F-15E?

JazonXD

There will be most likely some points they won't be able to build in the highest accuracy. They will have to make educated guesses about some functions.

If they do it right, us players won't be able to notice. There will be very few people who will notice it (people who worked with the F-15E in real life), but those won't be allowed to tell us.

I am looking forward to the Mudhen, but given its extreme complexity I admit I am a bit cautious as well. It being a two-person plane doesn't make it easier of course.

is there enough data on F-15E ?

You can find some good manuals on internet, general handing, weapon system interface, flight performance...a lot more than M-2000 :smilewink:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Ahhhh definitely instant buy! Awesome that Prowler showed up and fed our hungry stomachs without those cool wip shots. Do we have a confirmation that the A2G radar is coming along from ED though? Does the F/A-18 that we are going to get have an A2G radar?

AMD 5600X -- Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision -- 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 -- HP Reverb G2 -- Logitech 3D Extreme Pro -- Thrustmaster TWCS

BRRRT!  Car and aviation enthusiast, gun nut and computer nerd! 🙂

Ahhhh definitely instant buy! Awesome that Prowler showed up and fed our hungry stomachs without those cool wip shots. Do we have a confirmation that the A2G radar is coming along from ED though? Does the F/A-18 that we are going to get have an A2G radar?

All Hornets have an A2G radar. Work is progressing, we've been getting juicy little tid-bits about the hornet specs the last week or two so it's definitely getting closer, still hopeful (but not holding breath) for early release this year.

AFAIK both razbam and belsims f15s are eventually supposed to be full fidelity.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Yeah, this is going to be amazing. The F-15 is one of the last really well documented fighters.

I wonder if they're going to make the flight model from scratch?

Not sure if they are going to start a FM from scratch as the 15C has a PFM right now, but probably a modified version of the PFM to incorporate the extra weight, weapons, CFTs etc.

AMD 5600X -- Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision -- 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 -- HP Reverb G2 -- Logitech 3D Extreme Pro -- Thrustmaster TWCS

My 2 cents on a DCS F-15E?

By far my most wanted aircraft in DCS, my first ever military flight sim was Microprose

F-15E Strike Eagle III in circa 1993 so i have nostalgic connection with this aircraft. Also played the s**t out of Janes F-15 Eagle later in the 90's. Still one of the best sims ever in my humble view.

Which brings me to my point about a future DCS F-15E. I would honestly be quite happy with an F-15E with the same functionality of the Janes F-15E albeit with 2016 level graphics and maybe a few more systems implemented than back in the day?

A reasonable FM, all weapons implemented and functioning TF radar etc. i'd be happy with that to be honest? As for the front/rear cockpit issues, not a problem in SP as it never was with the 2 earlier versions but i'm sure something could be figured out for MP if there is/was enough interest?

Really hope to see this come to fruition one day, hopefully soon!!

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i9-13900K - 64GB Corsair Vengeance RAM @ 3200 MHz - ASUS TUF GAMING B660-PLUS WIFI D4 - Zotac NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 - 2TB  INTEL NVMe SSD (Windows 10) - Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB (DCS) - Crucial CT1000 1TB NVMe SSD - WinWing F-16EX Stick - WinWing Orion Throttle Base with both F-18 & F-16C TQS Throttle Grips - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech G-910 Keyboard - Logitech G-502 Lightspeed Mouse - Logitech G-533 Headset - Occulus Quest Pro VR - TrackIR 5 with Track Clip Pro

Not sure if they are going to start a FM from scratch as the 15C has a PFM right now, but probably a modified version of the PFM to incorporate the extra weight, weapons, CFTs etc.

Yeah, I was wondering because the BST flight model is bang on. I've yet to see a pilot account/ flight manual that disagrees with the sim. Let's just hope RAZBAM implements Over-G stresses. IRL they pay very close attention to the overload warning system ("beep-beep-beep-bepbepbepbeeeeeeee") because it is possible to literally rip the wings off... although it might not seem like it, CAS is NOT a G-limiter.

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

They pay attention to the over-g system because the chief will yell at them if they bring back an over-g condition. Ripping the wings off is incredibly unlikely.

How unlikely? There is a well recorded incident of an F-15 pilot pulling 12.5g to save his life, right in the middle of the most dangerous airspeed range for over-g.

The aircraft flew fine but could not be serviced after so much over-stress - the airframe was done. It is now a museum piece. The pilot is fine.

And FYI, over-g to the tune of 10g is not uncommon ... even 11g, though that's a lot more rare. Such things are noted in various over-stress studies for the F-15, both for the airframe lifetime and pilot g-loc type studies.

Should the wings come off if you've got a couple of bags attached and they're full? Sure, fair enough. I have some doubts about how common such a situation would be though - and even then, it's not going to be anywhere near as touchy as a flanker.

Yeah, I was wondering because the BST flight model is bang on. I've yet to see a pilot account/ flight manual that disagrees with the sim. Let's just hope RAZBAM implements Over-G stresses. IRL they pay very close attention to the overload warning system ("beep-beep-beep-bepbepbepbeeeeeeee") because it is possible to literally rip the wings off... although it might not seem like it, CAS is NOT a G-limiter.

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

They pay attention to the over-g system because the chief will yell at them if they bring back an over-g condition. Ripping the wings off is incredibly unlikely.

How unlikely? There is a well recorded incident of an F-15 pilot pulling 12.5g to save his life, right in the middle of the most dangerous airspeed range for over-g.

The aircraft flew fine but could not be serviced after so much over-stress - the airframe was done. It is now a museum piece. The pilot is fine.

And FYI, over-g to the tune of 10g is not uncommon ... even 11g, though that's a lot more rare. Such things are noted in various over-stress studies for the F-15, both for the airframe lifetime and pilot g-loc type studies.

Should the wings come off if you've got a couple of bags attached and they're full? Sure, fair enough. I have some doubts about how common such a situation would be though - and even then, it's not going to be anywhere near as touchy as a flanker.

Indeed and well said. To be honest, I think you're going to have much more trouble getting the hydraulic force to pull a 12.5g with full bags on the wings than we think...

I wouldn't exactly say it is "no problem", because it is a LOT of work, especially when we are not talking about systems that mirror each other (like in the trainer aircraft).

Doable? I think so, yes. But the complexity is an order of magnitude above what we have seen from Razbam until now. Especially if they don't test MP integration on another, more simple, plane before the F-15E.

I think they won't have an issue getting it done. I have faith in RAZBAM and their team.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

I think we all need to constantly remind ourselves that when we get our F-15E (which I'm guessing wont be in early access for atleast another 2 1/2 - 3 years), DCS will be beyond recognition. In regards to the multi crew, I believe 3 years will be plenty of time to for multi crew to be just another aspect of a module. Just think how crazi its going to be in just a short few years. Tomcats, Hornets, Viggens, Spitfires, Harriers, P40's, Hinds, Mirages, Tucano's, A-7's, multiple maps, working carriers, a-g radar,and who knows what else. Maybe its just me but I feel like so many of the problems with the game engine will be fixed by then and were just looking into the problems we have now too much.