fix this.

I can't check anymore, as I'm running native 4k... But I remember same issues with DSR before.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

is there any info about when is 1.5 going to come out of beta status?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I have almost double FPS that before, and huge improvement in mission loading time. I used to wait few minutes to load up the mission, now it's done in some 25-30 seconds (simple missions in 6-7). So what can I say?!

I am more than pleased that my patched old dinosaur rig can run DCS for few more years. And all that at HIGH settings.

Marvelous!

So big thanks to everybody that worked round the clock to accomplish such a huge improvement!!!

Cheers guys! :beer:

YOu used to wait few minutes for mission loading?

What ancient computer do you use? :O

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

As with any other beta release, it'll come out of beta once all of the bugs have been addressed. There's obviously no timeline on that.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

my first impression?

"wow! ED really listened to us!!"

many many many positive changes

"thank you ED"

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As with any other beta release, it'll come out of beta once all of the bugs have been addressed. There's obviously no timeline on that.

My guess is we will get the beta for 2.0 long before then and no one will care about 1.5...

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

The mountains to me look very poor. Close up and far away, my graphics are on max.

Maxed out settings just to see the beauty for a few minutes, expected a lot of lag...

Guess what? first time ever a Newer/Updated game giving me better FPS and smoother gameplay :O how is this possible? How can I receive better performance in 1.5 when my settings are maxed out??

I play for the last hour+ and no problems! The game is perfect, beautiful, the mountains are amazing, the ground textures look like real life.

10 out of 10 from me.

Planes: A-10C/II - FC3 - F/A-18C - F-16c - F-5 - F-15E - F-4E

Helicopters: UH-1H Huey - KA-50 Black Shark - AH-64D

Maps: Sinai - Normandy 2.0 - Channel - Syria - Persian Gulf - South Atlantic

Extras: Supercarrier - WWII Asset Pack

PC SPECS: CPU, Intel i5 4670K @ 4.2GHz | MOBO, ASUS/Z87-A | MEMORY, HyperX FURY Series 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 Memory1833Mhz |GRAPHICS CARD, GIGABYTE RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6, 1920 Core, 1755Mhz | PSU, CoolerMaster Real Power Pro 1250W 80Plus | Flight Stick, Logitech X-56 | Rudder Pedals, Logitech G | O/S, Windows 10, 64bit | Hard Drives, Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB

thank you ED

Yup :thumbup:

This is a substantial upgrade, and the new IG just rocks - great framerates plus looking gorgeous too! Took a little getting used to as regards adjusting everything to taste (and performance) though, but as far I've tried it so far after tweaking, it really seems all good. A stellar job, nothing less!

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Better Performance!.

I have a low system Spec but WOW 1.5 is just Amazing I can run it with out a problem and in settings I never could B4. below are my specs.

WINDOWS 7 64BIT

E8600 DUAL CORE 3.3

MSI GTX 750 TI 2Gs DDR 5.

4GB 1333.

PSU 600 watts.

Terrain (high)

Textures (high)

Visibility (Medium)

HDR ( Off)

Anti alising (Off)

Shadows (Low)

set to lens(FLARE)

Traffic (Low)

Grass ( all the way up maxed.)

Trees ( Half way )

I am trying to remember what else,but WOW what a dif 1.5 made,with just 4GB of ram sim runs just fine, I get little stutters at explossions but only at the start of missions,once everything is done loading its smooth.

Oh and the res is set to 1600x900 FullScreen.:smartass::thumbup::pilotfly::D

I also doubled my fps. (+/- 120 at peak) and the sim is beautiful!

Thank you ED. :thumbup:

(and for the 'mountain complainers', don't forget the geometry of the caucasus map is exactly the same than in previous version. Only the terrain texture has changed)

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

DCS 1.5 has beautifull graphics and...

I believe with Nevada and future maps, it´s going to be amazing. But i have couple questions:

Will DCS 2 have improved crash landing model?

Are the actual 1.5 clouds the old or new ones?

Thanks.

The new clouds are still WIP and not included in the current build.

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

I would advise caution here - this is the old map with the updated engine. Just wait until NTTR and the other new maps arrive, because I think they may tax your hardware far more than the current one.

Just saying - don't want too much disappointment if things get slower with 2.0 ;)

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2