Controls

CrackerJack

I'm interested in the Gazelle but this would be my first copter. I have the TM Warthog with pedals. The question is how will this be with a HOTAS? I'm not sure if specialized controllers (cyclic, collective, etc) are needed?

Win 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-7700k@4.2GHz, MSI 1080Ti , 16 GB, 500GB SSD, LG 34UM95, Acer T232HL, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Dont worry, just put the collective inverted (so full collective is pulling the throtlle back) and that is it,

Larger stick is helpfull.

This is optional though, you don't actually need to do this (unless I'm misunderstanding your point). I run the Huey without any changes for the collective.

i7-4790K@4.7GHz : EVGA 1070 SC : 16GB Corsair Vengence Pro : 2xEVO 840 SSD : EVGA 850W PSU : CORSAIR H100i Cooler : ASUS Z97-AR MB : CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D FULL TOWER

This is optional though, you don't actually need to do this (unless I'm misunderstanding your point). I run the Huey without any changes for the collective.

What he means is, he's inverted the axis of the collective so collective down in game is full throttle forward IRL. I do this as well to replicate the feel of an actual collective.

Not that anyone want's to fly it with keyboard anyways, but at the moment it seems there are no available flight controls to assign for keyboard only.

YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/c/antimonni

PC SPECS: Win10 Home 64Bit, i5-2500K @4GHz, 32Gb DDR3, 6Gb Nvidia GeForce GTX980Ti, 2 SSDs+HDD

CONTROLS: TM Warthog HOTAS / Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals / TM MFD Cougar x4 / TIR 5

MODULES: Almost everything!

I strap the throttle to the arm of my chair so it moves vertically and simulates the movement of the collective. It's also worth removing the centring spring from the stick if you can.

Modules: UH-1H, Mi8, SA-342, Nevada

Controls: Pro Flight Trainer Puma, Saitek X52 Pro, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Razer Tartarus

PC: i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz, MSI Gaming X 1080, 32GB RAM, Samsung 950 Pro M2 NVMe

HMD: Oculus Rift CV1

I mapped batt, gen and altern on 3 joy buttons but when I press one of these the lever go on and when I release the button the lever go off. Why?

I'm flying since 1988 (Flight Simulator 3.0) :pilotfly:

There is something in the scripting for some buttons where if you use the warthog throttle switches they will stay activated but if you use the joystick momentary buttons the switch is also momentary. The Master Arm switch is one such switch. I mapped it to the radar altimeter switch on the throttle so it would stay on.

Ok, I need to change all controls in default.lua :(

example:

from

{down = device_commands.Button_21, up = device_commands.Button_21, cockpit_device_id = devices.ELECTRIC, value_down = 1, value_up = 0,name = _('SA342 Battery On/Off'), category = _('SA342 Main Panel')},

to

{down = device_commands.Button_21, cockpit_device_id = devices.ELECTRIC, value_down = 1, name = _('SA342 Battery On/Off'), category = _('SA342 Main Panel')},

I'm flying since 1988 (Flight Simulator 3.0) :pilotfly:

Hi all. I also bought the Gazelle - my first helli! New to hellis in DCS I have a noob question regarding the controlls: I am using a Logitech Attack 3 joystick which has 3 axis (X, Y & Z). With these I can use the collective, pitch and roll, but not the 4th axis, the rudder, making it impossible to fly the Gazelle.

My question: is it possible to bend (at least one) axis to the keyboard, so I can use all 4 axis? Can the Gazelle (or other DCS hellis) be controlled with just the keyboard?

Thank you in advance!

Force Feedback will be done?

--

MSFF2

Not sure if SIMFFB will work, but I'm going to try that with my G940. I'll report back.

Edit: Here is where to download it: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84883

• Like 1

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

Hi all. I also bought the Gazelle - my first helli! New to hellis in DCS I have a noob question regarding the controlls: I am using a Logitech Attack 3 joystick which has 3 axis (X, Y & Z). With these I can use the collective, pitch and roll, but not the 4th axis, the rudder, making it impossible to fly the Gazelle.

My question: is it possible to bend (at least one) axis to the keyboard, so I can use all 4 axis? Can the Gazelle (or other DCS hellis) be controlled with just the keyboard?

Thank you in advance!

The Z axis should be your rudder input. For choppers, it is absolutely essential to have that on an axis. The collective can be keyboard bound, but an axis is also recommended.

Happy Flying! :pilotfly:

I can confirm that SIMFFB works as advertised with this module. Just don't map any of the trim functions to the stick in game, and you shouldn't have any problems.

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

The Z axis should be your rudder input. For choppers, it is absolutely essential to have that on an axis. The collective can be keyboard bound, but an axis is also recommended.

Thank you Platypus for the hint with the Z axis. I will change that in the settings. Unfortunately it is not possible to map any of the 4 axis to the keyboard. They can only be assigned to the joystick.

Good question. We are currently in the process of procuring a Force Feedback Joystick for future testing and updates.

In Helo, FFB is a must have for all helo module. especialy for the realistic trimming and make the stick stand where it is trimmed

hope you'll do it. as your module is Top quality it would be unfair to not have this function.

I can confirm that SIMFFB works as advertised with this module. Just don't map any of the trim functions to the stick in game, and you shouldn't have any problems.

Ah. i'll give it an other try without the ingame trim so. thanks for that advice.

Edited by snowsniper

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Thank you Platypus for the hint with the Z axis. I will change that in the settings. Unfortunately it is not possible to map any of the 4 axis to the keyboard. They can only be assigned to the joystick.

Hey Polychop , will there be a keyboard mapping for the rudder ( palonnier) in the next coming update ?

Because we can't fly for the moment.

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits