Leatherneck Q1 Development Update - Part I

Cobra847

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well dont think he ever said friday =P.

He said this week.

I feel like I should make a joke about how Friday is the last day of the week now...But people might flay me.

But you're right. I could swear I read it would be out today though...can't remember where.

Oh well. Another few days shouldn't be a problem. *Eye twitch*

Edited by Muppetlord

Almost forgot there was to be a part 2 to this update. I guess Cobra will play it up to the last moment as usual.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

out of topic and nombrilist comment. Please keep the thread clean of such supremacists comments like "so the week starts when we say so". To your general culture, pacific countries celebrate new year before us, years start there before here.

Absolutely right. I was of course referring to the zero meridian at Greenwich, and my comments were very much tongue in cheek. The international date line is just a product of the zero meridian - in other words, when it is noon on the meridian - and it is noon - the highest position of the sun which is used to determine position. It is tomorrow on the opposite side of the globe, and therefore, the date is determined at Greenwich and not the international date line, which just happens to be on the other side of the globe.

To be honest, what matter is it which day the week starts or ends on as long as we don't get obsessed with it. Did the original comments deserve any kind of recognition beyond ridicule?

Bottom line is we will get updates from Leatherneck exactly when they decide, and not a moment sooner regardless of when we feel the week begins!

Well dont think he ever said friday =P.

He said this week.

Yep, this week.

Two more days.

Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for the second part coming up sometime during next week.

Last edited by Cobra847; 04-01-2016 at 05:46 AM.

May the THRUST be with you

All I want too see if viggen not tomcat.

As tomcat is not now but vigggen should be out before august. :)

Cobra viggen please!! :)

I was waiting F-5E but now I prefer the viggen so I pass F-5E to buy viggen because F-5E is 2x aim-9 when Viggen is 6x aim-9 !!!

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

All I want too see if viggen not tomcat.

As tomcat is not now but vigggen should be out before august. :)

Cobra viggen please!! :)

I was waiting F-5E but now I prefer the viggen so I pass F-5E to buy viggen because F-5E is 2x aim-9 when Viggen is 6x aim-9 !!!

Well.

Remember the AJS 37 is primarily a Strike aircraft.

even if it is capable of defending itself and was able to undertake some fighter/interception missions atleast against targets with less importance when the dedicated fighters (like the JA 37 or J35 draken) were Occupied elsewhere.

And while it should have an edge against a Mig-21 its not up to tangling with 4th generation fighters in a head on fight

(as that was the task of the Fighter variant of the viggen)

So i very much recommend one uses the Viggen as a Strike/Attack aircraft.

With its Mavericks,Bombs,Rockets,Gun-Pods Anti ship missiles and

other weapons it can use in that duty.

Well.

Remember the AJS 37 is primarily a Strike aircraft.

even if it is capable of defending itself and was able to undertake some fighter/interception missions atleast against targets with less importance when the dedicated fighters (like the JA 37 or J35 draken) were Occupied elsewhere.

And while it should have an edge against a Mig-21 its not up to tangling with 4th generation fighters in a head on fight

(as that was the task of the Fighter variant of the viggen)

So i very much recommend one uses the Viggen as a Strike/Attack aircraft.

With its Mavericks,Bombs,Rockets,Gun-Pods Anti ship missiles and

other weapons it can use in that duty.

I know I know dont worry. :smilewink:

But a plane loaded with 6 missiles is beautiful!!

I would like to see it loaded like this in one screenshot from update 2 :)

And see it loaded with others armament. :joystick:

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

You must really love the Su-33 then, it can carry 14 missiles. Regardless, the AJS-37 is an attacker, not a fighter. In a head to head matchup, my money is on the F-5E and MiG-21Bis despite the AJS-37 being 20 years newer than either of them (it's also newer than the Su-27, MiG-29 and Mirage too). I expect nothing out of it other than a super sonic AGM-65 carrier, which would be handy on 104th and similar servers. The thrust reverser should also make for some quick land and rearmings.

You must really love the Su-33 then, it can carry 14 missiles. Regardless, the AJS-37 is an attacker, not a fighter. In a head to head matchup, my money is on the F-5E and MiG-21Bis despite the AJS-37 being 20 years newer than either of them (it's also newer than the Su-27, MiG-29 and Mirage too). I expect nothing out of it other than a super sonic AGM-65 carrier, which would be handy on 104th and similar servers. The thrust reverser should also make for some quick land and rearmings.

You're right buddy I like the 33 and wait the PFM.

Dont worry what youare saying i know that. ;)

We're running into a bit of a delay with producing all of the shots for our planned second part of the F-14 update. (First in-depth development video!)

Working hard to get it to you ASAP.

To hold you over, here's a quickie look at what is coming. :)

https://gfycat.com/ConstantWateryFox

• Like 1

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

We're running into a bit of a delay with producing all of the shots for our planned second part of the F-14 update. (First in-depth development video!)

Oh God, I just can't wait for the Tomcat!

Thanks for the gif, Nick! I can't wait to see part 2 update and the development video!

I feel the need, the need for speed! ;-)

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

the AJ 37 viggen entered service in 1970/71.

So thats before the Mig-21Bis and F-5E variants.

the AJS 37 upgrade gave it some new weapons (Aim9L a New Anti ship missile a "Cluster" Glide bomb and having the pylons rewired to be able to carry most of the avaliable ordnance on most of the pylons)

But that does not make it a 1990s aircraft...

Then the Mig-21Bis would be a 1980/90ss or later aircraft because it has the R-60M and countermeassure dispensers.

All of the AJ 37s that were later upgraded (very small upgrade as mentioned) to AJS 37 were built in the 70s.

And in a Head To Head matchup against a F-5E and Mig-21 the viggen should not be disscounted.

It has HUD more advanced Avionics systems.

And if a battle started on even terms (head on etc) then My bets would be on the Viggen if the pilots were equally good.

And also seeing as the AJ/AJS 37 left service in 1998 i would hardly call it a 1990s aircraft...

The Upgrade was made mainly to let the AJ 37 use the New weapons Built for the JAS 39 Gripen untill the Gripen entered service (as it had been delayed so the AJS 37 got upgraded to stay decent on the Strike role for 3-4 more years untill the Gripen Entered service)

Edited by mattebubben
  • Like 1

Magnificent! I can't wait for this module.