AIM9M on the M2000C! (Simple Mod)

Ah, yes, Mirage 2000 with R-73 here: http://www.worldwide-military.com/Military%20Aircraft/EU%20Fighters%20plaatjes/Grote%20foto's/Mirage%202000_1.jpg

But also MICAs... that should be a very "moded" Mirage 2000 version in think, specific to india... (EDIT: Hem, is ther realy R-73 ? the mirages are frenchs... )

(EDIT: hmm... sweet google http://combatace.com/uploads/monthly_08_2009/post-20260-1250684366.jpg )

In fact, i think even if the Mirage 2000 can carry R-73 and AIM-9 for export purpose, almost everybody uses the Magic II with the Mirage 2000...

Am I blind or do these mirages have 4 Super 530s on them?? :O

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I blind or do these mirages have 4 Super 530s on them?? :O

I thought they were MICAs, but they do look like a 530 variant. (Seeker head) Testing perhaps? I don't recall any evidence of 530s on the belly pylons, as they cause engine intake issues AFAIK. Could also be a 2000-5 as there is no pitot on the radome.

Similar pic:

attachment.php?attachmentid=85591&d=1118255242

I am fairly sure these are not 2000C RDI though, cool as it would be.

NVM, they are MICA RF missiles.

Edited by OxideMako

Many Thanks.

That works only that the R73 and its launch rail is under the 550 launch rail but it all works. Cool.

Unrealistic ? Absolutely. But it works

Manish

The R-73 works on the M-2000C as well! you will need to add this line under Pylons 1 and 9 in the /mods/m2000C/m2000C.lau

{ CLSID = "{CBC29BFE-3D24-4C64-B81D-941239D12249}", arg_value = 0.15 }, --R-73

So, as I understand it, the Magic is compatible with the Sidewinder J, L and P, but no one can find any information concerning M compatibility. So let's attack this from the other side. Is there any differences between the Sidewinder L and M that would make those two missiles incompatible. From what I know, the M has a smokeless motor, and a superior seeker head. Do we know anything about that seeker head that requires hardware not found on the Mirage 2000C?

Noticed the same thing.

The latest patch now requires the modified M-2000C.lua to be placed here :-

E:\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\CoreMods\aircraft\M-2000C

instead of the original location

E:\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Mods\aircraft\M-2000C

hope that helps..

Edited by Gunnergolly

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

Noticed the same thing.

The latest patch now requires the modified M-2000C.lua to be placed here :-

E:\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\CoreMods\aircraft\M-2000C

instead of the original location

E:\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Mods\aircraft\M-2000C

hope that helps..

Thanks bud, I found it.

I thought they were MICAs, but they do look like a 530 variant. (Seeker head) Testing perhaps? I don't recall any evidence of 530s on the belly pylons, as they cause engine intake issues AFAIK. Could also be a 2000-5 as there is no pitot on the radome.

Similar pic:

attachment.php?attachmentid=85591&d=1118255242

I am fairly sure these are not 2000C RDI though, cool as it would be.

NVM, they are MICA RF missiles.

I think that is a 2000-5 right?

So, as I understand it, the Magic is compatible with the Sidewinder J, L and P, but no one can find any information concerning M compatibility. So let's attack this from the other side. Is there any differences between the Sidewinder L and M that would make those two missiles incompatible. From what I know, the M has a smokeless motor, and a superior seeker head. Do we know anything about that seeker head that requires hardware not found on the Mirage 2000C?

Aim-9 L and M are compatible (if an aircraft can use one it can use the other)

the Aim-9P and Aim-9L/M are not necessarily compatible though.

Most Aircraft that can use earlier Aim-9 Variants can use the Aim-9P (wich is one reason why it was exported / produced in such large numbers)

while they cannot use a Aim-9L/M.

So and Aircraft that can use the Aim-9P is not necessarily capable of using the Aim-9L/M but if it can use the L it can use the Aim-9M.

Most Aircraft capable of using the Aim-9L/M are able to use the Aim-9P however since it was a very common Aim-9 and is still in service

and was produced / exported in very large numbers.

Edited by mattebubben

• 3 months later...

I know it's not realistic, however I'm trying to put the 530 on the central pylons but the plane doesn't shoot them. I've used even the aim-120 but nothing works. Maybe editing the file "/WEAPONS/M2KC_Weapons.luac" but I don't know how...

Immagine.thumb.jpg.7a7af3652be5477976561cf4da9d3e2d.jpg

PC: i7-13700K - MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio - 32GB DDR5 6200 - VPC MongoosT-50CM3 - VKB GF pro - MFG Crosswind - Msi MPG321UR-QD + Acer XB271HU - TrackIR5 - Rift S

Im looking at the M-2000C.lua in DCS World OpenBeta\CoreMods\aircraft\M-2000C

I don't see the lines

{CLSID = "{FC23864E-3B80-48E3-9C03-4DA8B1D7497B}", arg_value = 0.15 }, -- Magic R.550

Now I DO see:

{CLSID = "{MMagicII}", arg_value = 0.15, required = {{station = 9,loadout = {"{MMagicII}"}}} }, -- Matra Magic R.550

Is this where I'm supposed to drop the AIM-9 line? Ive done it, and I get the option to load them, but I cant make them lock or fire.

You can't its encrypted there is no way you're gonna be able to open it

It's not just the compiled lua. Fundamentally, to lock and launch a missile you need support from the systems code. Their code (like the real jet) isn't setup to trigger a missile launch from the center pylon, so there's really no possibility to do that without RAZBAM's assistance.

Good luck editing modules. You run the risk of breaking the module (make backups!).

Now the FC3 aircraft...that's a different take. I've modded my F15 so much its a missile factory in the air. 2-Aim120's on EVERY pylon!! (except the side pylons). Yep...even the engine cheek stations...hehehe.

Slapped the FAB1500's on the Migs, Su27/33 and the Su25 and T. KAB1500 on the T as well. So many MER stations on other mod a/c that use FC3 pits it's not even funny. (Don't laugh at my F4 loaded like it's an A6).

But... the modules...be careful...Plus all your hard work is destroyed when an update is released...the LUA gets replaced. (Trust me).

But boys will be boys.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...