No standalone installer any more?

Gloom Demon

Since the 1.2.5 version came out I tried to download the DCSW installer, however I can't seem to find the 5 files for the installation. It seems, there is only a Web based installer now... No offline installation anymore?

Update. I can't figure out where to download the aircraft distributives at all.

Edited by Gloom Demon

AMD Ryzen 3600, Biostar Racing B850GT3, AMD Rx 580 8Gb, 16384 DDR4 2900, Hitachi 7K3000 2Tb, Samsung SM961 256Gb SSD, Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X, Samsung S24F350 24'

Module manager the square on top when you start dcs. Happy new year

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Everything is done thru updater and module manager

DCS World 1.5.2 released for main public game version!

Please use DCS Updater to update current DCS 1.2.16 to DCS 1.5.2.

Note. All products (modules) should be installed via ingame Module Manager only. Dedicated installers will not be provided anymore.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Do you guys have in mind the people of the 3Th World?? The people have not internet can't keep up to date this game with some huge update of 2Gb to download via update manager. With this policy this game is limited to first world Countries. Is a shame...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
Do you guys have in mind the people of the 3Th World?? The people have not internet can't keep up to date this game with some huge update of 2Gb to download via update manager. With this policy this game is limited to first world Countries. Is a shame...

Even before you had to download the update, not sure what the issue is??

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Download xxxmb Update through Updater.. or ..Download xxxmb .exe installler

shrug...

whats the argument here again? Im confused.

If they have no internet, how'd they download the GBs of installers and ISOs every time there was a new version?

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

I understand the concern. I live in rural Iowa, U.S.A. and only have .25 to .5 mb download speed on a very s-l-o-w dsl over old copper phone lines. At school where I work, I can use our 100 mb download speed to get my modules and major updates, transfer to a usb drive and take them home. When I travel, I take a laptop not for pleasure but to download updates for everything, so I can take them home and install later.

For me, I leave a computer on all the time anyway, just because of the slow internet speed, so I do mind, but understand, the seven days it took to download the 2.0 alpha. Yes, it took seven days, 24 hours a day.

I am not making any judgements on other comments, however not everyone has "true" high speed internet. We have an area of the school district that in the past year, had only gotten access to cellular phones, when Verizon finally installed a tower, before that there was a dead spot for people traveling through the region, not to mention the hundreds of people that lived there and couldn't access what so many take for granted, a cell phone.

Am I upset of the new policy, no as I understand that it streamlines the process, but it could limit others from jumping onboard.

So the installers, and ISOs are beneficial for some of us. Just something to consider.

Edited by fredm2002
Wanted to update a comment.

Intel i7-12700K, 128 GB RAM, 3080 TI, 26 TB of Storage

I understand the concern. I live in rural Iowa, U.S.A. and only have .25 to .5 mb download speed on a very s-l-o-w dsl over old copper phone lines. At school where I work, I can use our 100 mb download speed to get my modules and major updates, transfer to a usb drive and take them home. When I travel, I take a laptop not for pleasure but to download updates for everything, so I can take them home and install later.

For me, I leave a computer on all the time anyway, just because of the slow internet speed, so I do mind, but understand, the seven days it took to download the 2.0 alpha. Yes, it took seven days, 24 hours a day.

I am not making any judgements on other comments, however not everyone has "true" high speed internet. We have an area of the school district that in the past year, had only gotten access to cellular phones, when Verizon finally installed a tower, before that there was a dead spot for people traveling through the region, not to mention the hundreds of people that lived there and couldn't access what so many take for granted, a cell phone.

Am I upset of the new policy, no as I understand that it streamlines the process, but it could limit others from jumping onboard.

So the installers, and ISOs are beneficial for some of us. Just something to consider.

on that note, you *could*, in theory:

copy the dcs install to the thumb drive.

goto school

open command prompt, dcs_updater.exe update

and/or install modules the same way.

let it go, close when done, take usb home, copy dcs folder back.

the updates are likely less than downloading new installers with every patch.

Edited by SkateZilla

Whilst i've got some sympathy for folks with a slow internet connection, the software is what it is, and this isn't the largest 'game' either. The concept of dumbing down the textures to make the installer smaller is utterly ridiculous.

DCS "Ubuntu version" - with 16 bit graphics, now available for 48k ISDN...

really?

REALLY?

Get someone that likes you with a faster connection to burn it to DVD and post it. Or do it from the library, or work...

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Nobody was asking to "dumb" down the graphics, the original comment was about standalone installers.

