Aluminium Joystick/HOTAS table mounts - Monster Tech

meisterolsen

If you regularly slide your stick from outside to inside when flying, not flying, and you value your desk surface, get some cloth or something under the clamp on the top of the desk.

I have a cheap IKEA desk and i've scratched the surface quite badly, the combined weight of the WH stick and a monstertech bracket is something that you need to consider wearing foot protection for, it may break your feet/sleeping cat/dog/earths outer crust.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you regularly slide your stick from outside to inside when flying, not flying, and you value your desk surface, get some cloth or something under the clamp on the top of the desk.

I have a cheap IKEA desk and i've scratched the surface quite badly, the combined weight of the WH stick and a monstertech bracket is something that you need to consider wearing foot protection for, it may break your feet/sleeping cat/dog/earths outer crust.

Good tip, Pikey.

I may try some self-adhesive felt blanket under it.

Let me ask you something. Does your mount have the protection plastic under it?

I am asking because mine will come with that (and I bought one spare) and maybe the felt will diminish the mount stabilization. I don't know...

All the best,

Sydy

Edited by Sydy
Adding a question.

The aluminum profiles that all the mounts are based off of are metric profiles correct? Being from the states I have a lot of extra fractional T-slot extrusions laying around and I'm curious on the compatibility with your drilled plate holes in metric vs fractional (imperial). I wanted to order the plates for my warthog to get them nicely attached to my rig.

Sydy, my mounts purchased about a year ago came with the plastic guard. It's very thin, but for me it has done the job. I don't want to suggest that Pikey is careless, because it may simply have to do with the desk, but I have no noticeable wear on my desk due to the mounts. Seriously, no complaints other than that there are situations where they need to be just a little longer. If I knew then what I know now, I would have asked Monstertech to add about 3-4 inches to the height of the mount to better support center stick use.

Sydy, my mounts purchased about a year ago came with the plastic guard. It's very thin, but for me it has done the job. I don't want to suggest that Pikey is careless, because it may simply have to do with the desk, but I have no noticeable wear on my desk due to the mounts. Seriously, no complaints other than that there are situations where they need to be just a little longer. If I knew then what I know now, I would have asked Monstertech to add about 3-4 inches to the height of the mount to better support center stick use.

Aaron,

Thank you for your post. I am curious to see how mine fit my desk.

I will post a picture later on.

All the best,

Sydy

Man I need to look in here more often. :)

Thanks for posting the image with the measurements.

Every table mount comes with a very thin plastic layer under the top plate. We have not gotten other feedback of scratches to the table. Thanks for letting us know, I will check that out.

We have some big changes coming up in the next two month.

You can expect a lot of new products, longer mounts, cheaper mounts, new attachments, new videos, streams and a lot of other stuff.

Pictures of the plastic:

joystick_hotas_table_mount_plastic_1.jpg

joystick_hotas_table_mount_plastic_2.jpg

joystick_hotas_table_mount_plastic_3.jpg

It would be nice to have a place where you can mount the an additional mounting plate for the BlackBox. Maybe something like this:

black%20box%20mount%201.jpg

or this:

black%20box%20mount%202.jpg

Thinking about some more:

First solution, but placed at the top of the mount with cable between stick and BlackBox on top looks very nice from a cable management point of view.

Edited by DEChengst

[sigpic][/sigpic]

PDP, VAX and Alpha fanatic ; HP-Compaq is the Satan! ; Let us pray daily while facing Maynard! ; Life starts at 150 km/h

Yeah I thought long and hard about this but without using an additonal plate there is no way to attach the box with screws.

My first idea was to mount it on the underside of the Gunfighter plate, but the screws to attach it might collide with the inside of the gimbal. So this idea was out.

The top plate does not work either because we can not use screws there.

Maybe I can design an optional extra plate for the box.

I would recommend using some double sided tape or poster strips to attach it to the mount.

Decided to follow your suggestion and used double sided tape. Now I can handle it easily, using one hand for the mount and the other one to hold the stick. I no longer feel I need a third hand to hold on to the Black Box

VKB%20Black%20Box%20mounted.jpg

[sigpic][/sigpic]

PDP, VAX and Alpha fanatic ; HP-Compaq is the Satan! ; Let us pray daily while facing Maynard! ; Life starts at 150 km/h

So, a while back I ordered a table mount of custom dimensions for my VKB stick. I asked for vertical displacement (as measured from the the table top to the bottom of the VKB Gunfighter base) of 500 mm, and a horizontal displacement (as measured from the front of the vertical post to the front of the VKB base) of 210 mm. This was to accommodate the extension as well as the larger the MCG-Pro grip.

I received it a little while back, and thought I would post my impressions. In one word: EXCELLENT. I have to say that the design, workmanship, functioning, and handling are all truly, truly, truly, truly superb! A fitting companion to the VKB. And I was surprised at how much of a difference it made to the handling. I really did not expect that, as my previous base was stable enough (screwed down into a block of wood). I was expecting an advantage in flexibility in terms of height adjustment, but not much else. In fact, I discovered in addition to the flexibility in height, there was something much more natural about the mount play as well as stability: so much nicer in "feel" and, weirdly, it seemed like I had more control (though the latter, in hindsight, is probably attributable to the fine-tuning of height adjustment).

