Removed

CptSmiley

Everyone has the wrong idea here. Supercruise is not defined as above mach1 without ab. It is defined as mach1.5 without ab. Technically the f86 and f5 can both hit machine 1 without ab. So do you then consider that to be Supercruise? So my mig 21 can Supercruise at 5000m in clean configuration at 85%rpm n1?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone has the wrong idea here. Supercruise is not defined as above mach1 without ab. It is defined as mach1.5 without ab.

In fact, there is the wikipedia definition of "Supercruise", which is, i think, the good one:

Supercruise is sustained supersonic flight of a supersonic aircraft with a useful cargo, passenger, or weapons load performed efficiently, which typically precludes the use of highly inefficient afterburners (reheat)

So, in fact, the definition is fuzzy... Which is logical, since "supercruise" is another kind of marketing concept. "Ho look, my plane is "Supercruise" ! this is... Super !"

Technically the f86 and f5 can both hit machine 1 without ab. So do you then consider that to be Supercruise? So my mig 21 can Supercruise at 5000m in clean configuration at 85%rpm n1?

According to the wikipedia definition, yes, they are kind of "Supercruise"... Oups ? Is that mean that this kind of "marketing concept" has nothing to do with "aircraft generation" ? :music_whistling: However, no doubt that engines efficiency increased since the F-5 or Mig-21, so yes, aircraft like Rafale, F-22 or other 4-5th generation, are probably more easily "Supercruise"... justifying the new super concept "Supercruise"

Edited by sedenion

According to the wikipedia definition, yes, they are kind of "Supercruise"... Oups ? Is that mean that this kind of "marketing concept" has nothing to do with "aircraft generation" ? :music_whistling: However, no doubt that engines efficiency increased since the F-5 or Mig-21, so yes, aircraft like Rafale, F-22 or other 4-5th generation, are probably more easily "Supercruise"... justifying the new super concept "Supercruise"

I don't think they can sustain it, if so, no supercruise.

The definition has 3 aspect, which are quite subjective :

1- sustained (I'd assume level flight for more than just several minutes)

2- useful load (just 2 heaters can be deemed as useful load depending on the mission)

3- efficiency (how much is efficient ? an A/B that is light on fuel consumption can still be considered as efficient I guess)

In fact, there is the wikipedia definition of "Supercruise", which is, i think, the good one:

So, in fact, the definition is fuzzy... Which is logical, since "supercruise" is another kind of marketing concept. "Ho look, my plane is "Supercruise" ! this is... Super !"

Exactly. Just a marketing term for gen 4+ and 5. I like the term sustained supersonic flight without the use of an afterburner. Lol.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

With the new parasitic drag parameters being added to the fuel tanks and the 530 I believe the issue of "supercruise" will be wrung out and solved.

So in clean configuration the m2k may be able to sustain supersonic flight without the use of AB however the term of supercruise meaning sustained supersonic flight without the use of AB and a combat load out does not any longer apply to this airframe.

Technically the f86 and f5 can both hit machine 1 without ab. So do you then consider that to be Supercruise? So my mig 21 can Supercruise at 5000m in clean configuration at 85%rpm n1?

Excuse me? Not in real life. Just some examples

F-5... supersonic flight not possible w/o AB

F-5.jpg

Let's take a modern a/c like the Super Hornet...

SH.jpg

So I don't see it that common as you make us to think... I checked my Flight Manuals library and only High-end fighters like F-15, F-14, Mig-29... are able to maintain supersonic w/o AB, barely making it and with just 2 heaters (F-16 is a surprising miss though)

Regards!

Edited by amalahama

the best FM evolution stage since release. but now mirage has a "overweight" tail. tailslide is not possible anymore. please return the tailslide ability.

hardware to fly around the world now

У авторов РЛЭ уж точно данные продувок в распоряжении были 

may I ask if Zeus is still working on the M2000 or did he already move to the Harrier? I have been looking forward so much to the radar fixes...

Now I must juggle time with each aircraft. At this time the AV-8B is taking the lion's share due to me waiting for some info/data for the M-2000C.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

I think the ECLAIR pod is still wrong. With every press of the button the system counts double flare instead of one already released.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Now I must juggle time with each aircraft. At this time the AV-8B is taking the lion's share due to me waiting for some info/data for the M-2000C.

I understand. I'm sure you have learned a lot from the Mirage and the harrier will see a faster progress.

May I ask which Infos are you waiting for? And when do you think the radar elevation reset and CCM can be fixed ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the A/G guns solution going to be looked at? The rounds always fall short of the computed solution, with TAS being significantly worse than RS.

I confirm.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Why so much regression since last update in the 2000 fly model?

Flight* model

Because it was implemented inaccurately and RAZBAM is doing their best to fix that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Why so much regression since last update in the 2000 fly model?

I think this thread/post made a clear argument to the issue (only the first few pages are useful, then it degenerates).

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=177149

I find this to be spot on with the new flight model:

Yes and no. The mirage with its delta wing has an ability to gain first shot opportunity on almost any fighter if the pilot desires but it comes at a cost. The high bleed rates of the delta wing also leads to high drag at low altitudes and its lack of thrust makes it a dog once its bled down

JD

AKA_MattE

Edited by Jugdriver

I think this thread/post made a clear argument to the issue (only the first few pages are useful, then it degenerates).

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=177149

I find this to be spot on with the new flight model:

Yes and no. The mirage with its delta wing has an ability to gain first shot opportunity on almost any fighter if the pilot desires but it comes at a cost. The high bleed rates of the delta wing also leads to high drag at low altitudes and its lack of thrust makes it a dog once its bled down

JD

AKA_MattE

From soviet ministry of defense, calculated and analysed amongs other by zhukowski aviation academy:

http://militera.lib.ru/manuals/0/pdf/tp_mirage.pdf

hardware to fly around the world now

У авторов РЛЭ уж точно данные продувок в распоряжении были 

They fall correctly if you maintain 1G during release.

The procedure in Mirage 2000 is to release with full aft stick (around 5G), to stay out of defense area.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi