improvements in BS

We all know that in BS we wll have the heli as the primary "star". But: will we have bug fixes from FC and "still to make " improvements, like finishing the modelling of the kh-41 missile, some update in the flyable planes (line some new version of flanker, so we can have r77, and things like that?

We all know that in BS we wll have the heli as the primary "star". But: will we have bug fixes from FC and "still to make " improvements, like finishing the modelling of the kh-41 missile, some update in the flyable planes (line some new version of flanker, so we can have r77, and things like that?

In order:

Bug fixes from FC - well they're not going to bring old bugs back in, are they?

Kh-41 - the missile doesn't technically exist except in mockup form, so I'm not sure where you're going with that.

New version of Flanker - errr, no. Black Shark is about a helicopter, not a prototype Flanker for which there are no flight manuals or performance data ;)

In order:

Bug fixes from FC - well they're not going to bring old bugs back in, are they?

Kh-41 - the missile doesn't technically exist except in mockup form, so I'm not sure where you're going with that.

New version of Flanker - errr, no. Black Shark is about a helicopter, not a prototype Flanker for which there are no flight manuals or performance data ;)

The kh-41 "mosquito" doesn´t exist?, google man... and for sure is not even close well modelled in FC, it was somehow ok in flanker 2.X series.

With "new" version of flanker, I mean some little more updated version, and I mean also the 33. There are version of the su 33 with new radar, well documented. The same with other su27 version. It is a repeated topic the threads asking if "can the su27 carry r77", and the common answer is yes, but not the version modelled here in FC.

Now you understand my post?

The kh-41 "mosquito" doesn´t exist?, google man... and for sure is not even close well modelled in FC, it was somehow ok in flanker 2.X series.

With "new" version of flanker, I mean some little more updated version, and I mean also the 33. There are version of the su 33 with new radar, well documented. The same with other su27 version. It is a repeated topic the threads asking if "can the su27 carry r77", and the common answer is yes, but not the version modelled here in FC.

Now you understand my post?

Google isn't infallible, and neither is the internet ;)

The Kh41 was supposed to be an air-launched version of a ship-launched missile.

It's been made in mockup form and hung underneath an Su33, and you can look as hard as you like for evidence about it actually having been test-fired and entering service . . . . . but there isn't any. The air-launched missile known as the Kh41 does not exist. The ship-launched version does, though.

The much publicised upgraded Su33 doesn't exist either. The shiny capabilities that most of the internet says it has are based on a Sukhoi brochure released some time ago, which basically detailed a proposed upgrade for the Su33.

Note the word "proposed". That upgrade was never funded, and never took place.

Versions of the Su27 can carry the R77 and precision-guided munitions - but in order to model those versions accurately, you need information which is currently classified.

I think you underestimate how much work it takes to model these aircraft - the only aim for Black Shark is the Ka50. We'll have to wait for a future project for any significant further work to take place on the fast jets.

Not even one 6DOF cockpit for any of the a/c?

Sure - for the Ka50 :P

Look, it's not just a matter of switching it on. You have to model and texture a complete 3D cockpit from scratch even before you start coding that in.

If it was so easy to do all of this, we'd have Black Shark already ;)

It's been made in mockup form and hung underneath an Su33, and you can look as hard as you like for evidence about it actually having been test-fired and entering service . . . . . but there isn't any. The air-launched missile known as the Kh41 does not exist. The ship-launched version does, though.

Well....they use not the Kh-41 but the Kh-31A and the Kh-35 on te Tu-142.

But there is a new missile in test/production phase....the brahmos for India ( i think when i see the advertisement it is a co-production between Russia and India). When i look at the advertisement i see that it is beeing launched from a Su-30....

http://www.brahmos.com/home.html

trajecteries.jpg

DCS World, A10C, AV8B, M2k, FA18C, FC3, MIG21

The much publicised upgraded Su33 doesn't exist either. The shiny capabilities that most of the internet says it has are based on a Sukhoi brochure released some time ago, which basically detailed a proposed upgrade for the Su33.

Note the word "proposed". That upgrade was never funded, and never took place.

Versions of the Su27 can carry the R77 and precision-guided munitions - but in order to model those versions accurately, you need information which is currently classified.

I think you underestimate how much work it takes to model these aircraft - the only aim for Black Shark is the Ka50. We'll have to wait for a future project for any significant further work to take place on the fast jets.

You can check the kh-41 (ASM-MSS) encyclopedia from Lockon! This is the 41 (compare the characters in red)

This is the one mounted on a Su-33:

kh41.jpg

kh41_2.jpg

kh41_3.jpg

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

You can check the kh-41 (ASM-MSS) encyclopedia from Lockon! This is the 41 (compare the characters in red)

This is the one mounted on a Su-33:

It's a mockup, fitted at an airshow.

The missile has not been test-fired, it is not in service, and it does not exist.

Heh, I remember I witnessed the same show with Kh-41 in Flanker 2.51. Sometimes instead of drop start it got catapulted through my aircraft's body like it's a cloud and then ignites it's engine and blow my face off.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Now that you mention it, some missiles catapult themselves upwards from ressed hardpoints. The AIM-120 also does it. Why is this so?

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

It's done to achieve clearance from the aircraft's aerodynamic airflow before the rocket fires, as well as preventing 'exchaust in the intake' syndrome, as well as fin strikes against the aircraft in the case of minor turbulence.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

It's done to achieve clearance from the aircraft's aerodynamic airflow before the rocket fires, as well as preventing 'exchaust in the intake' syndrome, as well as fin strikes against the aircraft in the case of minor turbulence.

if that were the reasons.. a downward trajectory would be favourable..not following the "logic" here

oo err...missus:animals_bunny:

** Anti-Pastie**

Agreed. But for which jet? Im still trying to sum up enthusiasm for the f16.

I'd like to see the F16 or the F18 added to this sim (and not as a F15 dressed in different textures).

HP Z230 - Win10 Pro, i7-4770@3.30Ghz, 16GB RAM, EVO 1TB SSD x2, GTX 1660 Super 6GB, Quest 2 VR/TrackIR5; GIGABYTE AERO 17 HDR XD - Creator series laptop

DCS World - Terrains: all; Modules: all but MB-339, Mirage F1, Mosquito, I-16, MiG-19P, Yak-52, F-5E, L-39, C-101, MiG-15bis, MiG-21bis, & F-86F; Campaigns: various

On My Radar - The Typhoon, and I'm still hoping for a Norway map to go with it!!

Hi @GGTharos,

can we hope on an realistic HDD for MiG-29/Su-27/33 without grid lines in 1.2 ? :D

Best Regards

Viper

sigpic3353_7.gif

System: Intel Core i7-4790, 3,6GHz, 16GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5,

TM HOTAS Warthog;(MSFFB2 for testing); TrackIR4 +Track Clip Pro; Windows 10 Pro.