Official Campaign thread

baltic_dragon

Thanks!

Once it is out make sure to read the short note released with it - as it is quite complex there are some important pointers there, especially for those coming mainly from FC3 background.

Any feedback will be most welcome - both positive and negative (but constructive).

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Thanks!

Once it is out make sure to read the short note released with it - as it is quite complex there are some important pointers there, especially for those coming mainly from FC3 background.

Any feedback will be most welcome - both positive and negative (but constructive).

I´m sorry baltic_dragon, it seems that I forgot to include the campaign intro in my submission to ED.

Here's the doc.

Campaign_intro.pdf

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Great seeing the training missions and the campaign!

I can't believe they skipped that in the week-end news, that's the news for this week AFAIC :)

Funny immitation of French accent in the training missions, but it's clearly not a French :D You should've asked, there are many here.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Great seeing the training missions and the campaign!

I can't believe they skipped that in the week-end news, that's the news for this week AFAIC :)

Funny immitation of French accent in the training missions, but it's clearly not a French :D You should've asked, there are many here.

Hmm.. he is French. 100% French. I am certain of it, as I know him :huh:

Actually all the French accents in the campaign are done by French people. US by Americans, British by Brits, German by Germans. Hell, even the Georgians were recorded by a 100% Georgian (by the name of Giorgi, which makes it even more believable).

Hmm.. he is French. 100% French. I am certain of it, as I know him :huh:

Actually all the French accents in the campaign are done by French people. US by Americans, British by Brits, German by Germans. Hell, even the Georgians were recorded by a 100% Georgian (by the name of Giorgi, which makes it even more believable).

My mistake then, it seems my teasing backfired. He's a French with a (somewhat concealed but still detectable) nice English accent, which is more than what we can say for most of us :)

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Encountering an issue in the first campaign mission. Seems a trigger isn't working when taxiing with my wingman. He stops right before turning by the S-3Bs and doesn't do anything. No radio trigger available.

I waited a minute or two, then passed him, thinking maybe I missed something and was supposed to go first but was taking my sweet time.

I took off, flew a circuit, and he moved up to the runway, but then a truck pulled right in front of him and they are now blocking each other.

I probably did something to mess it up, but it may be an issue as well.

I did quite like the mission all the way up to takeoff :-)

Happy to provide more info if needed.

Yes, as myHelljumper and Gliptal say.

I have attached in the first post a short introductory remarks - I'd urge all of you to go through them, the campaigns is quite complicated at times and AI is not always doing what they are supposed to do, especially during the taxi. All such instances and warnings are there, and after you read it and do what is told there you should be OK and have no issues. So I strongly recommend that you read it!

Generally speaking try to keep some distance to the IP during taxi at all times, they freak out when you get too close to them and just stop. One way to make them move again is to turn around and backtrack the taxi way (if there is space to do so). Fortunately you can just restart the campaign without loosing any points.

Usually calling the ATC and aborting the take-off solves the problem. Then, once the wingman resumes, you can ask for clearance again (which is optional).

• Like 1

As long as you keep the distance it should be OK. There were very rare instances in the testing where they would block on their way, but sporadic ones. Having said that, once he holds short of the runway (usually blocked by a car) then it is safe to come closer so he calls his intent to depart and the mission will move on. But that's only when the IP is holding short of active.

From the accent you can tell he's definitly french.

Done the first training mission so far, eager to start the campaign, I really appreciate your "the ennemy within" campaign and knowing the module was delivered with a real campaign was a big plus to buy it

(actually a module delivered without proper training mission and campaign would be a show stopper for me)

• Like 1

couldn't complete the first mission in two attempts :)

first time I taxied to the runway and stayed far from Chevy 1-1 and script didn't work - UAZ didn't go away :) we couldn't take off :)

second time I taxied closer and script worked :) we took off

when I had to perform landing procedures (visual/touch-and-go) - I switched to radio tower frequency, had two dialogues, performed touch-and-go, did a circle and landed and then had only silence in the air :) no one spoke to me anymore :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

second time I taxied closer and script worked :) we took off

when I had to perform landing procedures (visual/touch-and-go) - I switched to radio tower frequency, had two dialogues, performed touch-and-go, did a circle and landed and then had only silence in the air :) no one spoke to me anymore :)

Did you fly the pattern correctly? You should have heard some chatter with ATC while turning on final. If not, you probably went too wide and missed a trigger zone. Keep the briefing images close, the last one shows a couple of references for the pattern; they're also available on the kneeboard.

For everyone having problems, consider using Tacview and posting an .acmi file as well: I'll take a look and see what is wrong. It's easier to spot issues that way.

Yeah, sorry about that ZHeN, difficult to find the sweet spot with the AI during taxi ;) as for the pattern, after touch and go you should be over the village to the north from Vaziani, also check closely the briefing and the maps. Try to fly it exactly as shown.

Aso, one question - you used the F10 radio menu, right? And switched to the frequency given in the briefing, not the standard AI freq for Vaziani? In other words, did the tower you hear was the standard AI one or the custom - recorded one?

Folks now we have official subforums for both the campaign and training missions. Any comment, observation or bug report you can make it there under its own thread. Baltic_Dragon will monitor those threads to answer your queries.

• Like 1

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

OK, in that case you must have been too far out. You should hear:

Player's call of intent

ATC response

Player's call on final

ATC response

After touch and go you should go right and overfly the village, there is a call of left hand downwind from player

ATC response

Player's call on final

ATC response

Hope this helps!