DCS Tucano

Evilducky

Why did you guys cancel the T-2 and then start work on yet another trainer? I sincerely don't understand this from a business point of view :huh:

The T-2 has nothing beyond carrier ops going for it. As an attack bird is even lacking in the weapons department since its loading capacity is quite limited. This is an aircraft solely designed for training pilots, whatever bombing capacity it has is also for training.

The Tucano, is primarily a trainer, but it was also designed to be used as a COIN aircraft with a respectable ordnance load. Greater than the T-2.

The Super Tucano is primarily a COIN, Air Recce and Air Observer aircraft that can be also used to train pilots. Different philosophies. It can carry anything that a F-18 or a Harrier can, except for radar guided weapons.

It can do ground based air intercepts thanks to the ability to carry a pair of Sidewinders or Israeli Pythons. I can carry a laser designator and guide GBUs or carry them as well. In other words it is a very powerful light attack aircraft. It lacks nothing in the avionics department with a full glass cockpit with 3 MFDs.

933.jpg

AIR_Super_Tucano_Amazon_Patrol_lg.jpg

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

emb314supertucanobn0.png

150308aaf.jpg

Afghan A-29 Super Tucano.

Edited by Zeus67

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

The T-2 has nothing beyond carrier ops going for it. As an attack bird is even lacking in the weapons department since its loading capacity is quite limited. This is an aircraft solely designed for training pilots, whatever bombing capacity it has is also for training.

The Tucano, is primarily a trainer, but it was also designed to be used as a COIN aircraft with a respectable ordnance load. Greater than the T-2.

The Super Tucano is primarily a COIN, Air Recce and Air Observer aircraft that can be also used to train pilots. Different philosophies. It can carry anything that a F-18 or a Harrier can, except for radar guided weapons.

It can do ground based air intercepts thanks to the ability to carry a pair of Sidewinders or Israeli Pythons. I can carry a laser designator and guide GBUs or carry them as well. In other words it is a very powerful light attack aircraft. It lacks nothing in the avionics department with a full glass cockpit with 3 MFDs.

933.jpg

AIR_Super_Tucano_Amazon_Patrol_lg.jpg

Awesome! I am officially looking forward to this aircraft :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Folks, the only reason we are talking Tucano and not Super Tucano is time and resources. We are going to develop the Harrier after the M-2000C is finalized, something that will happen in the first half of this year.

So our main resources will be focused on the Harrier. We do not want to divert those resources from the Harrier into the Super Tucano.

Still nothing has been decided yet. We will very likely make a decision this week on which one will be done the Tucano or the Super Tucano.

For the record, everybody here likes the Super Tucano.

Whichever Tuc you guys choose is great. This one will be fun to fly in either 312 or 314 versions.:thumbup:

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

I wouldnt buy a trainer aircraft but a ground attacker would be awesome.

Servus! :smilewink:

My DCS:World-Modules:

A-10C, UH-1H, F-86F, Fw-190D9, MiG-21bis, P-51D, Mi-8MTV2,Bf-109K4, MiG-15bis, L-39C, Hawk, NTTR, Mirage 2000C, SA342M Gazelle.

Wishlist:

P-40, F-104G/S, Saab J-35 Draken, A-1H Skyraider, Su-17/22M4. :music_whistling:

You guys are fast going to become my fave devs - the Harrier after the Mirage 2000C (which is already a great module, even unfinished) and then the Tucano.

I just hope you will be able to get them finished before I'm over the hill (turned 51 yesterday). Seriously - that's my biggest worry with all the stuff we are expecting in DCS World (and VR). :unsure:

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Folks, the only reason we are talking Tucano and not Super Tucano is time and resources. We are going to develop the Harrier after the M-2000C is finalized, something that will happen in the first half of this year.

So our main resources will be focused on the Harrier. We do not want to divert those resources from the Harrier into the Super Tucano.

Still nothing has been decided yet. We will very likely make a decision this week on which one will be done the Tucano or the Super Tucano.

For the record, everybody here likes the Super Tucano.

pls make the Harrier and the the Super tucano without rushing. If it takes 6 month longer i dont have problems with it ^^

SFMBE

Folks, the only reason we are talking Tucano and not Super Tucano is time and resources.
The Super Tuc would be awesome. But a plain vanilla 312 can carry gunpods, rockets and bombs too, can it not? Which would make it an awesome COIN / light attack aircraft, no? Bah, just ignore the whiners and make whichever you want, because I'm certain oodles of folks (me included) will buy it in a heartbeat :thumbup: Well done lads and just bring it on!

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I understand the time and resources thing. Ultimately it comes down to a very simple question of do you want DCS: Tucano as a little side project after the Harrier before moving onto something else or do you want DCS: Super Tucano as the next big project? For my part, I'd buy the Super Tucano but probably pass on the regular Tucano. I'm certainly not alone in that, the Super Tucano clearly has far wider appeal. But whether or not that justifies making it the next big project instead of something like the F-15E is another matter. Not an easy decision to make, good luck!:bye:

Edit: Yeah, the AT-802U was funny but I'd actually like to see a modern COIN plane or two. The AT-802U and Super Tucano are prime candidates, I have no preference between them at this time. Another one I'd go for is the Yak-130.

Edited by King_Hrothgar

Not sure if its been asked, I couldn't find it but is the Tucano the same as a Texan 2 or Harvard 2 as we call it in Canada? It seems to be but I'm not 100% sure.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

snip

No need to pretend to take the role of a supposed white knight m8. and no need to twist what im trying to say.

No ones demanding anything its just that really developing a exclusively unarmed trainer, the developer are harming themselves more due to much less appeal for the module and thus less profit made vs making two versions ( trainer and combat) or at least a trainer version capable of carrying ordinance for light strike duties ( like the c101 or the L39), because this is a combat sim. A non combat simmer can still free flight a combat plane without ordinance. but limiting to unarmed planes isn't good way to go, because combat simmers cant do so the other way around.

developers makes more profit when apealing to both non combat simmers, and the vast majority of players here ... actual combat simmers. and with more profit they can hire more developers and go on to do additional projects.

also tf51 is pretty easy to operate. quick startup prodecdure.

A tucano will have more modern systems and in most more cases modern systems take more time to learn than ww2 tech which are just simple stick n rudder planes.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD