*SA342 BUG REPORTS*

The_Fragger

Manual typos:

I've been reading through the manual as I just bought the module and finding some errors here and there. Not exactly a bug but hey, it might help :)

Page 7: Top down view states the width at the landing skids it states 2.750 meters whereas right below it in the Front view it says 2.040 meters for the exact same measurement.

All in all, I'd really recommend the devs to have another go at the manual and include things such as basic helicopter operation, checklists, and also review everything that's written so far. I've found several typos (such as 'witch' instead of 'which') and numerous occasions of questionable grammar.

Referring to a training mission in the manual is unacceptable for subjects such as weapon deployment. The manual is supposed to be a reference which is accessible at any time (from a second screen or secondary PC/Laptop). In the current state of the manual, if I haven't flown the SA342 in a while and I find myself in a situation where in my group I'm flying the SA342 I have no way of easily getting myself up and running. The exact same goes for start up, which is even MORE important. This alone ensures the SA342 will NOT be a widely used helicopter as it CAN NOT be started up without either some luck OR excellent knowledge of the aircraft. And quite frankly, I do not possess either as I can not invest hours and hours of my free time in every single module.

Perhaps more importantly, this sets a precedent of which I'm unhappy with the quality of (some important parts of) the developers' module. This makes me doubt whether I'll buy another module of them again if the SA342('s manual) will remain in its current state. And that saddens me greatly, seeing a possibly excellent module being deteriorated by simple things such as useless manuals.

This changed from a Bug report to more of a Feedback post. I hope you can appreciate it and will address some of the things I stated as they're incredibly important for the module's success!

Closing, a module that can't be flown because of a lack of knowledge is a useless module, not because it is bad but because it is inaccessible to those who can not invest their lives into DCS. And there are many of us that can't.

Cheers Art

There you go I haven't read the manual yet. :thumbup:;)

<edit>

By that I meant it flies well. :)

Edited by FragBum
<edit>

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

I'm curious why you believe that Training Missions are inferior to learning Weapons from a Manual ?

The Training Missions teach you how to use the Weapons Systems in the Gazelle quite well IMO.

I agree having a written reference can be handy at times but the systems in the Gazelle are so basic and minimal that there isn't much to remember (or forget).

I haven't flown ANYTHING in 4 months (needed a break) but I'm confident that I will remember all that I need to remember the minute I jump back into the Gazelle (and most other Modules that I have flown).

Anyway, give the Training Missions a go before you shoot them down (so-to-speak).

Then after practicing what you learn in those missions/tutorials and referring to that which IS in the Manual (typos and all) if you still have questions, there are many of us here that are willing and able to help you with ANY questions you may still have.

Plus you will likely receive the help you need rapidly in these Forums.

Best of Luck and Happy Flights friend.

SnowTiger:joystick:

• 2 weeks later...

No kill message in multiplayer when a missile (AIM-120?) hits me from above (rotors?).

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Hello from DCS World v1.5.6.

This is SA342_interior_weapon_Controls _SPEC.dds filename in Gazelle's texture zip file.

1) There's a space before _SPEC word. Is that intentionally or a mistake?

2) Gazelle code looks for "..Controls _SPEC.." or "..Controls_SPEC.."?

Thanks.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

No kill message when killed by AIM-9M from front. What's going on Polychop? You even checking this bug?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Most of my friends on my populatr multiplayer server still have the sound bug, when you die the all the sounds that were in the cockpit keep repeating themselves forever and ever, I have to COMPLETELY close out the game to get it to go away, it makes me not want to fly this really fun chopper.....

Developer of DDCS MP Engine, dynamicdcs.com

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=208608

Most of my friends on my populatr multiplayer server still have the sound bug, when you die the all the sounds that were in the cockpit keep repeating themselves forever and ever, I have to COMPLETELY close out the game to get it to go away, it makes me not want to fly this really fun chopper.....

I think PC said it was a multicrew bug and they can't do anything about it, ED have to fix it. I could be wrong tho.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Drex, it is enough to rejoin the server to fix the soundbug btw.

Even if ED has to fix it, why hasn't it been fixed since several months now? ED is meanwhile fixing other bugs which are (imo) less important...

Drex, it is enough to rejoin the server to fix the soundbug btw.

Even if ED has to fix it, why hasn't it been fixed since several months now? ED is meanwhile fixing other bugs which are (imo) less important...

I don't know, not a lot of players are using multicrew so it might be low on their list.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Other bug, when landing Gazelle really softly it still bounces hard right-left-right-left-BAAAAM tailrotor breaks off.

Other bug, when landing Gazelle really softly it still bounces hard right-left-right-left-BAAAAM tailrotor breaks off.

I think you should be more specific.... Which DCS version? Offline or on which server? Is this happens every time for you? Or only with/in multicrew? Or only on tuesdays?

