Russian su24 downed in syria

ebabil

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I hope pilots are ok and not captured by the alien terrorists of Isis

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I hope pilots are ok and not captured by the alien terrorists of Isis

I hope so too. Although I have to disagree about the nature of the IS terrorists. They are not alien, unfortunately they are just as human as you or I :(

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Early reports suggest the pilots got out okay. The Russian jet was warned 10 times within 5 minutes to turn away and didn't do so, I guess the Turkish airforce had to act. Let's hope that this goes down as a simple misunderstanding and that any lessons that may need to be learned, are. It would also be an idea for both parties to talk more given we all have the same objectives in that area currently.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Early reports suggest the pilots got out okay. The Russian jet was warned 10 times within 5 minutes to turn away and didn't do so, I guess the Turkish airforce had to act. Let's hope that this goes down as a simple misunderstanding and that any lessons that may need to be learned, are. It would also be an idea for both parties to talk more given we all have the same objectives in that area currently.

One of the pilots is dead ( there is a photo of the body somewhere ) and the other is caught by a militia in Syria..

And I repeat, isn't a misunderstanding, Turkey isn't waiting any attack on their territory and nobody shoot down a plane from a neutral nation after a single minute inside his territory. They simply were waiting with the finger on the trigger..

One of the pilots is dead ( there is a photo of the body somewhere ) and the other is caught by a militia in Syria..

And I repeat, isn't a misunderstanding, Turkey isn't waiting any attack on their territory and nobody shoot down a plane from a neutral nation after a single minute inside his territory. They simply were waiting with the finger on the trigger..

Take a breather and wait for some more official information...

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Guys before this gets out of hand review the rules before posting.

NO POLITICAL DISCUSSION

Warnings and bans will get handed out if the rules are broken.

If you want to discuss this in depth do it somewhere else, this is a community forum for everyone who enjoys DCS not a political forum.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

A few years ago, a Turkish F4E was shot down by Syrian air defenses (assumably operated by Russians) for momentarily crossing the Syrian airspace over the Mediterranean.

Recently, the Turkish airspace was violated twice by Russian aircraft. They were warned that further violations will not be tolerated and met with force.

So, Turkey has already been really (perhaps too) patient with these acts of aggression.

The actual pictures of the SU-24 show it with flames burning out of it's tail suggestive of a missile.

I read that the Turkish airforce shot it down, while somewhere the Russians have stated it was due to proximity to artillery. Pilot dead and one other alive by the sounds of it. The Turkish military has come out and said the aircraft was warned multiple times so it doesn't seem to have been a "hair-trigger" response.

Iran and Syria both operate Su-24's so the initial impression would be - who does it belong to? Is it in the hands of ISIS? I guess further from there - was a visual ROE in place? or was it simply warn off then engage when no response achieved?

The actual pictures of the SU-24 show it with flames burning out of it's tail suggestive of a missile.

I read that the Turkish airforce shot it down, while somewhere the Russians have stated it was due to proximity to artillery. Pilot dead and one other alive by the sounds of it. The Turkish military has come out and said the aircraft was warned multiple times so it doesn't seem to have been a "hair-trigger" response.

Iran and Syria both operate Su-24's so the initial impression would be - who does it belong to? Is it in the hands of ISIS? I guess further from there - was a visual ROE in place? or was it simply warn off then engage when no response achieved?

I'm guessing, visual ROE would be unlikely in place, since they'd have required the Turkish interceptors to themselves violate the Syrian airspace.

So, Turkey has already been really (perhaps too) patient with these acts of aggression.

I don't think anyone believes that the Russian aircraft was on a mission to bomb targets within Turkey, so "violations" perhaps yes, but "aggression"....no :) .

JJ

My heart goes out to the pilots. Imagine the * they are in right now and their families. I hope both are alive and returned home. In DCS, if we're shot down, we just hit fly again.

Edited by BIGNEWY
1.1 profanity

• ED Team

Guys keep the discussion here in chit chat for now, I have already had to delete and move political posts.

Please read the rules before posting.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

... I hope both are alive and returned home.

They shot on ejected pilots.

A spokesman for the Syrian rebel group which claimed to have captured a Russian pilot whose plane was shot down over northwestern Syria says he was dead upon landing, AP reports.

Jahed Ahmad of the 10th Brigade in the Coast said that the two Russian crew members tried to land in their parachutes in government-held areas after they ejected, but came under fire from members of his group.

He adds that rebels shot one of the pilots, who landed dead on the ground on Tuesday.

The fate of the second pilot was not immediately known.

The group released a video showing gunmen standing around a blond pilot whose face was bruised and appeared dead.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2015/nov/24/russian-jet-downed-by-turkish-planes-near-syrian-border-live-updates

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Guys before this gets out of hand review the rules before posting.

NO POLITICAL DISCUSSION

Warnings and bans will get handed out if the rules are broken.

If you want to discuss this in depth do it somewhere else, this is a community forum for everyone who enjoys DCS not a political forum.

Quoted for good measure. Keep it peaceful guys, we do not have all the information and we do not know all the details, things like this happen in closely contested airspace and as sad as it is I think it was just a series of unfortunate events and not anything deliberate.

Something as simple as a Russian radio malfunction in combination with a Turkish TWS lock could have lead to it.

Think of the pilots and their families before you post something you might regret later.

Edited by OnlyforDCS

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I think this is coincidence incident. Therefore, it would not surprise me for that tomorrow will be coincidence shoot-downed Turkish plane at Armenian-Turkish border.

So it all begins... :(

Edited by Ragnarok

“The people will believe what the media tells them they believe.” — George Orwell