DCS world bugs for MISSION DESIGN, ED team: please evaluate...

+1 to some critical ME bug fixes that block community extension to the DCS World environment.

I realise that some of them are part of an 'interim stage' of development that shouldn't be fixed in the current versions. This doesn't take away the implications of the effects of the "bridging" builds we've had and how long this bridging period should last for. If we look at the length of time that said bridging builds have been around, their effect on community stability, addition to confusion and constraint of extensions, the impact of this state of affairs has a widespread feel and sets us back in development of the entire DCSW environment, so these are not JUST BUGS, they are collective symptoms and blockers to the entire game, given the impact fixes will have once a clear path is set for community developers. Abandoned scripts litter this game, we need to keep the gifted members of the community less stressed and more contributory.

Well said, mate. Totally agree.:beer:

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

+1 to some critical ME bug fixes that block community extension to the DCS World environment.

I realise that some of them are part of an 'interim stage' of development that shouldn't be fixed in the current versions. This doesn't take away the implications of the effects of the "bridging" builds we've had and how long this bridging period should last for. If we look at the length of time that said bridging builds have been around, their effect on community stability, addition to confusion and constraint of extensions, the impact of this state of affairs has a widespread feel and sets us back in development of the entire DCSW environment, so these are not JUST BUGS, they are collective symptoms and blockers to the entire game, given the impact fixes will have once a clear path is set for community developers. Abandoned scripts litter this game, we need to keep the gifted members of the community less stressed and more contributory.

+1 +1 !!!!!

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 mobile

• Like 1

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

Thanks, FlightControl for this thread. I have a number of missions on the Hold Shelf due to these issues.

Was it mentioned,,, Slmod can no longer do a mission restart because the mission filename is not available?

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

+1

Mission editor bugs are off putting for mission designers. It's so time consuming to track down and make work arounds for bugs and inconsistencies which prevent things working the way they should.

Mission design is a major component of DCS. Without the ability to design missions effectively, DCS is meaningless regardless of how great the aircraft and environment are.

This is so true. About once a year I get the itch to build something worthwhile in the ME, and it usually lasts about 10-14 days until I realize that it just isn't worth the time and effort. Not that I cannot create something decent/good right now, but I know that it is only a matter of weeks/months before it will 'break' in the next DCS version. My creative impulse gets turned into a scientific bug tracking exercise.

So here I am back again, hoping that now we are getting close enough to the BIG MERGE that the ME is being made more stable.

[sIGPIC]sigpic65507_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I ran into the (BUG 4: Crashed air units cannot be destroyed using Group.destroy(AirGroup) or Unit.destroy(AirGroup) ) Bug, The workaround atm is when the planes come back to land, they immediately despawn when they touch the tarmac. If a player causes a crash on the runway, it will stay there, immediately shutting down all automated AI functions at that airport until reboot. completely kills off the airbase....

I wish we could look at parts of there code and put in pull request fixes if they don't have the time to do it atm.

Developer of DDCS MP Engine, dynamicdcs.com

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=208608

I ran into the (BUG 4: Crashed air units cannot be destroyed using Group.destroy(AirGroup) or Unit.destroy(AirGroup) ) Bug, The workaround atm is when the planes come back to land, they immediately despawn when they touch the tarmac. If a player causes a crash on the runway, it will stay there, immediately shutting down all automated AI functions at that airport until reboot. completely kills off the airbase....

I wish we could look at parts of there code and put in pull request fixes if they don't have the time to do it atm.

+1 Yes, very true my friend... I went even thru the effort to implement that mentioned workaround in the MOOSE class CLEANUP, which is a rather crappy implementation... I also really and I do mean really would like to ask ED to once and for all deal with those bugs. This error was reported about 1,5 years ago. During that time, we were flying DCS 1.2.x...

[/TABLE]

+1 Yes, very true my friend... I went even thru the effort to implement that mentioned workaround in the MOOSE class CLEANUP, which is a rather crappy implementation... I also really and I do mean really would like to ask ED to once and for all deal with those bugs. This error was reported about 1,5 years ago. During that time, we were flying DCS 1.2.x...

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Come on ED. Lets get rid of these anoying everlasting bugs......

please please please!!!!

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

• ED Team
Yes, PLEASE! Maybe it's a language barrier issue, hopefully not a PR restriction issue, but it would be great if ED could confirm these well-researched bugs are being taken care of

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2840703&postcount=44

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Hello Sith, for some reason I cannot follow the link you just posted...

[/TABLE]

Works here, but its just an earlier post in this thread where Grimes confirmed these were reported.

Ok, thanks.

[/TABLE]

• 2 months later...

Hi all, are there any bugs solved that were in the list since the last 4 months? Anybody who can advise would be helpful. Thanks, Sven

[/TABLE]

Hi,

BUG ...

in last version of DCS 1.5.4, when infantry units touch player helicopter, they can destroy player helicopter. Strange !!! what may be true for heavy vehicles cannot be true for a "little" man !

thanks.

Added. How urgent is this, and is there proof? A video or demo script would be good.

[/TABLE]

Come ON!!! You gotta be kidding!!! Looked at the video. This means that the CARGO embarking won't work anymore??? Definitely a mission design issue also for scripters!

Community, please also consider a post that i wrote a few months ago, but that unfortunately nobody grasped ...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=168635

Anyway, the bug is added in the list now... BUG#12.

Sven

[/TABLE]

yes and no... 2 problems in fact

Ok the problem is only when scripting. In my case setting route in lua for troops... sometimes troops hits helicopter....

But without script, troops pass throught... not better !!!! (see mission ;)

So : when setting route by script, route pass throught helicopter, troops destroy it. Without script, troops passe through...

The two cases are not good. Troops have to turn around in all cases.

best regards

test test.miz