This is no normal behavior and this not happens to me for a while... (only when I'm "learning" this modul)

• Like 1

stable DCS, online, when landing on a very high and flat mountain (as high as when I cannot hover without losing altitude, but when I fly in any direction slowly, I can still climb). Happens quite often, bouncy bounce, black screen (high G?) and tailrotor broke off.

• 2 weeks later...

Master arm switch ON/OFF button doesn't stay in on position when mapped to joystick. I use a modifier plus joystick button combo to enable this function but it immediately returns to the off position when released. I have the exact same button setup on the black shark which works as it should. The same thing happens with the Master on/off(autopilot) switch, (the one that lights up on the panel). However the master autopilot switch on the stick(why are there two autopilot masters btw?) works and stays on in its selected position. NOTE...both these buttons work as they should when using a mouse click to operate them. which is really strange.

Edited by Raven434th

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

There are various mappings in the Gaz.

If you map that control to a DX on/off toggle switch it will work fine. i.e. If the DX is ON the switch is ON, OFF it's off - if that makes sense. If you have TMWH put it on a toggle switch.

A momentary DX switch such as found on many joysticks, TM MFD's and some button boxes will only activate the swtich when ON ie pressed.

The keyboard command works as a toggle on/off so workarounds can include TARGET or any other software that maps keyboard commands such as found on some keyboards, mice, or Joy2Key AutoHotkey etc...

SIGBLOCK.png

There are various mappings in the Gaz.

If you map that control to a DX on/off toggle switch it will work fine. i.e. If the DX is ON the switch is ON, OFF it's off - if that makes sense. If you have TMWH put it on a toggle switch.

A momentary DX switch such as found on many joysticks, TM MFD's and some button boxes will only activate the swtich when ON ie pressed.

The keyboard command works as a toggle on/off so workarounds can include TARGET or any other software that maps keyboard commands such as found on some keyboards, mice, or Joy2Key AutoHotkey etc...

I worked around it by doing what you suggested...but if that's the case they need to add a master arm button that is a single button push just like all the other buttons. IMO its a bug not a feature in this case.

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

2 crashes back to back

Firing on a BTR 80 using missiles crashed the game twice in a row same parameters (roughly) ...I will change it to another enemy armor vehicle to see what happens and report back.(1.57 version)

edit: changed 1 btr to a t-55...killed it no problem. will change it back to a btr group and repeat test.

edit: changed it back to a 4 platoon group of BTR...engaged 3 of 4 no problems. What can I say. However ,I didn't engage the leader of the group as I did in the first two missions that crashed(possible reason for crash?)

Edited by Raven434th

• 2 weeks later...

Mkay setting my AC number to "666" sets okay to side panels on doors. :thumbup: but tail has "66 66" :D

Edited by FragBum
<typo>

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Yeah I know it does that every time I hit the ground to hard as well,.. :megalol:

• 2 weeks later...

It's impossible to lock on to Ka-50 with Mistral heat seeker. Please fix ASAP ! ! ! VERY ANNOYING!!! We all payed money for this to WORK ! ! ! DO IT, fix it ASAP

• Like 2

Actually, afaik, it's supposed to behave this way, as you'd want the autopilot to keep the altitude. Imagine your going auto-hover and you're looking outside into the distance or focusing on instruments or sth. other than the ground right below the Gazelle. In this case, when slowly decreasing altitude, at some point you'd crash into the ground. I rather believe that what I'm experiencing from time to time, that the collective DOES change altitude WHILE auto-hover is activated (happens in 1 out of 10 cases or even more rarely) is the actual bug... I'm not a real pilot, but are you?

When you activate the autohover mode the helicopter is unable to climb, collective at 100% and does not ascend. This happens in the DCS 2.1 version, but in 1.5.7 it works fine. :helpsmilie:

Tested with maximum weight and minimum weight, the helicopter is not able to ascend in the version DCS 2.1. In 1.5.7 it works perfectly with maximum and minimum weight. :helpsmilie:

Is this happening even when using (or not using) the Manual/Automatic collective mode (as described on Pg 131 of the PDF DCS SA342M Flight Manual) ?

The "C" Key turns this On/Off (the Controls Manager shows "COL" when in Hover). This should remain at a constant altitude above ground but then when you turn it Off, you should be able to Ascend/Descend.

Is this NOT working for you in DCS 2.1 ?

I haven't tried it in DCS 2.1 for a while but it worked the last time I did.

SnowTiger:joystick:

Is this happening even when using (or not using) the Manual/Automatic collective mode (as described on Pg 131 of the PDF DCS SA342M Flight Manual) ?

The "C" Key turns this On/Off (the Controls Manager shows "COL" when in Hover). This should remain at a constant altitude above ground but then when you turn it Off, you should be able to Ascend/Descend.

Is this NOT working for you in DCS 2.1 ?

I haven't tried it in DCS 2.1 for a while but it worked the last time I did.

:joystick: No problem jeje

Edited by purpi