I see value in using the updater and abandoning the standalone installer, which should speed up the process to push new content.

I look forward to all the upcoming modules and maps, in their full DX11 glory.

Happy New Years!!!

Intel i7-12700K, 128 GB RAM, 3080 TI, 26 TB of Storage

Whilst i've got some sympathy for folks with a slow internet connection, the software is what it is, and this isn't the largest 'game' either. The concept of dumbing down the textures to make the installer smaller is utterly ridiculous.

really?

REALLY?

Were you reading a different thread?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I have the same problem where I can't download at home (mostly due to a 25GB per month data limit), luckily I can take a laptop into work. The real problem comes from the fact that my laptop can't run the new 1.5 client.

Luckily it took all of about 2 minutes to solve the problem.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

That's what the stickies are there for guys.

Well, I also find it disappointing. I have a slow Internet connection at home and, at some point in time, I actually had to pay money to go to an Internet Cafe to download the new files. And having to redownload everything everytime I reinstall Windows is frustrating to say the least. I like to keep my distributives at hand in case of Internet connection problems.

However, if this thing is meant to cut someone's ability to pirate ED's software - I can live with that. If not - I would vote to get the standalone distributives back again - it is amazing what children, or a misinformed spouse can do to a Windows installation.

Thanks for the answers guys and Happy New Year! :-)

AMD Ryzen 3600, Biostar Racing B850GT3, AMD Rx 580 8Gb, 16384 DDR4 2900, Hitachi 7K3000 2Tb, Samsung SM961 256Gb SSD, Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X, Samsung S24F350 24'

And having to redownload everything everytime I reinstall Windows is frustrating to say the least.

You can just back up your Eagle Dynamics folder to an external disk.

It was a while ago, but if I remember correctly the updater doesn't like to install over old copies if the game isn't already installed properly 9which means the game won't be registered in the registry or appear in the programs list in the start or control panel menus, plus the updater won't work automatically), but I think you can get around it by starting a fresh installation, stopping the torrent shortly after, copying across your back up and then running the updater from the folder (the updater looks for previously installed files before downloading the rest/updated versions).

Alternatively, you can just copy your backup folder to it's normal location and manually create a shortcut to your desktop or taskbar; although as I mentioned, I think this prevents the updater working properly so you'll have to update using the procedure in the link I posted above (but I guess you'll have to use that anyway if you are updating the game on a USB stick).

You can just back up your Eagle Dynamics folder to an external disk.

Are You saying, that DSCW and it's modules do not have any registry entries? That would certainly be a solution... however that leaves me clueless as to why did the change in the installation process was needed in the first place.

I imagine, that having a copy of the DCSW or it's modules, pirates could make a hack allowing to play offline games for free. Making a Web installer would, probably, make it much more difficult for them to obtain the required files (they still would only need to purchase one copy of each module to hack and distribute them).

Thanks for the suggestion 98abaile!

There are install paths in the registry,

And starforce proactive keys

You should however be able to copy/paste the entirety of the DCSW Folder to another drive and be fine.

So Far the Install Path only tells the old module installers the default folder, and any paths to draw files from before updater starts downloading new ones when you make a second fresh install next to the original.

the DCS_Updater can be run without running the actual DCS.exe

You can copy DCSW to another drive, take to work, open command prompt issue the update command, it will update and then close without trying to open the DCS.exe.

Go home, copy back to your gaming drive, and be good to go.

really?

REALLY?

Get someone that likes you with a faster connection to burn it to DVD and post it. Or do it from the library, or work...

Trying understand WTH you wrote there

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Im really beginning to miss DVD boxes of games. A 8GB downlod is too much even in the 1st world when the girlfriend is running the smart TV and Amazone prime at the same time.

Big files need a physical storage. For that reason I just bought a DVD box of Witcher III without hesitation.

So is there a way to download the files onto my phone's sd anymore? My only Internet option is 10G/month at home so I have always downloaded the install files whenever I'm in town.

Callsign: "Milkman"

I7-8700k@4.8--Corsair H115i pro--EVGA FTW3 1080ti--GB Aorus Z370--256GB M.2 SSD--16GB ram--Win10--1000wGold Rate PSU--CV1 Rift--TIR5--X55 HOTAS--TM pedals--TM MFDs--Custom UFC

i think that having the offline installers available is better than inventing workarounds. my internet connection is not stable, i need to use a download manager to handle the connection drops and schedule the download sometime late night. I am sure that the web installer is a better approach for someone, but not for me.