Found a Secret City in Turkey :)

Mtnbiker1998

Stumbled upon this in the mission editor. appears to be templates for different town blocks? I thought it was kinda funny.

I also took a sceenshot of the F10 view, in case anyone wants to explore it themselves :pilotfly:

20160315205921_1.thumb.jpg.ab685cf6aa201f107eee15947e83c3c7.jpg

20160315205824_1.thumb.jpg.9fa88d3ae93915e8362c13cffdbc0fee.jpg

20160315205758_1.thumb.jpg.ef0ac7089389808b7ac8c2580570457f.jpg

• Like 1

Come fly with me, lets fly, lets fly away! -Sinatra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Specs: Lenovo Y50 with GTX 860m (2GB), i7 4700HQ 2.4GHz, 8GB Ram. Corsair K70(MX Blues are awesome!), Benq GW2760HS monitor, Steelseries V3 Prism headset, TM Warthog Hotas, Sidewinder FFB2 W/ FLCS grip, CH Pro pedals, TrackIR5, KW-908 Jetseat

FraserNZL I think it would be counterproductive, as not all areas are detailed as standalone areas.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

i wish they will add real Turkish cities in the future

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

i wish they will add real Turkish cities in the future

This. Adding more to this terrain would be just as welcome (to me) as new ones. It's a brilliant map, improvements would always be nice. I'd even pay for it. Either way is welcome, but I wouldn't be as upset as some people seem at the idea of them adding more to the Caucasus map. There's more capability there than there will ever be with the NTTR map.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to see the whole area worked on, I mean it's such a great theatre.

Or at least over time with frequent updates, so start with what we have and then say so give it a month and we see another village added or an existing one reworked, the next month probably some fixes or maybe another location (village/town/road/river/map feature etc) added in etc. Any thoughts?

I'd also like to see the whole map in the same sort of detail as the rest of it, none of this high and low detailed areas shenanigans. (Obviously where resources permit).

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I'd love to see the whole area worked on, I mean it's such a great theatre.

Or at least over time with frequent updates, so start with what we have and then say so give it a month and we see another village added or an existing one reworked, the next month probably some fixes or maybe another location (village/town/road/river/map feature etc) added in etc. Any thoughts?

I'd also like to see the whole map in the same sort of detail as the rest of it, none of this high and low detailed areas shenanigans. (Obviously where resources permit).

I think what we have, and will always have, is what resources permit. I think there are extremely few things that ED will not do because they simply don't feel like it.

I think what we have, and will always have, is what resources permit. I think there are extremely few things that ED will not do because they simply don't feel like it.

I think ED should already now have a tools to create terrains, instead using just 90's tools to do work to position every building and road, tree etc by hand.

Oh wait, they have those because if you look the current map, you have whole cities in 30 degree angle on hills!

[ame]

[/ame]

Look at that. That was the Sweden military technology (Saab C3 that was sold for Apple) that they used to map whole world.

You need just an aircraft to fly the area and the system does everything automatically, it maps the terrain, builds the 3D buildings, layout the roads and puts every texture in correct places. All what it requires is basically just an laptop and aircraft to do that. Lower altitude allows to get higher resolution, but higher altitude allows to cover quickly large areas with high enough resolution to games.

And that would likely be available for licensing or renting from Apple now.

There are lots of data available from all kind companies. And they can't be very expensive as even many other small companies uses those.

Like the Saabs software allowed to do this too:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-pxVjsRrB8[/ame]

To upgrade the Black Sea isn't really difficult if you have prepared to do the thing with the tools.

• You get data for height maps.
  • You get data for textures.
  • You get 3D data about buildings locations, roads, railways etc.
  • You make your own 3D buildings and other objects.

You automate everything by letting mapping tools to create the terrain for you.

First the height maps and textures are combined, you have the terrain ready.

Then your 3D models are mapped to positions of the building locations. That gives AI the knowledge where different kind targets are located, how to avoid them in pathfinding etc.

Roads and railways are automatically drawn to locations where they should be, and that creates as well automatically the pathways to AI to know where to drive on roads or so.

That is basically it.

It does require you to have the tools, an engine that supports high accuracy and AI that you can use.

Many talks about EDGE as it is just an graphical upgrade, but there must be something about the mapping (Terrain 3 -> Terrain 4 upgrade) and how detailed maps it does support.

As today even FPS games has far more polygons and shaders in use at once on the screen than DCS has. It is question about the engine capability to map and render things, not that it is impossible.

Like look the problems we have in DCS, the aircraft visibility! How long it did take to get some people happy to see the aircraft further than 1km?

And I am annoyed that I can spot (without any model size changes) aircrafts from over 10km range and ground units from 8km range without even altering FOV. You just see a black dot "there is something" or you can even see the shape "Oh, there at 9km is C-130 and two F-15C"

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

There is other small cities also further down the coastline. I know because I have flown the complete coastline round :music_whistling:

Show me, please. I've done three circuits now, the last at night with NVGs at 10,000 ft. Just the one is all I saw.

yes! the coordinates of all remote cities wouldbe most welcome... it would finally allow me to make some long range strike missions with refueling over the black sea!

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL