Mig21 not working ind 2.0 after today's update

Catweasel

It loads all the way up into the cockpit, but on pressing FLY, the game crashes. I can freelook with my TrackIR in the PAUSE mode before hitting FLY. Runs fine with the A10C, though.

Any ideas? Is that a graphic driver issue? Updated to the newest version, but no success.

There's a problem with the radar on the MiG-21bis which causes the sim to crash when turning the radar on. I guess you are starting in the air so the radar is already on which causes the crash? Try doing a cold start and see if it loads. You should be able to fly as long as you don't turn the radar on.

Leatherneck know about the problem and are working on it.

I tried to take off from McCarran after the update to 2.0u1. The mission loads fine and looking around before hitting the Fly! button at the briefing window works smoothly.

But when I click Fly!, though, I get a slide show with 1 FPS (max.).

I start with "from runway" and the radar is at standby.

I tried to take off from McCarran after the update to 2.0u1. The mission loads fine and looking around before hitting the Fly! button at the briefing window works smoothly.

Dont touch the radar. Neither turn it on standby nor on! Then it'll work.

If I would like to fly SFM I could get it for free at World of Warplanes.

You only need 2 of the following 3: Altitude - Speed - Skill

Did a few flights today. From cold start one can flip the radar to standby allright, even to operation mode when it's still not warmed up and nothing bad happens. It's the switch to operation when it's warmed up already that causes crash.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I was able to fly the Mig-21 just fine leaving the radar on standby with a "runway start" in the ME. I wonder why?

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

yes the mig works but using radar crashes it.

It used to not have a clickable cockpit at all until the recent update.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Same story here. Slideshow trying to taxi to runway. Took off and it smoothed out a bit as though systems in aircraft had finally initialized (pure guess on my part). Mission I flew was a modified Hawk "free flight" mission modified to use Mig21 and no other mods.

Mig 21 is the only aircraft I have FPS problems with. All settings maxed since 2.0 installed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67

Do you have problems with activation? Last time I switched versions I lost 4 activations and I don't to repeat the same error.

I don't know who you were addressing but I didn't have to activate when trying the Mig in 2.0. The only problem I have was the slide show I described in my post.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67

Do you have problems with activation? Last time I switched versions I lost 4 activations and I don't to repeat the same error.

You can run 1.5 and 2.0 concurrently for the Mig-21 as they have the new copy protection system, but you cannot use the 21 in 1.2.16 at the same time.

Until ED drop 1.2.16, you should have the Mig-21 installed in 1.5+2.0 OR 1.2.16, not in all.

• 2 weeks later...