LBLO7nz.jpg

What do your seat setups look like with the VKB/Monster-Tech combo? I have the same setup and to get the stick comfortably close to me, it requires the stick to be a little too tall for ideal placement. If I put it lower, I'd have to reach too far for the stick. Only way I could remedy is to maybe cutout a section of the middle of my seat, so I could have the mount lower, and be able to move close enough to the stick/desk.

Just wondering what your setups look like when you're sitting in them. Any info appreciated!

pic of my stick setup. You can see that the mount juuuust skims the top of the seat.

What do your seat setups look like with the VKB/Monster-Tech combo? I have the same setup and to get the stick comfortably close to me, it requires the stick to be a little too tall for ideal placement. If I put it lower, I'd have to reach too far for the stick. Only way I could remedy is to maybe cutout a section of the middle of my seat, so I could have the mount lower, and be able to move close enough to the stick/desk.

Just wondering what your setups look like when you're sitting in them. Any info appreciated!

pic of my stick setup. You can see that the mount juuuust skims the top of the seat.

I just use a regular old wooden dining chair with a seat cushion. I have the height of the stick adjusted so that I can rest my arm on my lap and hold the grip comfortably. No problems with full range of motion on any axis.

Previously, with the TMWH + extension that I had mounted on a wooden block, it was indeed too low, and this indeed caused issues with forward extension. To the extent that I was considering getting a chair like this to allow for me to seat closer and yet have room for full aft draw: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002D4QB4/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=29O0QMQ8BLMBG&coliid=I2YO5DMPJMJG4E .

Luckily, with the move to the VKB + MonsterTech combo, that was not needed!

• 2 weeks later...

Placed my order more then 3 weeks ago. Still shows in production. Sent them a messgae a couple days ago and they haven't responded yet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

Hi,

yeah we do have a bit of delay at the moment. We got a lot of order in over the last 2-3 month. Know that we are doing our best to ship as soon as possible.

We are also in the process of expanding and optimizing the production at the moment. Hopefully we will catch up again soon.

Cheers

Olsen

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know that my orders arrived here and I am very, very, very happy!

It took two weeks o come from Germany to Brazil (close to Sao Paulo) and, as expected, it was taxed by brazilian customs.

I fly in a more ergonomically way now and that will need some reeducation. I do not think I will be able to use an extension, but I will try anyway.

Here goes some pictures of my humble home setup:

YlVms.jpg

cKHUC.jpg

Boph8.jpg

Congratulations for your product! It is not cheap, but it worths every cent. I will recommend it and endorse your products for sure.

All the best,

Sydney

Another very satisfied Monster Tech Customer!

I just got it hooked up this morning, and love it! Assembly was very easy and straightforward, and the black color goes great with my Warthog with Black Extension. Fits my desk beautifully and is very easily adjusted.

I was previously setting my stick on my desktop, this is going to be much more natural and comfortable!

I also got an additional Gunfighter plate for it as well, whenever the new MCG grip becomes available I will be hooking the Gunfighter up to give it a try as well.

IMG_0555.JPG.c65a9c28f7f02f8d58ccff90b2fb1b2c.JPG

IMG_0556.JPG.f419d29e3a358747f703161e9d583b81.JPG

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

So, a while back I ordered a table mount of custom dimensions for my VKB stick. I asked for vertical displacement (as measured from the the table top to the bottom of the VKB Gunfighter base) of 500 mm, and a horizontal displacement (as measured from the front of the vertical post to the front of the VKB base) of 210 mm. This was to accommodate the extension as well as the larger the MCG-Pro grip.

I received it a little while back, and thought I would post my impressions. In one word: EXCELLENT. I have to say that the design, workmanship, functioning, and handling are all truly, truly, truly, truly superb! A fitting companion to the VKB. And I was surprised at how much of a difference it made to the handling. I really did not expect that, as my previous base was stable enough (screwed down into a block of wood). I was expecting an advantage in flexibility in terms of height adjustment, but not much else. In fact, I discovered in addition to the flexibility in height, there was something much more natural about the mount play as well as stability: so much nicer in "feel" and, weirdly, it seemed like I had more control (though the latter, in hindsight, is probably attributable to the fine-tuning of height adjustment).

LBLO7nz.jpg

Thanks a lot for posting this. I'm setting up for DCS now and also plan on using an extension as I intend to fly helos primarily, so I'm after a very similar setup.

It's good to know monster can handle longer/custom offsets like this. It is a game changer for me.

I'm glad I came in here and rummaged around.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Flight Stand?

Could anyone offer a review of the Flight Stand? It seems like everyone is getting the desk mounts. The Flight Stand seems like it would be more stable, since it wouldn't rely on my Ikea quality desk. It also seems like it would work a bit better with stick extensions. And yet there are tons of desk mount reviews out there, and not a single Flight Stand review. Is there something I'm missing here?